I have been using the same memory card in my blackberry for getting on for two years, this is the second blackberry that I've used the media card in and it's been fine since getting the phone almost a month ago. All of a sudden after plugging it into the computer it say it does not support the media card that I am using. I am using a SanDisk 4GB memory card which has been compatible in my Curve 8520 which I had for 2 years and this Bold 9900 up until tonight. Anyone had the same issue and found a fix? A response would be appreciated.
    You can directly email me at [email protected]. Thanks.
    12-16-12 05:07 PM
    I have been using the same memory card in my blackberry for getting on for two years, this is the second blackberry that I've used the media card in and it's been fine since getting the phone almost a month ago. All of a sudden after plugging it into the computer it say it does not support the media card that I am using. I am using a SanDisk 4GB memory card which has been compatible in my Curve 8520 which I had for 2 years and this Bold 9900 up until tonight. Anyone had the same issue and found a fix? A response would be appreciated.
    You can directly email me at [email protected]. Thanks.
    Did you format it? The phone only accepts FAT32 as a format, unless I'm mistaken. Just pop it back into the phone and format it from within. You'll lose any data that you don't backup so I suggest you do that before putting it back into the phone.
    12-17-12 09:58 AM
    You didn't say whether the SD is stilll working in the phone, or whether you were trying using an adapter, or directly from a USB connection via the phone.
    12-17-12 11:24 AM
    I've had exactly the same problem..can't seem to find a resolution
    12-17-12 04:52 PM
    same problem...and i cant even reformat the card either ive been using this 8gb card in my past 3 blackberries. no resolution either
    12-17-12 05:02 PM
    Sometimes these cards die. I had one that had been written to one too many times and it just wouldn't work anymore ... couldn't format, couldn't access. Tried it on multiple devices and the result was the same.
    12-17-12 05:11 PM
    Well im in the same position as the original poster but..basically my card worked for like first time i used the device, then just stopped working after a battery pull. I thought like rubebrchicken76 said it had just died..but then i put it into a pc..it worked..so decided to get a new microsd..surprise surprise this one doesn't work either..and the microsd i got came with an adaptor so thought i'd see if the old one worked..worked fine..so basically it's my device isn't 'seeing' the memory card..tried a reformat too in fat32..no luck with either card..which sucks..i even tried both memory cards on another bb and another device..both work fine just not 9900
    12-17-12 05:16 PM
    OS7 does have an issue, where every other boot (approximately), it will not see the SD. Another boot or just sliding the card almost to the battery and back in solves it......
    Till the next boot.
    That said, it's possible for some the card has failed. Not an uncommon problem, and doing frequent back ups is strongly recommended.
    12-17-12 05:31 PM
    yeah but in my situation ive tried sliding the card..i've bought a new card..used my old one..tested they both work..the only thing really left for me to try is a software downgrade or reset...this sucks!
    12-17-12 06:20 PM
    yeah but in my situation ive tried sliding the card..i've bought a new card..used my old one..tested they both work..the only thing really left for me to try is a software downgrade or reset...this sucks!
    Try an upgrade/downgrade. Well worth the hour max it takes. A wipe would be totally unnecessary. It's quite possible you have a bad card reader. The phone still under warranty?
    AnonymousBruddah likes this.
    12-17-12 06:31 PM
    Thanks bigbadwolf..i'll try a downgrade do you know where i can do it (the downgrade)? I'm not too fussed about losing everything on there now..just peoples pin's im bothered about..most of my stuff is on my 2gb memory card (the original one not new one) so i copied it over onto windows anyway..but i've tried near enough everything like:
    - Slide the memory card slightly out
    - Slide memory card in and out with pin while phones on
    -Slide memory card out..reboot put back in
    - Download sd card software and format
    -normal windows format fat 32
    -
    I'm ar my wits end now..because i've bought a brand new card and same issue..so it can't be my memory cards..as for the BB, i bought it off eBay from someone who said they got it fresh off a contract so if it has warranty I have no idea..and i have no idea how to check either..
    12-17-12 06:47 PM
    Thanks bigbadwolf..i'll try a downgrade do you know where i can do it (the downgrade)? I'm not too fussed about losing everything on there now..just peoples pin's im bothered about..most of my stuff is on my 2gb memory card (the original one not new one) so i copied it over onto windows anyway..but i've tried near enough everything like:
    - Slide the memory card slightly out
    - Slide memory card in and out with pin while phones on
    -Slide memory card out..reboot put back in
    - Download sd card software and format
    -normal windows format fat 32
    -
    I'm ar my wits end now..because i've bought a brand new card and same issue..so it can't be my memory cards..as for the BB, i bought it off eBay from someone who said they got it fresh off a contract so if it has warranty I have no idea..and i have no idea how to check either..
    Hard to tell you what OS to go to, when I don't know where you're at.

Warranty won't work, but you could probably get it repaired locally for <$100.
    12-17-12 06:59 PM
    Wait just a dang second! What media card software?!? You should just plop the new card in the phone, and have it prompt you to format it.
    12-17-12 07:01 PM
    Hi bigbadwolf well basically i did put the memory card in as soon as i got it, there was no option to format and it just didn't detect it..so i formatted it in fat32 like i read on another thread..still no luck..so i tried the sim card position change..no luck..so then i saw a thread saying download some sd card software and format it using that..tried that no luck..
    well am using 7.1 bundle 2061..now thats what software it has on now
    12-17-12 07:24 PM
    downgraded to 7.0.0 no luck still
    12-17-12 08:46 PM
    downgraded to 7.0.0 no luck still
    That was never really going to work.

Sounds like a hardware fault with the memory card reader... time for an exchange/repair
    12-17-12 08:57 PM
    Yeah, unfortunately in your case AB, I figured it was a hardware issue. You need the media card slot replaced.
    12-17-12 08:59 PM
    damn suppose ll have to
    12-17-12 09:03 PM
    Well, then you have an excuse to upgrade to BB10. Just 44 days without a media card... sure you can wait that out...
    12-17-12 09:34 PM
    Well, then you have an excuse to upgrade to BB10. Just 44 days without a media card... sure you can wait that out...
    True dat! Besides, there is 8Gb of internal storage, which also can be accessed from any PC.
    12-17-12 09:44 PM