I went to renew my Tour for a Bold 9930 at Verizon. Went to 2 stores and they didn't have 1! And they seem stuck on that 250 dollar price. The 3rd store was going to get 1 the next day for me. I had my 17 year old son with me and he talked me into a Droid Bionic. I went along with it because of the 30 day return. I figured nothing to loose...return it for a Bold right? Well looks like I am on the other side of the fence now.
    I was ready to return the bionic the next day. I had Guilt pangs and missed the desktop manager sync w/outlook,The password vault, the flashlight utility, And Quick launch!
    What stopped me was the Bionic has incredible fast internet, and excellent video playback. I discovered that I can customize the Bionic to almost what i had with my Blackberry...it's just a huge re-learning curve. It was not all that hard though coming from a Tour. I still have time (3 weeks) to switch to the 9930. but at this point I have to admit I am pretty pleased with the bionic. It is MUCH longer than the Bold. Battery can really run down in 8hrs. But with the Tour I owned...I never got to use the browser much cause it was so poor! The Bionic camera stinks. My tour's was much better. The Bionic has incredibly good voice recognition! I am verbally texting and e-mailing with almost no errors ever! The free navigator is tops. And the number of applications available for anything you could want....most free...has me pretty convinced. You may want to consider the trial period to see if it's right for you. I still wish I trialed a Bold 9930 though, for a fair comparison. I will miss this forum..Your a much more sophisticated group and helped me immensely with my 1st smart phone. I'll still check up on stuff here. Once a Berry head...always. I wish Rim was not so slow getting stuff to market and stocking. I always felt I had to wait a year more than I should have for updates and technology that's already out. The Bionic is 4g and dual core. From what i have researched....the battery seems on par with the 9930. I got it at Best buy for $250 and took their insurance. Much better than Assurion for same money.
    09-16-11 03:08 AM
    I still wish I trialed a Bold 9930 though, for a fair comparison.
    It's not too late.

You should really do a comparison, internet browsing on the new OS7 devices completely blows away OS5 devices, and is a huge improvement over OS6 even.

If you find the Bionic suits your needs better, then more power to you, but you can't compare the new Bionic to a phone that launched 2 years ago.
    Last edited by therapyreject174; 09-16-11 at 03:18 AM.
    09-16-11 03:15 AM
    Good luck with the new Bionic. Personally, I can not stand Motorola devices. I just purchased the 9930 and had an HTC Evo 4G prior. Sure the screen real estate is nicer on the EVO, but I think the browser are both similar speed wise (9930/EVO). The android market is nice, but I'm not an app junkie. And I really feel that android/ios devices are pure eye candy. They are toys first and phones second. Where with Blackberry it is the other way around. For me nothing beats an actual keyboard. I can fly on this thing. Also, even though I had 4G coverage where I lived, I seldom ever used it. Want to see your battery life deplete extremely fast than leave it on. With that being said, to each their own.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-11 08:14 AM
    There is a big difference between the two platforms and both have their advantages and disadvantages so you need to look at your needs before you purchase one. I left android to gain features that BB has and androids don't.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-16-11 08:35 AM
    The Bionic is a beast of a phone. Dual core 1ghz and 4g LTE, great combo right there. For like others suggested, this each their own.

I upgraded to the 9930 from a Droid X (which is basically the same form factor as the Bionic) because after one year of having it, I could not get used to the touchscreen. Typing on glass just doesn't work for me.

The 9930's keyboard, or almost any keyboard that RIM makes, is amazing. I thought I would not be able to type as fast but not only can I type quickly, I can type WAY more accurately.

One thing I always caught myself doing on the Droid X was if I went to delete something but I ended up pressing the M button or the Return which obviously added to my overall correction time =D

I do give credit to Verizon's LTE network, blazing fast. I think if the 9930 had it, either the device would be much thicker (for the radio) or the battery life would last about an hour
    09-16-11 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD