Okay so just recently I bought a another bold 9900, its not brand new but works fine, i purchased it online its from ROGERS, since here in Australia there is no rogers i cant compare the phone to the other units, it makes me wonder if every 9900 from rogers got the two dots on the bottom part of the phone. I have compared it from 9900 on vodafone, optus, etc and any other 9900 that Australian network carriers have. Its nothing similar, so i wanna ask if there's any other 9900 users out there that has these exact same exterior of their 9900s?

BOLD 9900 from ROGERS-dsc00898.jpgBOLD 9900 from ROGERS-dsc00900.jpg
    11-24-12 04:08 AM
    Nope, not on mine. I would bet that whoever you bought it from, had it in a case that made those marks on it. Mine is clean and grippy rubber. Maybe, they replaced the housing on it. But, my black and my partner's white have no dots on them. Also, can you recommend a pay as you go sim while I am in Australia?
    11-24-12 09:02 AM
    No marks on mine either.

Charging dock or car holder maybe?
    11-24-12 09:49 AM
    No dots or marks on mine.
    11-24-12 10:07 AM
    Those dots are because someone took the phone apart and put the wrong screws back in.

The bottom has two screws for the keyboard they are size 3 but the LCD screws are size 5. So they put the size 5 into the size 3 hole.

This made the screws go through the back plastic because they were bigger than the size 3.

The screws are on the ffront of the phone right under the keyboard cover plastic piece that says Rogers on it. There is one on the left and one on the right in the exact spot that you have those two marks on.

People shouldnt take apart phones if they donto know how to put it back together.
    11-24-12 12:27 PM
    Those dots are because someone took the phone apart and put the wrong screws back in.

The bottom has two screws for the keyboard they are size 3 but the LCD screws are size 5. So they put the size 5 into the size 3 hole.

This made the screws go through the back plastic because they were bigger than the size 3.

The screws are on the ffront of the phone right under the keyboard cover plastic piece that says Rogers on it. There is one on the left and one on the right in the exact spot that you have those two marks on.

People shouldnt take apart phones if they donto know how to put it back together.
    What they said. the previous owner put the longer screws in the wrong place.
    Last edited by nd1983; 11-24-12 at 01:15 PM.
    11-24-12 01:03 PM
    Nope, not on mine. Bought mine at Rogers in Toronto
    11-24-12 03:51 PM
    okay I believe the first owner must've screwed it the wrong way. He sold it in a pretty cheap price because the camera wasn't working and I bought it because I thought I could just fix it by just reloading the OS but it didn't work. I checked the screws to make sure the warranty sticker still attached to the screw but it's gone so obviously it's been under disassemble before.

I've contacted RIM and reported the camera issue and they will put the phone through RMA service, now I'm wondering if having a software issue, if they see that the warranty sticker is no longer in one of the screw they will charge me for it or no because the problem doesn't have anything to do with the hardware, it's a software issue, I've done some research and some people are having trouble as well with starting the camera. It always says "could not start the camera, close some applications and try again"
    11-24-12 04:51 PM
    okay I believe the first owner must've screwed it the wrong way. He sold it in a pretty cheap price because the camera wasn't working and I bought it because I thought I could just fix it by just reloading the OS but it didn't work. I checked the screws to make sure the warranty sticker still attached to the screw but it's gone so obviously it's been under disassemble before.

I've contacted RIM and reported the camera issue and they will put the phone through RMA service, now I'm wondering if having a software issue, if they see that the warranty sticker is no longer in one of the screw they will charge me for it or no because the problem doesn't have anything to do with the hardware, it's a software issue, I've done some research and some people are having trouble as well with starting the camera. It always says "could not start the camera, close some applications and try again"
    If the warranty sticker is gone you will be charged, not to mention the wrong screws are in your keyboard holes.
    11-24-12 05:34 PM
    If the warranty sticker is gone you will be charged, not to mention the wrong screws are in your keyboard holes.
    just hoping it ain't gonna be that much
    11-24-12 05:43 PM
    just hoping it ain't gonna be that much
    Could be a couple of hundred dollars
    11-24-12 06:37 PM
    Could be a couple of hundred dollars
    It's probably gonna be more expensive than how much I paid for the phone itself
    11-25-12 03:09 AM
    It's probably gonna be more expensive than how much I paid for the phone itself
    Yep
    What did you say was wrong with it?
    11-25-12 09:50 AM
    Yep
    What did you say was wrong with it?
    it's just that when I try use the camera it's not working it says "could not start the camera. Close other applications and try again"

surely it has nothing to do with the phone's physical condition it's all in the software so I don't get it if they will charge me for it, but either way I just want it to get fixed. I only paid $150 for the phone when I bought it through negotiation and the seller said that the camera is the only problem and he couldn't be bothered getting it fixed so i bought it.
    11-25-12 06:05 PM