In an Apple/Android dominated world, it's a surprise that anyone opts to use BlackBerry these days. Before any fellow poster would skip below to post a quick comment, I have to say this was not MY Bold device that was sold, but rather my wife's device. I added a personal account line (Have a company iPhone 4S) just to have the Bold 9900. I discovered BBM and am now apart of 2 very talkative groups and have found 20+ contacts to chat with on a daily basis. I converted my wife over to the BlackBerry Bold 9900 towards the end of summer. She gave it a go. She loved the keyboard and loved BBM, but hated the camera, lack of Instagram and other quality apps and hated the lack of a front facing camera for video chat. I kept to my promise and said if she didn't like it, I would sell the Bold and buy her a used iPhone 4S/5.

Just a shame to see her go. Good news? She has agreed NOT to use her upgrade until BB10 comes out. Here's to hoping she comes back to the N series!
    11-07-12 11:48 AM
    I have to admit, apps seem to have a way of causing us as humans to switch devices\OS. I'm rather annoyed that some app developers don't and will not develop certain apps for BlackBerry. While I understand the cost involved and the financial benefits long term, I still don't like the fact that BlackBerry is often the last OS, if ever, to have an app created for it...
    jweihrauch likes this.
    11-07-12 02:47 PM
    Personal 9900 and company iPhone 4S? Isn't it usually the other way around? Haha
    jweihrauch likes this.
    11-07-12 04:17 PM
    Too bad Jake! Hope she comes back
    jweihrauch likes this.
    11-07-12 05:16 PM
    Buy her a PlayBook, I heard they are pretty cheap these days. Then you can video chat with her all the time!
    jweihrauch likes this.
    11-07-12 05:53 PM
    It used to be the other way around smh, I'm frustrated a bit with this question "so what's your instagram username"?
    jweihrauch likes this.
    11-07-12 09:48 PM
    @jweihrauch I just switched back to a Bold 9930 from an iPhone 5 and am surprised that I went a year with such a crappy camera with a Bold 9900. But I need more functionality out of my phone and iPhone is just an iPod Touch that can make low quality phone calls. I hope I won't have to wait too long before I can get a quality camera from the N Series. I also hope that the N Series can sell your wife on coming back, because I believe that it's those type of consumers that they are missing out on. Thank you for sharing.
    jweihrauch likes this.
    11-07-12 10:53 PM
    Personal 9900 and company iPhone 4S? Isn't it usually the other way around? Haha
    Lol, yes it is. However the same thing counts for myself: Blackberry Bold 9900 is the personal phone, while a Nokia X7 is the work phone.

In any case, your wife was open to try something different. So if she likes videochat and (for whatever reason) is into the instagram hype, she had to give this stuff up on the 9900. I'd wait till next year and show her a BB10 device if you want her back on the RIM boat.
    jweihrauch likes this.
    11-07-12 10:58 PM
    I have a personal 9900 and a company issued iPhone 4... boss is an Apple fan (even my laptop is a Macbook Air), but as the hardened BB fan that I am, I have stuck with the 9900 as my personal phone.
    jweihrauch likes this.
    11-08-12 02:07 AM
    Thanks everyone for the responses. My wife puts up with my tech obsessed self, even to the point of giving up her iPhone 4S for the Bold 9900. She at least tried it but I even admitted iOS seems like a better fit for her. Here's to hoping BB10 is everything it's cracked up to be.
    11-08-12 03:40 PM
    Yes. Typically. In fact, my company phone was a Bold 9900 at first. However, they made me send it back to the corporate office. We've switched to Apple on everything except laptops (Wish we would use MacBook Pros). Tablets/Phones are now iOS or Android. We work in healthcare. You think they would care about security.
    11-08-12 03:41 PM
    Buy her a PlayBook, I heard they are pretty cheap these days. Then you can video chat with her all the time!
    Don't worry. I offered. She said, "I'm fine with the iPad 3."
    11-08-12 03:42 PM
    I thought you were selling it? Or was that plan ruined....hahah
    11-08-12 05:53 PM
    No loss to Rim, you sold it which means somebody bought it and gonna use it
    11-09-12 01:37 AM
    I have to admit, apps seem to have a way of causing us as humans to switch devices\OS. I'm rather annoyed that some app developers don't and will not develop certain apps for BlackBerry. While I understand the cost involved and the financial benefits long term, I still don't like the fact that BlackBerry is often the last OS, if ever, to have an app created for it...
    Fortunately, here in India, most of them 'need' to have a BB app and an Android app. IOS is optional.
    11-09-12 03:08 AM