Hey folks!

I have been one of the folks that has been gung-** about the new Bold and all the things it just great.

However, when i am eligible for early upgrade in October, I am faced with a situation.

The Bold is an expensive device, and even with my upgrade discount (75 beans), im probably going to be paying 400 dollars for it.

Enter the new Curve, which should be out by then. THe curve is goin to have most of the bells and whistles (NFC) of the Bold, a slower processor, not as much memory...but what gets me is the much improved camera (5mp autofocus) and the probably much cheaper price.

one thing that drives me toward the bold though, is that im going to have this device for at least a year before i move on to a QNX device, and i need something that will last. but i also want to be able to take good pictures, as my current curve is really the only camera i own.

right now im leaning toward the curve. thoughts, guys?
    08-23-11 12:20 AM
    lmbo, i had no idea it would "edit" out the h.o. part of that...funny. by the way guys, I am a Sprint customer!
    08-23-11 12:21 AM
    UGH Decisions Decisions!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It SHOULD have a touch screen...I don't know what's going to be too much different but come on RIM...even the Palm Pixie had a touch screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-23-11 12:24 AM
    The autofocus and pricing also interest me...
    08-23-11 12:30 AM
    fancy that...a full press release on the curve mere minutes after my posting...im not liking the 1000maH battery on the new curve...but cant be any worse then the 1150maH on the current 9330 i make due with. seido makes a nice 1500maH stock0size battery for the 9330...perhaps there will be a similar quality battery for the 9350/60/70?
    08-23-11 12:39 AM
    Go ahead and get the 9930!! BE ONE OF US * hypnotized eyes *
    08-23-11 02:28 AM
    In all honesty, other than the price there is no reason for you to want the Curve over this new Bold.

I guess some people like the Curve's keyboard better and the lack of touchscreen... but performance wise, I feel like if you've used the Bold 99XX you would be disappointed with the Curve... but I haven't used it I'm just assuming. (I'm almost positive the new Curve will NOT have a touchscreen, at least not the 9350/60/70... but there is a full touch Curve 9380 which is the smaller water-down version of the Torch 9850/60, Also there are rumors of a Bold 9790 which would be a refresh of the Bold 9780 with a touchscreen and the same processor/memory in the 9930.

If you are a Curve person it may be the device for you, but if you want the top of the line Blackberry that truly competes with the high end competition definitely get the 99XX.
    08-23-11 02:34 AM
    The upgraded processor on the Dakoda will make you feel like you REALLY upgraded. The speed o the BB is just mind blowing I wouldn't susbsitute it for anything less after I tried it.
    08-23-11 02:39 AM
    The upgraded processor on the Dakoda...
    The Dakota was the pre-production name for the 9900/9930... not the Dakoda
    08-23-11 06:43 AM
    The curve has smaller screen and no touchscreen so doesn't this make up for slower processor? Btw its half mm thicker from bold and much much smaller in size I'm also now thinking of returning the bold for this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 06:55 AM
    Hey folks!

I have been one of the folks that has been gung-** about the new Bold and all the things it just great.

However, when i am eligible for early upgrade in October, I am faced with a situation.

The Bold is an expensive device, and even with my upgrade discount (75 beans), im probably going to be paying 400 dollars for it.

Enter the new Curve, which should be out by then. THe curve is goin to have most of the bells and whistles (NFC) of the Bold, a slower processor, not as much memory...but what gets me is the much improved camera (5mp autofocus) and the probably much cheaper price.

one thing that drives me toward the bold though, is that im going to have this device for at least a year before i move on to a QNX device, and i need something that will last. but i also want to be able to take good pictures, as my current curve is really the only camera i own.

Based on the video review of the forthcoming Curve by Vodafone on CB, the camera is a 5mp EDOF, not an autofocus. You might want to dig deeper into the details of the specs to be sure. The camera wouldn't be enough to push me to the curve from the bold (although it's not in my hands yet). Good luck.
    08-23-11 06:57 AM
    Some people thing the 9900 is still too big for them (my gf.) I that case i'd say go with the curve but know the bold touch is the current flagship for a reason.
    08-23-11 07:18 AM
    Impossible choice...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 08:15 AM
    Thanks for that picture PagerRocka.

They both look good next to each other. I just love the Curve's keyboard. I'll probably end up getting both.
    08-23-11 08:28 AM
    Hey folks!

If you are going to be switching phones in less than a year, just get the cheaper curve. You are already losing monetary ground by buying phones outright and not keeping them for very long.(a year is not that long for keeping a phone) Just get the cheaper one for now if you dont think you will stay with a phone very long.
    08-23-11 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD