Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Bold 9900 updated, but lost all contacts

I plugged my 9900 into my computer and the updates started almost immediately. Joyed, I left it on my desk for about an hour, only to return to a factory fresh, fully reset Bold.
    I had about 300 numbers saved, now all of them are gone. Is there anything I can do (system restore type thing) to recover these? I don't need any other data or information recovered.

Thanks a bunch!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,018 Global Posts
    PIN
    pins tend to hurt you..

did you have blackberry protect setup? and also what do you mean by updates
    CrackBerry Abuser

Restore from your last backup - job done
    (9000 > 9800 > 9360 > 9900 > Z10 + PlayBook + shares)
    CrackBerry Genius

First off, DM doesn't just automatically start updating your device on its own when "you just plugged it in", it always asks first and makes you choose whether to update or cancel.

Now as to your problem:

If it was an update to the OS from DM(desktop manager), then there should be a backup. Try looking in mydocuments for a backup(usually a .bbb file), or just hook the device up to DM and press Device > Restore. This should give you the option to restore from the backup file DM created when doing upgrades(it will already be looking in the correct directory).
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10

If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    PIN
    Typing....

Blackberry Protect, backs up your phones, so you should be able to get your contacts back through that if you set it up