August 31st, 2011

Price:
    $599.99 - Suggested Retail
    $299.99 - Two year contract with $50 mail in rebate

Specs:
    No Uma - Will be updated in the 4th quarter
    No Hotspot - Will be updated in the 4th quarter
    No NFC

Below are pictures of the Bold 9900 I purchased from T-Mobile - $350 before mail in rebate, $18 upgrade fee, and taxes = $397.99 with a two year contract extension.

Below are the Bold 9900 with the OEM Blackberry Hard Shell Case that I purchased from Verizon for $29.99 and a T-Mobile screen protector for $16.99.

I would definitely suggest the Blackberry OEM Hard Shell Case. It's very nice and will definitely protect the phone without it being too bulky. The back of the case has a similar carbon fiber feel to it just like the phone itself. The sides are protected but ports are all visible which makes it easy to charge are use your headphones. It is a tight fit, which I like.

4.5 out of 5 stars for me.

Below are before and after pictures of the OEM Blackberry Hard Shell Case -

Before the installation:

The case itself:

Installed:

If you have any questions regarding trouble shooting with an app or the device itself. Please feel free to ask about here and I or others will try our best to answer.
    Last edited by BBxpress; 08-31-11 at 10:20 PM.
    08-11-11 12:44 AM
    I haven't heard pricing for tmobile yet, however I did hear that at&t has taken over new device releases already for the merger and they are releasing it now in November 2011 so it doesn't compete with the torch release!

J/k! I hope they release it in August with a $200 upgrade fee!
    08-11-11 12:50 AM
    At first, I was like

Haha, but yeah. I hope so too. I will post more information as soon as I find out more about it. We also heard it's going to be $299.99 with a two year contract which I hope isn't right.
    08-11-11 12:55 AM
    Oh wow! That is $50 more than Sprint just released.
    08-11-11 12:59 AM
    I know, but it isn't confirmed yet. Wow, August 21st for Sprint?? Lucky! I want it before the 23rd! I need a new phone before school starts.
    08-11-11 01:13 AM
    i seriously just cant fork out more than 250 for this phone... if thats the cost at launch i may have to wait for a sale lol
    08-11-11 01:25 AM
    Ha, that was my plan as well. I am sure it will have a sale a couple weeks after release or so down the road. I'm sure we'll have a price confirmation in a week or so, as well as a release date.
    08-11-11 08:49 AM
    I really, really hope it has UMA. There's been a lot of speculation against it but no official confirmation yet... think you can find that out?
    08-11-11 09:09 AM
    I really hope it has UMA capability as well. It is very handy for me. I only will find an answer on the 18th according to the sales rep. unless people have more information about it on here. I can just only wait to find out more information.
    08-11-11 09:25 AM
    i have my upgrade ready for the phone.. im just waiting.. cant wait!!!
    08-11-11 10:09 AM
    I really hope it has UMA capability as well. It is very handy for me. I only will find an answer on the 18th according to the sales rep. unless people have more information about it on here. I can just only wait to find out more information.
    This is a point I'm watching as well, I think it won't have it at launch, but I am hopeful that this will be a feature that they add back in with a software update. Honestly missing that feature will keep me on my 9700 a bit longer, and there's no excuse to be going backwards feature wise on a phone that's still based off the same core OS as the one I'm using. (OS7 is not drastically different from OS6)

When I'm out of range with T-Mobile I can just fire up my Verizon MiFi and make a call over UMA, works great in a pinch! And I need my device to be a phone above and beyond all, I don't want to take a step backwards with this.

Anxiously awaiting what you find out over the next week or two!
    08-11-11 10:23 AM
    Im thinking that if ATT is really going to hold out on releasing the 9900 till November, i will just go ahead and make the Move to Sprint, i can get unlimited data, discounts for bringing my number over, ive been with ATT since 2002 (cingular) and it just seems they dont care about the customer anymore... though i will wait a few weeks after launch of Sprint to see what ATT does
    Maloy likes this.
    08-11-11 10:27 AM
    This is a point I'm watching as well, I think it won't have it at launch, but I am hopeful that this will be a feature that they add back in with a software update. Honestly missing that feature will keep me on my 9700 a bit longer, and there's no excuse to be going backwards feature wise on a phone that's still based off the same core OS as the one I'm using. (OS7 is not drastically different from OS6)

When I'm out of range with T-Mobile I can just fire up my Verizon MiFi and make a call over UMA, works great in a pinch! And I need my device to be a phone above and beyond all, I don't want to take a step backwards with this.

Anxiously awaiting what you find out over the next week or two!
    Yeah, that's what my thought was too. I definitely agree with you there. I, however, am already under a two year contract until 2013 but I qualify for an upgrade, even if I didn't like the phone, I am still going to get it. Why not? I am already under a two year contract, so might as well upgrade.

As far as the information, I will post as soon as I hear more about it.
    08-11-11 10:40 AM
    That's the question we all want answered. If there is no UMA on any of these os7 devices, I'm keeping my 9700 until it dies, then buying an unlocked 9780 or 9800 to use on TMO. I would even revert back to either old faithful, (my unlocked 8320) or even to the my abomination device (my cursed 6th 8900 which still lives on) before getting a device without UMA... That feature is worth more than anything else to me and I won't compromise on that.
    08-11-11 10:59 AM
    I just got off the phone with tmobile bb support and he said they have been training on it all week. I'm waiting on him to call me back for a email issue. I am going to ask about hotspot and or uma. Anything else I should ask?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BBxpress, coronaBold and Omar20v like this.
    08-11-11 11:38 AM
    I sure hope it comes with UMA, but not a chance im going to pay 250 for it lol 199 with a 2-years contract and im completely sold (:
    08-11-11 11:44 AM
    I just got off the phone with tmobile bb support and he said they have been training on it all week. I'm waiting on him to call me back for a email issue. I am going to ask about hotspot and or uma. Anything else I should ask?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's nice. The rep I spoke with said they will go in for training on the 17th and was nice enough to tell me to come back on the 18th and she will tell me everything i'd like to know.

As far as questions, I believe UMA, hotspot, and price are the main concerns. If you can get any information sooner than I can, it would be great for all of us.
    08-11-11 12:17 PM
    If i remember correctly the leaked document showed a release date of 8/30 or 8/31.
    08-11-11 12:21 PM
    It was August 31st. However, it isn't confirmed yet.
    08-11-11 12:34 PM
    Lack of UMA would be a deal breaker for me. It's one of the main reasons I stay with my BB instead of going back to Android.
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-11-11 12:36 PM
    Sitting here reading through almost all the threads of people and their new 9900/9930s makes me anxious to get a hand on mines.

Where on earth are you at T-Mobile??
    08-12-11 03:13 AM
    If no UMA no 9900 or 9860 for me. I only get signal at home with UMA.
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-12-11 05:40 AM
    That's weird. I have absolutely NO signal in my house either. As soon as I step outside the door, BAM. I get full bars.

UMA and possibly hotspot will do for me. *Crosses fingers*
    08-12-11 05:46 AM
    That's weird. I have absolutely NO signal in my house either. As soon as I step outside the door, BAM. I get full bars.
    Sounds like my office :-) Well, except I get full bars when I'm standing in a window office, and am constantly on the verge of loss-of-signal in my office. (which is <10ft away from the window)

Though its not the sort of weak signal that runs down my battery, thankfully. (Unlike a friend's house, where I have to pretty much disable my phone radio or I'll run the battery down to near-dead over the course of a simple dinner party evening.)
    08-12-11 06:32 AM

UMA and possibly hotspot will do for me. *Crosses fingers*
    Sounds like me although I can get something resembling a signal which goes up and down depending on where I stand. There's just no excuse for that either. My town sits right between two major cities and the coverage map indicates it covers the whole town yet there are holes in coverage big enough to drive a truck thru (HUGE truck) and T-Mobile has yet to fix it even though I have reported it many times over the years and they always tell me they will check it out. Yah.... and the check's in the mail. Anyway, just glad to have UMA
    08-12-11 01:57 PM
509 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD