if you use a camera you can see it much clearer
    Cameras are sensitive to IR. You can even see your TV remote if looking at it thru your camera.
    03-03-12 10:38 AM
    I had this issue on OS7.0 as soon as I upgraded too 7.1 it stopped.
    Hmmm. Strange. I upgraded to 7.1 and still have the issue. I first noticed it a few weeks after getting the phone (on a call). It just recently (in the last few months) became a problem. But as I type this from my BB Bold 9930 (Verizon) the proximity light is not blinking because I pulled the battery yesterday as suggested above and it worked.

Perhaps the hard reset done during the upgrade was like a battery pull and fixed the issue. I suspect it isn't fixed permanently (though for your sake I certainly wish that it is). Rather the 7.1 upgrade rebooted the phone and fixed the xonstant blinking. But whatever causes it to happen (I think it has something to do with touching the screen (mute, flash, etc... While on a call)... In any case, I still have the problem on 7.1 so unfortunately there has to be some bug somewhere else.
    03-03-12 10:39 AM
    I'm also having this problem, if I charge my 9900 Overnight, I will have a full battery. Put my phone in my pocket, without using it, 1 hour later I'm down to 80% batt. A couple short phone calls and txts, maybe 10-15 minutes of browsing and I have the 1 yellow bar. It's radio off around 5pm and handheld is forced off by 6ish. I've done the latest updates, etc. Just looked, my proximity sensor is ALWAYS blinking as well. After a battery pull like mentioned it will stop, and I can get 2 full days of use on 1 charge with light use.
    05-11-12 10:21 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD