Hello everyone

I have a Bold 9900 which is great but I am having a problem getting my outlook email account to work properly on it. I have installed the address and emails come through no problem and I can send them. However, the problem is that any new emails coming in appear on the device for a while but then vanish! Today for example I had a dozen emails but just now a new one came in and I watched all the others disappear which is so frustrating! The emails are still on my outlook account if I go on my pc so what has gone wrong? I am currently using an email server 'mail.emailsrvr.com' which the company I am working with set up but they have not been able to work out the problem yet.

Thanks for any help or advice really appreciated.
    07-02-12 03:35 PM
    Without any further information the first thing I thought of when reading your issue was the setting for days to keep email. To check it highlight the email that is giving you problems click BB menu scroll down to options the first choice is message display and actions click that. At the bottom is a setting for how long to keep messages for. I keep mine on forever.
    If it is set on forever we need to know how you get your emails. BES, BESX, or OWA. these three systems could be the culprit.
    Good luck
    07-03-12 05:01 AM
    Thanks for coming back to me. I have checked the setting for how long to keep and it was set for 90 days so should not have been a problem. Reset to forever now to try that. The account was set up for me by a company I am working with and it comes through the mail.emailsrvr.com website so not sure if it BES, BESX or OWA? Email server type is IMAP with 'port 993' shown and 'use SSL' ticked if that helps clarify things?
    Thanks again for the ideas so far.
    07-03-12 12:22 PM
    Your data is either provided via BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service: a personal BlackBerry data plan) or BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server: a corporate BlackBerry data plan run through the company's own dedicated BB server.)

If you're on BES, talk to your network administrator. There may be a policy that's causing this.

If you're on BIS, you shouldn't need to set the Keep Messages to forever. 30 or 60 days are common settings for many users.
    In Messages Options under Message Display and Actions, ensure you have checked the box for Confirm Delete. (It's a couple spots above Days To Keep Messages.)
    Under Email Reconciliation, you can experiment with some of those settings too.

Also do check your Outlook options. You have to go through a few menus, but there's a setting in Outlook for how long to keep messages on server. Extend that setting to something like 30 days and see if that helps.
    07-04-12 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD