Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. rixbb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Bold 9900 screen light sensor ON/OFF option ?

    Im facing a problem with my new bold 9900. I'm dont know how to turn off the automatic screen dim-light sensor. Any idea guys how to solve this issue ??
    Thanked by:
    dingaling666 (11-29-2011) 
  2. barrist's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,229 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,233 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    options - display - screen display - uncheck "Automatically Dim Backlight"
    Thanked by:
    dingaling666 (11-29-2011) 
  3. badger906's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    429 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    In display options just untick auto dim display

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
  4. rixbb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    thanks for ur sugestions guys, i know how to turn the automatic dim-backlight off, i wana know how to turn the light sensor off..its irritating when am in a bright environment and the screen light goes off..can we solve this issue ?
  5. Milliebear's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    hi, i got my bold 9900 2 wks back and experienced the same problem. Initially i thought that the phone was faulty until i googled and chanced upon this thread. Have searched thru the whole phone but I cant seem to find a setting to tackle this. I must say that it is quite frustrating.

    As a last resort, I pasted a sticker over the 'dot' i.e. the light sensor thru trial and error and it worked! You will see 2 'dots' at the top right hand corner of the phone. Cover the one on the right. I guess it is a quick fix method.

    Choose a sticker of a lighter colour and you will still be able to see the LED light blinking red for notifications.

    hope this helps
  6. Spawn12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,493 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,495 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milliebear View Post
    hi, i got my bold 9900 2 wks back and experienced the same problem. Initially i thought that the phone was faulty until i googled and chanced upon this thread. Have searched thru the whole phone but I cant seem to find a setting to tackle this. I must say that it is quite frustrating.

    As a last resort, I pasted a sticker over the 'dot' i.e. the light sensor thru trial and error and it worked! You will see 2 'dots' at the top right hand corner of the phone. Cover the one on the right. I guess it is a quick fix method.

    Choose a sticker of a lighter colour and you will still be able to see the LED light blinking red for notifications.

    hope this helps
    And you do know that covering that dot will also cover the proximity sensor,w hich turns the screen off when your on a call and the phone is near your face or ear??.

    Interesting fix but cant see why you would do that...as said just adjust the backlight timeout to something longer.
  7. Milliebear's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn12 View Post
    And you do know that covering that dot will also cover the proximity sensor,w hich turns the screen off when your on a call and the phone is near your face or ear??.

    Interesting fix but cant see why you would do that...as said just adjust the backlight timeout to something longer.

    dont think adjusting the backlight timeout timing works, cos when i use the phone in bright environment, the sensor dims the backlight and cant be turned back on unless i 'shade' the phone in my handbag or move to somewhere with lesser light.

    And thanks for the info on the proximity sensor. I didnt know that it could affect the proximity sensor. However, out of curiosity, I just did a test on the proximity sensor. Even with the sticker, the proximity sensor still works; the screen does turn off when i receive a call also, i tried with my holster, it still works.
  8. Spawn12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,493 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,495 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milliebear View Post
    dont think adjusting the backlight timeout timing works, cos when i use the phone in bright environment, the sensor dims the backlight and cant be turned back on unless i 'shade' the phone in my handbag or move to somewhere with lesser light.

    And thanks for the info on the proximity sensor. I didnt know that it could affect the proximity sensor. However, out of curiosity, I just did a test on the proximity sensor. Even with the sticker, the proximity sensor still works; the screen does turn off when i receive a call also, i tried with my holster, it still works.
    Ahh ok if it works ie the proximity sensor then good fix i suppose. I dont really have an issue with the backlight timing out even in bright sunlight altho here in the UK we donbt get alot of sun as it is
  9. beans27's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #9  

    Default BB9900 backlight goes dim in sunlight

    hey ppl,

    i got my 9900 two weeks ago and i have a problem where whenever i use the phone in sunlight, the backlight goes dim and i cant see what i am typing or anything. basically, i cant see anything on the screen as the backlight goes off.

    this is extremely frustratingm especially when you need the phone in an emergency.
    can anyone confirm that this is not a faulty phone?
    also does anyone have a solution to this?
  10. beans27's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    I tried to search that but still cannot find a solution to this. Does anyone have a solution besides placing a sticker on the LED light? I find it quit ridiculous that you can't use your phone in the sunlight because the screen goes dim!

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  11. saady2s's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    My phone screen goes black when I dial a call. I cant see any option on the screen while call is in session unless I have the phone on speaker phone or bluetooth. Anybody can help me here? (phone bold 9900).
  12. ibyounes's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saady2s View Post
    My phone screen goes black when I dial a call. I cant see any option on the screen while call is in session unless I have the phone on speaker phone or bluetooth. Anybody can help me here? (phone bold 9900).
    I have been facing the exact same problem and it has been pissing me off ever since i got my 9900 last Sep., i just upgraded my fone to 7.1 and everything is ok and am not facing this problem anymore... so try to upgrade ur fone version
  13. Bishnu Pudasaini's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    hi i have blackberry 9900 bold that mobile some time automatic but last night i put in charge morning i just removed battry 2 time or 3 time after it is working around 2 hour after my mobile does't working so many time i removed battry iand i put back i have try many but some time the sensor working but mobile can't working please do you have any idea to fixed my self ?

Posting Permissions