My Bold 9930 has this problem:

Back button doesn't work properly. When using it, it brings me to some icons; mail, browser, home, etc. I pull the battery and it fixes it for a short time, but does it again. I lock the phone, but that too is a temp fix. Verizon cannot help me. I want to keep the phone, but this is soooo annoying! Anyone else have probs, or should I return it?
    08-26-11 05:46 PM
    Update to a newer leaked OS, which will fix it.

7.0.0.353 for example
    josh3326 likes this.
    08-26-11 05:53 PM
    My Bold 9930 has this problem:

Back button doesn't work properly. When using it, it brings me to some icons; mail, browser, home, etc. I pull the battery and it fixes it for a short time, but does it again. I lock the phone, but that too is a temp fix. Verizon cannot help me. I want to keep the phone, but this is soooo annoying! Anyone else have probs, or should I return it?
    Josh... This is not a dig on the advice you receiced to DL to a leaked OS because that is not always the anser. You just bought the phone and it seems like it might be a hardware problem so I would take it back to VZW while you can, let them verify the complaint and issue and let them give you a new device. At least this way for future you are letting the carrier document a legit complaint you know what I mean so don't put a bandaid over a big cut and then you have recourse if your problem persists.

Going to a leaked OS the carrier is going to give you a hard time in the future if you have to take it back at some other time.
    08-26-11 06:11 PM
    It's not a hardware problem.... They are going to swap out your device for another one with identical software that will have the same problem, for nothing.

Workaround for BlackBerry Bold 9900 & 9930 Back Button App Switcher Bug - BerryReview
    08-26-11 06:14 PM
    Jaguarr, it is a software problem. To the op if you click the sleep/wake button a couple of times it should fix it. Mine had the same problem too. To get rid of it completely you could download the leaked os. I'm personally waiting for an official os from my carrier and my advice would be to do the same if my fix works. Pressing a button 2 times isn't that mutch of a incovience. Hopes this helps.
    08-26-11 06:35 PM
    Jaguarr, it is a software problem. To the op if you click the sleep/wake button a couple of times it should fix it. Mine had the same problem too. To get rid of it completely you could download the leaked os. I'm personally waiting for an official os from my carrier and my advice would be to do the same if my fix works. Pressing a button 2 times isn't that mutch of a incovience. Hopes this helps.
    I am not disputing anything here software or hardware but people are way to fast to suggest to install of all things... A leaked OS and I just don't beleive in doing itthat fast. THe button hitting it a couple times I have no problem with at all but why not document it with the carrier for future warranty issues and wait and see if VZW comes out with it's own official OS first.

Too many people have too many problems with leaked OSs and wonder why they have future problems or exchange problems with the carrier once the restore it back to factory. Just my own opinion and lastly...What makes you think or say that fast that it is a software issue?
    08-26-11 06:45 PM
    This has been answered 3 times already. Do a search first.
    08-26-11 06:50 PM
    I stated it was a software issue because it's a known software issue. The fact that's a known issue with a known fix implies that it's, known...

Too many people have problems with official OSes... Way more than people who have problems with leaked OSes. Why?
    1) Because most people don't run leaked OSes.
    2) Official OSes still release with various minor or major bugs all the time.

The only thing you are guaranteed by an official OS is that there will be less releases and they will generally take far longer to release. The carrier approval process doesn't do squat.

<insert beating dead horse here>
    08-26-11 06:57 PM
    As I mentioned before, the lock-sleep-wake button is a temp fix. I have done some research and this is a widespread problem. I am not going to return the phone, I will just keep it as I don't have the time. Widespread problems usually get fixed quick.

Thanks for the help! I am looking into the leaked OS.
    Last edited by josh3326; 08-26-11 at 07:01 PM.
    08-26-11 06:59 PM
    Jaguarr sorry. I never said that he should download a leaked os. I actually advised him to wait for a official one if you looked at my post. I misread you or you misread me, it doesn't matter. lets juts forget about it.

As for knowing it was a software problem I read it somewhere. I'll try to post a link.
    08-26-11 07:00 PM
    As I mentioned before, the lock-sleep-wake button is a temp fix. I have done some research and this is a widespread problem. I am not going to return the phone, I will just keep it as I don't have the time. Widespread problems usually get fixed quick.
    Best of luck to you and by no means was I telling you to "RETURN" the phone but exchanging it to see if you get one trouble free and at the same time documenting your problem with VZW for the future, a very simple thing to do and I hope you decide to do this. If not you are right an official carrier OS release whenever it is released will most of the time resolve these problems. Good luck no matter what you decide and let us all know what happens.
    08-26-11 07:03 PM
    I ordered my 9930 the same day Verizon released them on the web (15th). It had been fine until a few days ago. I started noticing several bugs which the back button was one of them. I too contemplated whether to return the device, wait for an official download, or try the new leak .353. I have been using a Blackberry for 5 years now and have never downloaded a leaked o/s. I always waited for the official release.

I have read several stories as to where someone returned their device for a new one and received one a little worse or with a different problem. I made the decision to try the leaked version. So far, this version is showing no bugs that I know of or at least have found. To me, it is way better than the o/s that came with the phone.

Now, not only do I have a phone that is better than before, I feel like a bad a$$ for living on the wild side.

My 2 cents
    grav and swalker2001 like this.
    08-26-11 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD