Hi,

I'm trying to connect my 9900 to my HDTV (Technika something-or-other) using the USB connection - to play music/share pictures etc on the TV. The TV has a source button which I've changed to USB, but the TV isn't picking up the phone. The phone does start to charge when plugged in though. Has anyone had the same problem, or is able to browse through their phone on their TV?

My old Nokia N79 worked fine with the TV. When the 9900 is plugged in it goes straight to charge, the option to select USB Drive, Charge Only etc doesn't come up.

Cheers.
    02-28-12 08:02 AM
    i am going to say its probably a communication issue, and your TV doesnt have BlackBerry drivers installed to do this transaction.

Nokia uses very generic drivers to maintain maximum compatibility

now I am just guessing here, so if anyone else knows a different reason, please chime in.
    02-28-12 08:54 AM
    If you just want to share files like pictures and videos, you can do that with any DLNA supported TV with the latest OS 7.1. I was able to watch a clip on my phone using PS3 this system.

Search carckberry for instructions on how to set it up. There is a blog post on this as well.
    02-28-12 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD