I have been noticing since i got this phone (Day it was released) if i set my phone down a little rough it turns off.

Specifically when the right side hits, my desk or console in my car it will shut down. It shuts like i did a battery pull. This is getting a little annoying.

I'm very careful with my phone, and know the normal limits of wear and tear. It's not like im dropping the phone, just not putting it down like its a baby.

Has anyone else had this kind of issue?

Im not sure its my phone specifically or if its a over all problem.

Thanks

B
    09-19-11 10:50 AM
    Mine gets tossed around all the time and I have never seen it happen. Dropped, sat on, you name it and nada.

Maybe take it in and have them check the battery contacts.
    09-19-11 10:52 AM
    ...once had a similar-ish problem w/ my 9000, a couple of times it slipped from my hand literally just inches from the table and then I had the ol' white screen of death appear. A battery pull got it back up and running the first time, the second time it didn't and having checked it all over I figured maybe it was the screen, and having ordered and installed a new one I found that it was all working fine again, and indeed never happened again if the phone ever took another knock. That old 9000 never turned itself off tho', so could well be the battery contacts.
    09-19-11 11:14 AM
    I haven't had a problem with the device shutting off because of being dropped or handled rough, but it has shut down at other times.

I do a full power down at night and plug my phone in over night. When I turn the device on in the morning, it will shut off after about 10-30 minutes and has to be turned on again. It will stay on after that.

Wonder if it has something to do with the Auto On/Off option? I have it set to automatically turn on at 7:00am and if I turn it on earlier, it seems like that is when the device will shut off on it's own. I have never verified it though.
    12-17-11 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD