Assuming equal use (mostly texting/emails/phone calls), does the 9900 last longer than the iphone4s? Thanks.
    06-05-12 07:26 PM
    Nope.
    I just got my 9930 around 4, charged it up, & the battery is half empty already & it's only 7:30. & I haven't even activated it yet.

My iPhone is only at 73% & I took it off the charger at about 10 this morning.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-05-12 07:34 PM
    Update your 9900 to 7.1 and then talk. I had mine from 7AM until midnight with constant usage, low signal areas and then it died while my friend's iphone lasted him up until about 5 with the same or lower usage.
    06-05-12 07:52 PM
    Longest it's ever lasted was about a day and a half with good use. Mind you my 9930 is scheduled to turn off at night and wake up in the morning. Not sure if iPhones have that feature. Not bashing just curious.
    06-05-12 07:56 PM
    Assuming equal use (mostly texting/emails/phone calls), does the 9900 last longer than the iphone4s? Thanks.
    Yes, the 9900 if on a recent OS 7.1 will outlast an iPhone 4s. I just checked my 9900, which was last charged fifteen hours ago and still has 60% battery left. My wife on a 9810 and just switched from an iPhone 4s has about 65% battery left after a sixteen hour day. With her iPhone, she would need to charge during the day.
    Last edited by robsteve; 06-05-12 at 08:25 PM.
    06-05-12 08:19 PM
    They are really close to each other usually I don't see a whole of differance but in a couple ways. Web browsing the 9900 lasts longer. Phone calls probably swings to iphone. Low signal traveling and general standby iphone . If. You asked which one you could kill first web browsing the iphone plummets. But everyday use I get a little more out of the 9900 usually but not always. The both really aren't too differant both better than any android I have had yet. The biggest thing with the iphone is once the battery is worn down you can't pop another one in and yes I have wore 1 out
    06-05-12 08:23 PM
    Also - remember to turn off apps which run in the background.

Not sure how to do this on the 4S but on the 9900 you can check which apps are running (and close them) by pressing/holding the BB Menu button (and selecting the app or icon you want to close).

Note you'll remain with five base apps or icons (Home, Browser, Messages, Phone, BBM) which remain constant.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-05-12 08:45 PM
    Update your 9900 to 7.1 and then talk. I had mine from 7AM until midnight with constant usage, low signal areas and then it died while my friend's iphone lasted him up until about 5 with the same or lower usage.
    Mine came with 7.1 already installed. =|
    & it's draining horribly.
    06-05-12 08:58 PM
    for the people thats draining horribly, you need to set brightness to 10. use 7.1 OS and use battery saving mode always on.
    06-05-12 09:20 PM
    Yeah my iPhone has the best battery life out of any smart phone I have had

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    06-05-12 09:23 PM
    for the people thats draining horribly, you need to set brightness to 10. use 7.1 OS and use battery saving mode always on.
    I am on OS 7.1.0.318 and my battery life is excellent. I do have my brightness set to 10 with a 20 second backlight timeout, but I have battery saver disabled entirely. So, I don't think it is necessary to have that on all the time making your backlight auto dimmed. I think it is bright enough with the brightness set to 10, but find it way too dim with the backlight auto dimmed. I charge my phone every night, but probably could get at least a day and 1/2 out of it before having to charge if I wanted to. I just like to start every day with 100%.
    06-06-12 12:11 AM
    Mine came with 7.1 already installed. =|
    & it's draining horribly.
    Not all 7.1 OSes were/are created equally. Which 7.1 OS are you running? I would highly recommend 7.1.0.318 official from Docomo Japan. It is fast and smooth and great battery life. I also have not found it to have bugs that many of the other more recent 7.1 OSes have. However, it has also been my experience that you need to try several different ones until you find the one that works best for you, as I have read many posts about how a certain OS is wonderful/the best, only to find out it sucked for me. Also sometimes someone says an OS sucks for them, but it works great for me. It really depends on how you use your phone. Everyone gets different results.
    Last edited by crackheadberry666; 06-06-12 at 12:23 AM.
    06-06-12 12:17 AM
    Not all 7.1 OSes were/are created equally. Which 7.1 OS are you running? I would highly recommend 7.1.0.318 official from Docomo Japan. It is fast and smooth and great battery life. I also have not found it to have bugs that many of the other more recent 7.1 OSes have. However, it has also been my experience that you need to try several different ones until you find the one that works best for you, as I have read many posts about how a certain OS is wonderful/the best, only to find out it sucked for me. Also sometimes someone says an OS sucks for them, but it works great for me. It really depends on how you use your phone. Everyone gets different results.

