Hi all,

I have the following problem: my bold 9900 renders irresponsive after a 'long' call (over 10 mins) or when I hold it in the sun for a bit. What happens is that both the keyboard and the touchscreen stop working. Sometimes it seems that the 'n' and 'm' keys get stuck since when I try to type, the only thing that appears on the screen are 'nmnmnmnmnm'.

Usually this issue goes away after I leave the phone unused for 10-15 mins after which I start using the phone as normal again.

Also, I used meterbattery to check the temperature of the batter which is about 30 degrees Celcius, which is normal I think.

so I wonder does anyone else have this issue?
    02-20-12 10:57 PM
    First of all, the touch pad will malfunction under direct sunlight due to UV rays blocking the sensor. I posted about this before on a long thread.

This issue of keys keep tying the same letter over and over is a known issue. Most people here said they replaced their unit with a new one from their carrier. I think your phone may be defective. I do not have these unresponsive issues even after I was on a call for close to 30 min. Your proximity sensor may be malfunctioning because it is used to disable the touch screen when you take the phone close to your year.
    02-20-12 11:12 PM
    Many thanks for your very clear answer. you may be right that I have a defective unit. Exchanging it may be a bit of a challenge though, as I purchased the unit in Vietnam from someone who brought it in from Canada

I'll just have to learn to live with it I guess.
    02-21-12 01:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD