- CrackBerry User
- 41 Posts
Bold 9900 loses baterry while connected to computer
I use a bold 9900 with .794 OS from China Unicom and if I connect the phone to the computer to recharge the baterry and use it at the same time (letīs say make a call), it will drain the baterry of the phone.
Is this normal? I had the same issue with the other versions of OS (.714, .746 etc) and I donīt think that should happen.
I never saw that kind of thing in any other phone I had.
- 11-30-12, 07:16 AM #2
It can be for two different reasons. A bad cable will not charge your device but I am betting the computer USB port does not have enough power to charge your device. Have you tried different ports? Also have you install the DM software, I think it powers up the USB ports for charging.
- CrackBerry Abuser
11-30-12, 02:24 PM #5
- 102 Posts
I had a similar problem , i have 4 usb ports on my lappy , two on one side stopped working after a windows update , I found out that there was a driver issue and went into device manager and uninstalled the usb driver , and waited for windows to reinstall it with some generic driver , then the usb port was working , Initially when i plugged in my bb into the nonworking usb i was convinced something was wrong with the fone , but that was not the case , try plugging your fone to all the usb port , if it still doesnt detect the bold , then try the uninstall method , and then uninstall bbdm and reinstall bbdm them connect ur fone, that should solve it
- By Saint_Errant in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 4Last Post: 02-18-11, 09:14 PM
- By mgftp in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 1Last Post: 07-30-10, 08:05 AM
- By Saleenboy818 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 12Last Post: 05-12-09, 03:37 AM
- By p_vallenilla in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 7Last Post: 07-29-08, 03:50 PM
- By btc in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 01-28-08, 01:36 AM