Hi everyone.

I seem to be have an issue with abnormal (excessive) battery drain.
    I'm on OS 7.1.0.342

The issue appears to have started yesterday, 9/09/2012.
    I haven't changed any settings, programs, or program settings, on my phone recently.
    My battery usually goes from 100% to about 80% from 6-6:30am to 12:30-1:30pm, with moderate usage.

Yesterday, I noticed my battery got down to 1% by about 8pm (this usually NEVER happens to me). I quick plugged it in for the rest of the evening and let it charge and thought all was well.

This morning, my battery went from 100% to 60% from 6am to 8am! This has NEVER happened to me before! I plugged the phone into the charger and was back at 100% by 9am. From 9am to about 11am, I went from 100% back down to about 85%. Right now (noon, CST) I'm at 75%.

I looked at the battery device analyzer (which I've had running for months, now, because I'm curious) and noticed something called "cequint_vzw_bold9930_ECIDCore" listed under "Modules with the Highest CPU Time", at 0.64%. I have never noticed this listed there before. It looks like it has been there the last couple of days. Apparently, it is for some program that comes preloaded on VZW phones called "Cequint Caller ID". After doing some research on here, I guess there is no way to delete this program from the phone (unless some type of coding is modified in notepad).

I tried a battery pull, and I don't think that fixed the issue. I decided to change all of the program's permissions to "deny" until further notice.

Is this program something I'm even currently using? It's trying to charge me $2.99 when I start it up and explore some of its features. Has anyone else had these issues?

Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

EDIT
    After checking my battery drain trends, the issue appears to have started yesterday, 9/09/2012, between 9-10am. This is when I first see the "cequint_vzw_bold9930_ECIDCore" listed under the "Modules with the Highest CPU Time". Before this time, it is not listed. it's constantly there thereafter
    Last edited by C00TS; 09-10-12 at 12:38 PM.
    09-10-12 11:58 AM
    Check out this thread: Official OS 7.1.0.342 for Blackberry Bold 9930 From Cellcom. Go to page 3... start at post# 43 and continue on for another 20+ posts. This is where I learned how to edit the alx and cod's.

I always remove Cequint when loading/updating my OS.
    Last edited by dustanh; 09-10-12 at 12:24 PM.
    09-10-12 12:22 PM
    Thanks for the tip.

So, does that mean that Cequint is basically a useless app unless you pay the $2.99 charge for it?
    Also, would changing the application's permissions to "deny" for all the settings essentially disable it?
    09-10-12 12:36 PM
    Useless, yes.

Not sure if changing permissions to deny will be as effective as removing it completely. Your best bet would be to edit the file in notepad so you can uninstall it from your device.

Or if you plan on updating your OS anytime soon. Just delete the file once you install the OS to your PC, prior to installing it on your device.
    09-10-12 12:52 PM
    I am considering updating my OS, not 100% if I am going to, though.

It appears changing all of the permissions to "deny" worked. Battery life seems to be back to normal.

I took a screen shot of the abnormal drain it was causing (see the first image below, dated 2012-09-10)

In the second screen shot, you can see the abnormal drain continues. This is with little to no usage of the phone. You can see at about 0815 hours, I did a battery pull. It did not resolve the issue. Then about 1100 hours, I changed all of the permissions to "deny" and had to do a restart. Everything seemed to go back to normal

I will keep watch for a few days and post a follow up.
    Last edited by C00TS; 09-11-12 at 03:01 PM.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-11-12 07:40 AM
    Well, it's been a few days since I changed all the permissions to deny.
    Battery life seems MUCH improved. I would recommend that everyone change all permissions to deny (or delete the program entirely).

Referring to the attached screen shots:
    -The pic dated 9/07-9/08 is a typical day of usage before this problem occured, without permissions changed to deny.
    -the pics dated 9/11-12 and 9/12-13 is typical-moderate usage after the permissions were changed to deny. It seems like I get a broader discharge rate after the change and that my battery level is approximately 10% higher at the end of the day when compared before the change.
    Last edited by C00TS; 10-02-12 at 12:41 PM.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-13-12 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD