I never really felt compelled to write these feel good posts, but today I must share my re-appreciation for my Bold 9900.

I've had a Bold 9900 since mid September, and needless to say, I was ecstatic. What an amazing device. But as time went on and the more I used my phone, I started feeling blah about it. It did what I wanted it to do, but it was no iPhone with all their "fun" apps and gimmicks.

However, today I had a moment of shock and awe that really made me appreciate my phone. While listening to Pandora, I was able to minimize the app to read my email. I then responded to that email lightning quick,and even copied text from that email and sent it as a text message to another person. The kicker, all while the music continued. Mind blown! Yes, I did know this was possible for quite some time, but regardless of that, this was the first time I got to see it in action.
    I'm truly amazed at the multitasking ability this phone possesses.

I know BlackBerry isn't perfect for everyone, but it is in fact perfect for me and what I need it to do. This why I am a loyal blackberry user and cannot wait for the release of BB10. I believe in RIM and their ability to strike back.

Side note: I'm writing this post on my 9900 while walking to my college campus. A-MAZ-ING.
    04-24-12 12:15 PM
    Girlfriend's 9930 (Verizon) should arrive in the mail today (replacing Tour). I'll be jealous for a week or 2, using my 9800 waiting to upgrade to 9900 (ATT).

My excitement will be fresh - thanks for the good vibes on your renewed appreciation.

P.S. I think you need SugarSync, will help you keep things synced - phone, laptop, desktop. Link below! (tablet? you need a PlayBook too)
    04-24-12 12:23 PM
    I can picture the smile on your face when you were typing this threat. A guy walking through his college campus, starring at his phone, typing as fast as he can in that awesome QWERTY keyboard, and with a smile on his face from ear to ear.
    04-24-12 12:29 PM
    I can picture the smile on your face when you were typing this threat. A guy walking through his college campus, starring at his phone, typing as fast as he can in that awesome QWERTY keyboard, and with a smile on his face from ear to ear.
    You don't even need to stare at the phone.
    04-24-12 12:30 PM
    Girlfriend's 9930 (Verizon) should arrive in the mail today (replacing Tour). I'll be jealous for a week or 2, using my 9800 waiting to upgrade to 9900 (ATT).

My excitement will be fresh - thanks for the good vibes on your renewed appreciation.
    It's a helluva device. As I said, not totally perfect, but perfect for me! My best wishes that you and your girlfriend end up loving your new phones!

Hahahaa. That described me PERFECTLY!

Also true! I've mastered the art of typing without looking and walking!
    04-24-12 02:40 PM
    I've said it before, it is an amazing device!
    04-24-12 03:20 PM
    You right!
    04-24-12 07:23 PM
    The Bold is truly a great device with lots of potential. I just hope Rim makes a new bold like this one with bb 10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-24-12 07:49 PM
    The Bold is truly a great device with lots of potential. I just hope Rim makes a new bold like this one with bb 10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Exactly! Maybe with a slightly larger and wider screen to make better use of BB10.
    04-24-12 08:40 PM
    hopefully as well, it will have a trackpad. Touchscreens are a PITA for me when correcting long text. Especially with a small screen such as the Bold. Even on the playbook i find it a little annoying.
    04-24-12 11:30 PM
    Here are my thoughts about enlarging the screen:

How about we extend the screen all the way to the top (except for a little space for the ear speaker) and also all the way to the bottom (top of the keyboard). Make the BB and back keys onscreen just like Ice Cream Sandwich does on android. Thus we have a much larger screen without making a bulkier phone. And sorry I think this would have to delete the trackpad But these are just my random musings.
    04-24-12 11:39 PM
    What Blackberry's do best others have discovered, that other platforms either do poorly or not at all! Keep Rockin that Berry SAM!
    SAM18 likes this.
    04-24-12 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD