- 11-15-12, 05:55 PM #2
I would say the phone is defective. Probably where it connects to the battery. Tried replacing the phone? Defects like that are usually covered under warranty.Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.1.1151 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3442
- CrackBerry Master
11-16-12, 12:27 AM #4
- 1,153 Posts
Bold 9900 only works while on charge ?
Could be just a bad (or heavily used) battery. Have you tried a fresh one to see if that's the issue?
EDIT: sorry I missed that you had already tried another battery.
Then it sounds like a defective phone. Can you contact the seller to see if they would take it back or refund you your money? Hopefully it wasn't sold to you with the knowledge it was defective.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
- 11-16-12, 12:30 AM #5
Battery might not be getting good contact. Fold something like a thin piece of cardboard and wedge in the top gap to tighten the fit. Also examine the pins in the phone and the pads on the battery. make sure the pins are level and straight and that the pads on the battery are clean. If not lightly scrape the pads with an edge of a knife tip to clean and expose the bare metal. Lightly.
- By Wees in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 4Last Post: 01-26-12, 03:49 AM
- By dm4nn in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 4Last Post: 02-17-11, 03:25 PM
- By rm215 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 2Last Post: 06-08-09, 06:16 PM
- By Primate in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 9Last Post: 12-05-08, 10:34 PM
- By p_vallenilla in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 7Last Post: 07-29-08, 02:50 PM