My warranty is still in effect but I did have a couple antenna stickers for improving a phones signal I never used and applied one to my back cover and it worked nicely. I will check mine after my warranty is up though! Interesting find and thanks for the information. Although in ending I didnt have weak wifi or mobile connection problems I like to improve my phones capabilities.
    11-06-12 11:50 AM
    My warranty is still in effect but I did have a couple antenna stickers for improving a phones signal I never used and applied one to my back cover and it worked nicely. I will check mine after my warranty is up though! Interesting find and thanks for the information. Although in ending I didnt have weak wifi or mobile connection problems I like to improve my phones capabilities.
    Do those stickers work at all? And where do you put them given that that actual WiFi antenna is on the right side head the volume buttons.
    11-10-12 05:09 PM
    Do those stickers work at all? And where do you put them..
    No they don't... put them in the garbage.
    11-10-12 05:26 PM
    No they don't... put them in the garbage.
    Excellent lol
    11-10-12 05:38 PM
    Actually they do work. I tried one I have been using it for over a week. I have around 30-50% signal strength improvement. I put the sticker on the inside of the battery cover. It has copper strips which do the job of improving signal strength. Before that I changed the channel my router was transmitting on and that did help as well. Now I mostly get full signal bars in all areas of my house and I have noticed and difference when on the go and using public wifi.
    11-13-12 02:21 AM
    I took mine apart to clean some Blackberry Jelly (no lie) out of the headphone jack. It was the easiest tear down and assembly I have ever seen on any phone.Just sit in front of the computer, watch the dis-assembly video and go one step at a time pausing the video as you go.The 9000 and 9900 are the best 2 to work on because they don't have that snap together crap housing.The headphone module popped right out, I washed it in the sink, used a hair dryer, and put it back together.One simple warning so you are aware and don't forget:You will need to remove 3 sets of screws. Each set will have 2 screws. DO NOT MIX-UP THE SCREWS!Keep each set separate and remember what order they came out so you can put them back in the correct places.Sets 1-2-3
    11-13-12 03:09 AM
    i had read this thread a while ago and thought - come on that cannot work - well i eat my words - it does - my 9900 is/was very poor on wifi - poor is an exaggeration - it was awful - but as said i had thought this cannot work - my logic being if i had any wifi [which i had] then the contacts must be made and how would something out of line cause a problem - its only a sticker

anyway i bought a second 9900 that was much better on wifi but has a camera fault so i opened it to have a look and noted the wifi aerial was perfectly aligned - so all was well there - this prompted me to open the original 9900 and the aerial sticker was out of line - so nothing ventured - nothing gained - i [VERY] carefully peeled the sticker back and put it back correctly

AND IT WORKS - wifi is now better than the one i thought was perfect - how it affects the signal i have no idea but it does - stripping the 9900 is easy - there are excellent youtube videos - no connectors have to be touched - the back comes off easily - the only health warning is remove the wifi sticker slowly and carefully - do that and you should/could have perfect wifi
    11-17-12 06:39 AM
    i had read this thread a while ago and thought - come on that cannot work - well i eat my words - it does - my 9900 is/was very poor on wifi - poor is an exaggeration - it was awful - but as said i had thought this cannot work - my logic being if i had any wifi [which i had] then the contacts must be made and how would something out of line cause a problem - its only a sticker

anyway i bought a second 9900 that was much better on wifi but has a camera fault so i opened it to have a look and noted the wifi aerial was perfectly aligned - so all was well there - this prompted me to open the original 9900 and the aerial sticker was out of line - so nothing ventured - nothing gained - i [VERY] carefully peeled the sticker back and put it back correctly

AND IT WORKS - wifi is now better than the one i thought was perfect - how it affects the signal i have no idea but it does - stripping the 9900 is easy - there are excellent youtube videos - no connectors have to be touched - the back comes off easily - the only health warning is remove the wifi sticker slowly and carefully - do that and you should/could have perfect wifi
    Yep
    And it works because there is a copper piece on the sticker that makes contact with the middle piece when the phone is properly put together. If the alignment isn't near perfect you get a poor electrical connection and very poor WiFi signal.
    11-17-12 05:39 PM
    My wifi was because I can't move my router. Part of the wifi signal is from a router. To improve
    My signal which was 3 bars to 5 is easy. Changed wifi channels for both 2ghz and 5ghz networks. Also there is a cheap and easy fix
    I used. My router is in an office in the corner of my basement. So I took a piece of cardboard and taped
    Foil wrap to it. (Reynolds wrap I used) shiny side out! I then bent the cardboard panel because the router is in a corner and it improved my wifi signal by about 30 percent. I find wifi signals being weak is mostly a router. I spent 150 dollars for a wifi
    And the signal is very strong outside my house.
    11-17-12 11:15 PM
    My wifi was because I can't move my router. Part of the wifi signal is from a router. To improve
    My signal which was 3 bars to 5 is easy. Changed wifi channels for both 2ghz and 5ghz networks. Also there is a cheap and easy fix
    I used. My router is in an office in the corner of my basement. So I took a piece of cardboard and taped
    Foil wrap to it. (Reynolds wrap I used) shiny side out! I then bent the cardboard panel because the router is in a corner and it improved my wifi signal by about 30 percent. I find wifi signals being weak is mostly a router. I spent 150 dollars for a wifi
    And the signal is very strong outside my house.
    Yes and some have a misaligned antennan sticker preventing the copper contact.
    11-18-12 12:38 AM
    So I just received my tools I ordered from eBay after viewing this thread....and SUCCESS! The sticker was definitely misaligned. While I'm not getting the strongest signal, the signal has significantly improved and I'm not dropping in and out constantly. I used to only have less than 1 "bar" (only that little circle) and I would constantly drop out of WiFi. I'm now hovering between 1 actual bar and 2 bars and I haven't dropped out since.

