My 3 days old BB 9900 is facing dropped calls and loss of signal, did anyone face this issue before? what is the solution? should I update my software ( I'm using 7.0.0.296 ) or do you have another suggestion?
    12-13-11 01:14 AM
    Yea it's my new 9900 white, I tried now the old fashion way, and I'm going to update my software later, I'm not sure why it's doing it, but yest this morning it took me 5 phone calls to finish my conversation, and last night my signal was going on and of on sos mode
    12-13-11 01:39 AM
    My fiance's 9900 has a some sort of similar issue with her phone.

She loses her BB signal/icon from time to time but does not lose her mobile signal. Meaning, she can still send and receive calls and sms but cannot receive/send BBMs and emails.

After going at it, I found out that a battery pull helps and everything goes back to normal. However, after 3 to 4 days, the problem comes back and it would require another battery pull.

Any idea whats causing it and what could be its permanent solution
    01-25-12 06:02 AM
    My fiance's 9900 has a some sort of similar issue with her phone.

She loses her BB signal/icon from time to time but does not lose her mobile signal. Meaning, she can still send and receive calls and sms but cannot receive/send BBMs and emails.

After going at it, I found out that a battery pull helps and everything goes back to normal. However, after 3 to 4 days, the problem comes back and it would require another battery pull.

Any idea whats causing it and what could be its permanent solution
    Update to a later version of the device software. If that doesn't help, then I recommend calling your carrier, as it could be an issue on their end.
    01-25-12 03:40 PM
    Update to a later version of the device software. If that doesn't help, then I recommend calling your carrier, as it could be an issue on their end.
    Yup, was planning to do that. Prolly this Saturday. Keep you guys posted.
    01-26-12 03:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD