I noticed that Slacker Radio get stuck in the notifications bar. It used to get stuck and have to be closed a second time to remove it, now it stays there until the phone is reset. Not a major flaw, but a bug with one app I have noticed.

~Ex
    06-26-13 01:06 PM
    I am noticing a horrible battery life with this new bundle compared to the one before it.
    06-26-13 01:59 PM
    It's official, I hate this new release! I deleted a bbm contact and then a few hours later restarted my phone and the contact came back from the dead!

I'm going to mix this bundle with BL RC17 and if that doesn't cut it, I'm going back to the old 861 with RC15.

EDIT: Not to mention the horrible memory leak.... more than 13 million bytes over ~24 hours period.
    06-26-13 04:11 PM
    It's official, I hate this new release! I deleted a bbm contact and then a few hours later restarted my phone and the contact came back from the dead!

I'm going to mix this bundle with BL RC17 and if that doesn't cut it, I'm going back to the old 861 with RC15.

EDIT: Not to mention the horrible memory leak.... more than 13 million bytes over ~24 hours period.
    I think people should stick to the thread's title. This thread is to post findings and comments in relation to OS .991 and not of hybrids. When you start talking about RC15 or RC17 you should do so in the corresponding thread in the Hybrids section.
    People who read this thread wish to share and receive comments in relation to the experience of using OS .991 in a pure state and not in combination with files of other OS versions.

Let's keep threads clean and make sure to post our comments in the correct place.
    06-27-13 06:45 AM
    I think people should stick to the thread's title. This thread is to post findings and comments in relation to OS .991 and not of hybrids. When you start talking about RC15 or RC17 you should do so in the corresponding thread in the Hybrids section.
    People who read this thread wish to share and receive comments in relation to the experience of using OS .991 in a pure state and not in combination with files of other OS versions.

Let's keep threads clean and make sure to post our comments in the correct place.
    Calm down my friend, it might also have the effect of making people who are not aware of the Hybrids available curious about them, spreading a little additional information can't do any harm.

For anyone who wants to know more about the BL Hybrid OS's here is a link for you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...evices-736988/

But as Scouts said, please ask any questions you may have in that thread an not in this one.
    06-27-13 09:17 AM
    I apologize if my tone was a bit excessive. I have tried hybrids in the past and will keep testing them, but many threads at CB end up completely out of topic as posts add up.
    i thinks most people agree that when one follows a thred we want to read abot issues directly related with the proposed topic. It's just a question of order.

By the way, thanks Legal for the link to the Hybrids section!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    06-27-13 09:23 AM
    I apologize if my tone was a bit excessive. I have tried hybrids in the past and will keep testing them, but many threads at CB end up completely out of topic as posts add up.
    i thinks most people agree that when one follows a thred we want to read abot issues directly related with the proposed topic. It's just a question of order.

By the way, thanks Legal for the link to the Hybrids section!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    No need to apologise my friend, I happen to agree with you completely regarding threads being hijacked, especially in the BB10 section.

We are indeed fortunate that so far the 9900 Forum has remained civilised, and I hope that it will always remain that way.
    06-27-13 09:35 AM
    has anyone successfully connected using Skype with this new OS? I have been unable to get skype to connect...it sits on connecting. I uninstalled and re-installed skype, but that did not help.
    I ended up falling back to .755. I was never able to connect to Skype and the GPS function is different in this release. I use QuickLaunch to toggle the GPS on/off, but in .991, quicklaunch is unable to toggle the gps back on. In .755 there is an option "GPS DATA Source" and the only setting is "Device GPS". But in .991 the GPS Data Source is no longer listed...at least i do not think so (can't remember the screen exactly). I am not sure if that is what is causing quicklaunch to not toggle the gps correctly, but that is the only visual difference i can see. Oddly, i had these same two issues when i tried to upgrade to .861 a few months ago.
    06-27-13 10:00 AM
    I got the update and for the first time, I didn't make it through the day on one battery charge. Is it possible to go back?
    06-27-13 04:11 PM
    After the update, has anyone been unable to login into Facebook or Twitter on data service?
    06-28-13 08:57 PM
    After the update, has anyone been unable to login into Facebook or Twitter on data service?
    No problem here on Sprint.
    06-28-13 09:37 PM
    Ran update OTA last week.

Battery life has diminished.
    Data connections (twitter, web) freeze often
    Phone calls dropping more often

Going back to 755

Sure hope this isn't a sign to come for the 9930 support
    laxbro510 likes this.
    06-28-13 09:47 PM
    I recently had to get a warranty replacement for my 9930. I updated it to the new OS using the Desktop Mgr and didn't notice any problems until I synced the new phone to my Avalon. When I transferred contacts only the phone numbers transferred witch is useless. I played around with it for an hour then called Verizon and spoke to level 2 tech support. They reviewed the situation and indicated there must be a bug in the OS and had no other answers. Any suggestions?
    06-30-13 10:10 AM
    For those who haven't tried hybrid OS, I highly recommend to try.

BL RC17 just came out recently. Click here to find out more.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    06-30-13 10:26 AM
    Downloaded but it drains my battery quick .. any reasons ??
    06-30-13 11:13 PM
    Downloaded but it drains my battery quick .. any reasons ??
    Are you referring to the stock .991 or RC17?
    07-01-13 02:00 AM
    Referring to .991
    Are you referring to the stock .991 or RC17?
    07-01-13 09:30 PM
    Same problem with my Prius. Names do not transfer!!
    07-02-13 05:10 AM
    I would like to add that after a week of using .991 on my 9930, I am extremely pleased with the update (outside of the Slacker Radio bug I mentioned earlier). With moderate use I am using less than 2% per hour (with all radios on except wifi) and the track pad sensitivity seems greatly improved. Best update I have used so far.

~Ex
    07-02-13 12:42 PM
    Have been running .991 for 24 hours now... Pretty solid OS so far.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    07-02-13 04:07 PM
    Glad to hear you're all liking .991 so far... I'm just saying I used BL RC17 with it and I couldn't have been happier.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    07-03-13 03:47 AM
    Just installed .991. Desktop Manager needed an update before the OS Update. Performed a DM Backup before the Update Backup just in-case.

Everything went well, had to go through the usual enter-usernames, setup configs, and so on. YouTube's icon got updated, saw a few new apps (Caller Name ID?), thought I saw Protect provide a notification about the "first backup successful", which I never saw before. Outside of that, just another update.

Would love to see BlackBerry go big on OS7 and include ActiveSync support in an update like OS10, but that's just me (workplace is going Exchange, I don't want to go Q10 yet, will try BIS Outlook Web Access).

- Scott
    07-05-13 07:18 PM
    Battery life does seem worse, but not horrible. So far, I am happy with it.
    07-05-13 10:13 PM
    At first this OS (bundle 2705) was great! However, now my battery drains very quickly, and whenever I use location based apps (Foursquare, etc) the phone shuts off and the batterys is dead.....
    07-08-13 11:41 AM
    This OS still works fantastic for me on Sprint in Connecticut. I've had no issues whatsoever with the battery or any other part of the OS.
    07-08-13 03:17 PM
134 ... 23456