It is somewhat nerve-wracking doing this. But as a total beginner who was first nervous to even remove the battery cover, this fix is DEFINITELY recommended to anyone and everyone. Much thanks to inthemix. Just follow the video tutorials on removing taking apart the phone on YouTube and work slowly. For anyone who is slightly confused, those 2 copper strips you do NOT touch. You remove the WHOLE green sticker, which contains the 2 copper strips - which is much easier than what I originally thought I had to do, which was to peel apart the 2 copper stickers and reattach. Highly recommended for anyone still skeptical or nervous about their WiFi issues.
    11-19-12 09:13 PM
    Excellent, glad it worked out for you

So strange that many stickers are improperly aligned....

Oh well
    11-20-12 01:25 AM
    I have just carried this fix out. It is very easy to do and works. My wifi signal has increased greatly, many thanks to the OP
    11-30-12 02:31 PM
    I have just carried this fix out. It is very easy to do and works. My wifi signal has increased greatly, many thanks to the OP
    No problem, wonder why so many stickers are not aligned properly and if the issue can happen in other phones.
    12-01-12 05:09 PM
    I found this thread while trying to figure out why my wifi signal wasn't doing so great. I was afraid for a while to take my 9930 apart, but tonight i took the plunge and lo and behold, i had that sticker out of alignment. Wifi is so much better now.
    12-19-12 09:46 PM
    Yeah the difference is truly significant. I'm still amazed at the difference in signal I'm getting after this fix.
    12-19-12 10:21 PM
    Thanks for the instructions / photo's. Giving this a shot. With BB10 reserved and a bucket full of 9700's available - if i mess up I am covered.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    12-19-12 10:45 PM
    I was willing to do a video tutorial for you guys.. But goddammit, when I reassembled the phone the two black T5 screws stripped because I forgot I had already tightened them! My WiFi was working like a charm, however... Until my wife dropped it.. Its back to a crappy signal, so I'm guessing the antenna F-ed up again. Now I can't open the phone. Suggestions on those 2 T5s?
    12-19-12 10:54 PM
    Thanks for this. I JUST got off the phone with Rogers and ordered my SECOND replacement device (under warranty thankfully) for weak Wi-Fi signal. That makes two in a one-year period. If my warranty was expired, I would try this out without hesitation. Come to think of it, when I get my replacement device, I'm sure this will happen again, so I will make note of this procedure to fix it when the time comes.

Thanks!!!!!
    12-20-12 08:18 AM
    [QUOTE=PD in T-DOT;7793542]Thanks for the instructions / photo's. Giving this a shot. With BB10 reserved and a bucket full of 9700's available - if i mess up I am covered.

Quick update...success! followed on-line instructions to disassemble the bold 9900. As the op suggested, my green wifi antenna was un-hinged from one of the posts on the housing and off several degrees (sliding up the housing wall). Carefully lifted the green antenna completely and re-aligned by using the two guide posts and finger pressed securely. Followed the on-line instructions for re-assembly in reverse, loaded the SD, SIM and battery and everything turned on perfectly. Signal strength at max. Prior to the fix I was getting 2 bars in my office, now its max. Thanks for the great info! One additional tip, use a magnetic Torx screw driver. I bought mine from the local hardware and it was not magnetic. It was tough getting the little screws back in wobbling of the tip of the driver.
    12-23-12 02:35 PM
    Inthemix, thank you for this very constructive thread. At present I don't have a problem but I have tucked away your information on the fix.
    Thanks again
    12-24-12 03:01 AM
    i took mine apart only to find the sticker is properly aligned.....poor wifi signal still exists....oh well..
    12-25-12 05:24 PM
    Is there a way to tell if this was done, as far as warranty? I know if there is water damage there is a white sticker that changes color. Is there a way to check if the case has been taken apart?
    01-03-13 02:09 PM
    Is there a way to tell if this was done, as far as warranty? I know if there is water damage there is a white sticker that changes color. Is there a way to check if the case has been taken apart?
    You can always tell if the phone hhas been taken apart before by checking the white sticker that is on top of the two screws below the keyboard that hold the keyboard in.
    You peel back the plastic piece below and near the space key. Its the part that has carrier branding on it.

Anyways
    Glad its worked out for so many of you, I love these fixes that are consistant.
    01-05-13 07:48 PM
    That is strange, could be something else.. its all circuitry lol if its loose somewhere then you don't get proper power delivered to components elsewhere. Did you check the other antenna stickers directly above it?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-05-13 08:37 PM
100 1234