Hiya all.

So, not sure how to explain this but'll do my best.

On any given screen, the cursor will scroll up and down but the screen does not move to follow. For example, on the "All" panel I can send my cursor down out of sight. I can then select apps but at no point does the screen move up/down to follow. Same in everything else. For example the cursor will go down out of sight on an email or BBM text history but the screen never moves. When setting up preferences for anything, I can send the cursor out of sight and select check boxes but will not see what I am doing as the screen has not moved. This is whether using touch screen or trackpad.

Notes: The phone was taken apart for a new screen install; logically we will be reviewing what may have happened there. Tried last three OS's, no change. Figuring it's gotta be hardware related but hard to get my head wrapped around how things could be working that way....?

Ideas thoughts opinions?

Take care.
    Tim.
    10-25-12 07:48 AM
    Hello again,

To add more information to my first post: When using the touch screen I can move the panel bar up/down and go side to side to select different panels. Also the trackpad works normally in those instances as well. In camera mode, the zooming works normally, trackpad and screen. Those are the only places I have found where the screen moves. It would seem then that the new LCD is not at fault.

The next thing I am going to try is reinstalling the OS with the battery removed. The fixit dude tells me this will completely remove a potentially corrupt system?

Ideas thoughts opinions?

Take care,
    Tim
    Last edited by tnc; 11-02-12 at 05:08 AM.
    10-25-12 10:21 PM
    So, in keeping with all the great suggestions received (!!!), I have done the following:

Downgraded to an earlier known working OS release on my computer. No change.
    Used BBSAK for complete wipe. Installed latest at that moment Rogers OS release. No change.
    Wiped phone using the onboard wipe app and then BBSAK. Installed the .746 os from UTS or whereever, downloaded from BB site. No change.

Next plan: Going to wipe anything and everything BB related from my computer, reinstall Desktop Manager, the now newly released Roger's version of .746, and install after wiping with BBSAK. The idea being that something is corrupted somewhere. The only consistency in all my attempts is computer software.

Sound like a plan? Anything else to think of?

Thanks to anyone who cares to contribute.

Tim
    11-02-12 05:05 AM
    try removing the screen and seeing if it is the exact same as your old one (the numbers should match) as different numbered screens wont work properly. also check that the contacts are clipped on properly and that they arent dirty (they can be cleaned with rubbing alcohol as it doesnt leave any residue and is safe for circuitry) but make sure to dry the phone for at least a day in a bag of uncooked rice without the battery
    11-02-12 09:15 AM
    Hi, my blackberry curve developed the same issue. And upon reading your thread where you mentioned the screen replacement it made me realize something. My screen recently also starting blanking out as in going just white. And i found if i press on the top left next to the blackberry text and ear piece, it came fine again. So when you mentioned that your screen was replaced i pressed there and it fixed itself.
    02-21-13 12:23 PM
    Hi,
    Did you ever get any resolution to this.
    It's happening to me on my Bold 9930 and its driving me crazy.
    It randomly starts and stops doing it makes using my phone a nightmare
    09-18-13 03:51 AM
    I had this same issue. It felt like a software issue because the touchscreen appeared to work perfectly otherwise. But it did start after I dropped it in the case.

Reading the posts from everyone else the software updates and rollbacks did not solve this problem--in fact my "administrator" at work has disabled my software update capabilities.

At any rate, the fix for me was pressing firmly with my fingers along all the edges of the screen. Then it began working perfectly again!

I hope this helps someone because my BB was essentially useless with this problem.

-Andy
    06-01-14 11:38 AM
    pressing screen firmly worked for me! Thank you for this solution
    03-29-15 12:56 AM