I upgraded it to .267 about 3 hours ago. Its good so far, not draining as much as earlier.
    But its not activated with Sprint yet, only running on wifi so maybe thats why its draining so fast, the wifi.
    06-06-12 12:43 AM
    I am on .428 and i have great battery life. Brightness is down to 10, screen timeout/dim at shortest setting, and battery saving mode is on. but, i go all day with very heavy texting, regular email use, web usage and frequent fb/bb news/tapatalk usage.

Sent from my sexy 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-06-12 04:02 AM
    Its not really fair to compare the iPhone 4S battery with the 9900 is it?
    Replaceable tiny battery means its no contest, the 9900 has to win it every day of the week.
    Even if you assume they're basically comparable in terms of battery life, the fact that you can pop out and switch batteries on the move for another entire charge means it crushes the 4S in this regard, I would have thought.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    06-06-12 05:27 AM
    I just purchased a 4s for my son and after a few days coming from a incredible 2 he is noticing the poor battery life on the 4s. The battery threads have to be the largest of any forums today with all of the smart phones that have come out. Hopefully battery technology changes quickly so these threads can go away .
    06-06-12 05:34 AM
    My iPhone 4S wins this hands down. NEVER ran out of power on the average day with the iPhone. Most the time still have 65% at the end of the day where my 9900 would not make it thru the day without charging.
    06-06-12 05:35 AM
    My 4S has fantastic battery life better than any smartphone i have used including the bold.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-06-12 05:47 AM
    Honestly I'd go with the 4S. I have one and as long as I don't play games I'm all good. I leave it on my bedside table overnight and loose about 4-5% vs. My Bold killing it's battery. My iPhone doesn't get great battery life as I use it as just as an internet device and to use iOS apps and such on and my Bold as a communication tool only but they both get the same battery life to be honest. But 4S is better if you optimize it.
    06-06-12 06:04 AM
    My iPhone won't make it to the Metro at the end of the day without plugging in.
    My 9930 makes it into the evening.
    06-06-12 06:50 AM
    Pulled my iphone off the charger 2 hours ago and its saying its been off for 1 day 7 hours and has 8 hours 16 minutes of use. I talked on for less than a minute yesterday no texts or web. It counts the apps in the background and the email polling as use. Its a fake way to measure anything , its not accurate at all.
    06-06-12 06:58 AM
    I am on .342 and I get awesome baTtery life with heavy usage, easily getting through a full day with heavy usage, usually off the charger by 6 and back on around 11 at night and I never get in the red. When I had 4s, would be back on the charger by 1 or 2 when taking off at 6.
    06-06-12 07:40 AM
    I am a heavy user and have both 4s and bold. I take it off the charger at 530 every morning and if I use the bold it news charged at around 5 and the 4s would need a charge around 3.
    This is really a none issue as it depends on your settings and what you do with your phone. There aren't days when I need to charge either by noon because I have been on it too much.

As long as everyone wants to do more and more with their smartphones our battery time will keep going down. We just have to deal with it. I don't mind having gather around the house, office, card, company car, wife's car... Lol thank god for eBay though :-)

Sent using Tapatalk
    06-06-12 07:55 AM
    The definition of poor battery life... Getting scared that you will run out of juice before getting home.

Bold 9900 version 7.0 OS - Yes, i was scared.
    Bold 9900 version 7.1 (267) - Not scared anymore.
    iPhone 4S - Frightened. Might need to stop using it or bring a cable to the office.

Your experience may differ slightly...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-06-12 09:20 AM
    Its not really fair to compare the iPhone 4S battery with the 9900 is it?
    Replaceable tiny battery means its no contest, the 9900 has to win it every day of the week.
    Even if you assume they're basically comparable in terms of battery life, the fact that you can pop out and switch batteries on the move for another entire charge means it crushes the 4S in this regard, I would have thought.

No, lol. When talking about battery life its talking about from the time you remove the phone from the charger in to the time you get home.
    Not multiple batteries.
    The 4S will last all day where as the 9900/9930 won't.
    06-06-12 10:35 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD