Sometimes while I'm in a phone call my phone will randomly dial another person from my contacts and then the person I was on a call with gets put on hold. It's starting to drive me nuts. Can someone help me?
    06-03-12 10:37 AM
    When you put the phone to your ear it should disable the touchscreen,..
    Do you have a Screen Protector Blocking the Proximity Sensor ?

Also as a Temp fix you can press the lock button while on a call.

What OS are you running ?
    06-03-12 10:51 AM
    That's happened to my wife a few times. I don't know how to help her other than to tell her how I try to hold the cell on its sides cause the touch screen is so sensitive. No it hasn't happened to me yet.
    06-03-12 10:54 AM
    When you put the phone to your ear it should disable the touchscreen,..
    Do you have a Screen Protector Blocking the Proximity Sensor ?

Also as a Temp fix you can press the lock button while on a call.

What OS are you running ?
    Thanks I'll let my wife know that and try it myself.
    06-03-12 10:55 AM
    Which OS are you using?

You should have to lock the screen while on a call either, that defeats the purpose of the proximity sensor.

I experienced the same thing as you a couple times on .267. I have not experienced it on .342.

Try a different OS.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    06-03-12 10:55 AM
    I think it likes to unlock itself while in a call though... I could be wrong but I swore Iv'e locked it yet the screen comes on again. I am running 7.1.0.342
    06-03-12 10:59 AM
    Try updating to a newer OS and see if that helps..
    06-03-12 11:01 AM
    I have the same problem with my 9900 and it happens all the time - My phone usually calls the same contacts alternate number -you can manually lock the screen all you want it just unlocks its self. Its drivin me f***kin nuts - so nuts that 2 weeks ago a pitched the phone down the hall into the kitchen where it smashed into the cupboard and cracked the didgitizer and rendered the touch screen useless. Needles to say it fixed my problem 100 percent but I really missed my touch screen capabilities and ordered a new didgitizer online for 30 buks and replaced it yesterday to only have now the same fu**kin problem again.
    Come to think of it this seems to have started happening quite frequently only after I downloaded some new bull Sh*t update from rogers - perhaps ill reload another version of OS and see if tyhat helps.
    From what I hear other people have this same problem with their Iphones.
    06-03-12 11:22 AM
    Make a test call,... Use your Finger the Block the proximity sensor and see if the Screen turns off.. If it doesn't then something definitely wrong with the sensor..
    06-03-12 11:25 AM
    Make a test call,... Use your Finger the Block the proximity sensor and see if the Screen turns off.. If it doesn't then something definitely wrong with the sensor..
    My sensor definately works as i can see the screen shuts down when the phone gets to my ear - its during the call some where when it seems to fail and activate the screen and my ear seems to hit the "add participant" icon and it happens litterally in a split second and the person im talkin to is on hold and I'm usually callin that same persons alternate number on their other line.
    06-03-12 11:35 AM
    Its when you move the phone away from your face so the screen activates then put it back and press something with your cheek before it deactivates again. Proximity sensor is not instant
    06-03-12 03:43 PM
    I can see my screen blink on and off while on a call without moving the phone and being sure it is held tight against my head. The proximity sensor does not work on all phones. I had the same problem with a 9800 and had hoped RIM would have figured it out by now. I have tried most of the current face lock/slide lock apps and none work 100% of the time.
    06-04-12 05:58 AM
    Ok same issue here with our 9930.... calls last number dialed or adds last number to a conference call right in the middle of a conversation. Last night we got our replacement,,this morning, same issue, problem still exists on new phone. Proximity sensor is working, I enlarged the hole for the edge glove she uses, no help. Seems the only work around is to lock the phone after receiving the call We Are REALLY fed up... all problems started with touch screens...
    09-26-12 09:32 AM
    Ok same issue here with our 9930.... calls last number dialed or adds last number to a conference call right in the middle of a conversation. Last night we got our replacement,,this morning, same issue, problem still exists on new phone. Proximity sensor is working, I enlarged the hole for the edge glove she uses, no help. Seems the only work around is to lock the phone after receiving the call We Are REALLY fed up... all problems started with touch screens...
    I use the slide2lock app and within the app there is an option to lock screen while on call so it takes care of itself. This app is from jaredco and is available in appworld (free and paid option)
    09-26-12 09:56 AM
    Hey all,

Download Advance OS & LED from the app store. It will lock your screen during a call. So no more unwanted dialing. And it has tonnes of other useful things.

Cheers

Craig

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-26-12 10:04 AM
    I am on my 4th new Blackberry Bold 9930 and I am going to throw it out the car window. I will be on a call, and it randomly dials a number from my contacts and disconnects the call I am on. VERY BAD FOR BUSINESS! The other day I was on a call with my boss, and it did this 7 times in 5 minutes. I'm done.
    01-18-13 03:46 PM
    This happened to me many times while on .746 I think. However, with .825, I have yet to experience this. If you are not on .825 yet, why not update to this OS and see what happens?
    01-26-13 12:40 AM
    I solved this problem completely by simply pressing the buttom on the very top of the phone (a lock button??) I press it after I begin a call or receive a call. It takes literally one second or less to press that button and then all is well in the world again!!!
    01-26-13 05:51 AM
    Let us know if you try that!
    01-27-13 06:06 AM
    I wonder if RIM actually gave these models a trial run before launching.
    Very unprofessional. I've started endorsing my friend's views who calls them, DUMBerry.

P.S.: I threw the phone too to crack the touchscreen, and then sold it for whatever I got. At least that let my frustration free.
    07-26-13 03:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD