- CrackBerry Newbie
- 8 Posts
Bold 9900 Network Mode
Just a minor question. Since all the time, my phone only display the large EDGE network, so should I just change my network mode to 2G instead of the default 2G & 3G. Because this can at least save battery life. I'm using Celcom Malaysia carrier.
I did some search in here No 3G-only network mode?? , found out what Pete6 said "2G - your phone will connect at the best 2G speed that it can. This means that you will see GPRS (14.4Kbps max) or, better EDGE (236 Kbps max)". Correct me if I'm wrong.
- 12-06-12, 12:03 PM #2
Since you're not getting 3G, you might as well set it to 2G only. It will certainly save on battery life, as your phone won't be constantly searching for a 3G signal to lock onto.• That's Phill… with 2 L's ☺
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-31-12, 07:55 AM #5
- 169 Posts
Re: Bold 9900 Network Mode
as my bold 9900 is on wifi nearly 99% of the time, I keep it on 2G (EDGE) all the time. wi fi at home, at work, in pubs and restourants and in central city areas (free wifi), and batery life is great! I don't even turn off the BT any more. Charge overnight, or not even that, but wait till I reach the office when I dock it... Much better than with 3G anyways and way better than with os 7.0 when battery lasted for few hours of heavy use...BES Admin to the core.
Been supporting and working with BB devices even before I ever saw one in reality
Curve 8300, Curve 8310, Bold 9700, Bold 9900 18.104.22.1685, PB 64GB, Q10, Z10 LTE, Z10 3G, Z30, Passport
- By nellyville60 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 12-25-12, 04:01 PM
- By jhanks64 in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 05-22-12, 12:33 AM
- By oldseth in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 4Last Post: 09-13-11, 12:57 PM
- By jhanks64 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 0Last Post: 09-01-11, 11:03 AM
- By phsc in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 1Last Post: 11-22-08, 09:17 AM