- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
Bold 9900 Updated software on 102 Error without asking to backup
I am new on this forum and i appreciate what ever you guys are doing to help others. So below is the situation.
I got my 9900 stuck by an error 102 on booting which was to upgrade software and reset ETC, i attached BB with desktop manager and it asked me for updating software without any backup option or you can say it was giving only option to repair or update or cancel though few months back when i updated my phone software it was automatically asking\taking backup and later on restoring without any hurdle.
BB was updated and Desktop manager downloaded a lot of files and restarted phone like it was on factory settings. Its showing all pictures\videos but no email messages or contacts or any other settings data but its showing even logs and chat of BBM. If i am not wrong when you update software it always takes a temporary or hidden or partial backup like i did last time. I cant find it any where now and its a big big loss Please help me if i can get back any data of mails/sms or at least password keeper because i saved alot of details in there. Hope you guys understand my position...
- 01-08-13, 09:40 AM #2
Error 102 is basically a corrupted OS, so as a precaution nothing is backed when repairing this. What you had on the phone at that time is now gone.
Emails can obviously be retrieved from your web account, and other messages/settings can be restored from previous DM or Protect backups made. That's Phill with 2 L's ☺
- By light_soul45 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-14-12, 09:07 PM
- By smc425 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 1Last Post: 10-20-11, 06:27 PM
- By Milla in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 15Last Post: 01-21-09, 09:28 PM
- By bdogg in forum Mac UsersReplies: 2Last Post: 01-18-09, 04:08 PM
- By Super Loopy in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 20Last Post: 07-09-08, 10:05 PM