i know with the bold 9700 you have to have the right type of screen to replace it but is that the same case with the 9900, i want to convert a black 9900 to white and was wanting to know if i could just swap the glass or buy a whole new lcd
    07-04-12 01:24 PM
    i know with the bold 9700 you have to have the right type of screen to replace it but is that the same case with the 9900, i want to convert a black 9900 to white and was wanting to know if i could just swap the glass or buy a whole new lcd
    if you are just switching housings and using the lcd from the black 9900 to the white housing it shouldnt be a problem.. but adding a lcd from a white to a black 9900 wont work..
    MrNerdNet likes this.
    07-04-12 03:30 PM
    There are a few threads discussing conversion of black 99xx to white, and I know I've seen this discussed before in those threads. Just do a little searching (and then reading) and you'll find your answer, plus maybe some other useful tips for the job.

Good luck!
    07-04-12 03:59 PM
    You need a brand new LCD/Digitzer. There's like 4 versions of the LCD/ Digitzer and you find the version number under the LCD/Digitzer as in on the back of it so you have to dissemble the phone to do so. If you use the wrong model of the LCD/Digitzer, it just wont show a picture, thus you're out $70 bucks.

I've dissembled the phone, its easy as crap to do.
    MrNerdNet likes this.
    07-07-12 04:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD