Hey everyone,

My Q button just fell out of my 9900 and I've realized that it wont go back in and I would need a new keyboard. I found one online for 8$ plus the shipping. I've been looking around to find a good way to change it but I'm not able to find much. I've found a few videos on youtube but they arent very clear.

Is there anyone that can help me solve this issue?

Thank you
    01-29-12 12:12 AM
    check out this teardown video of 9900,

it clearly shows how to remove keyboard.
    you will get a keyboard module and replace it.
    in doubt watch video repeatedly ...
    01-29-12 12:18 AM
    super easy to do following rhe above link. don't be intimidated, you'll be fine.
    01-29-12 10:21 PM
    The video is to remove the keyboard, but not to replace it
    02-14-12 07:19 PM
    The video is to remove the keyboard, but not to replace it
    As long as your new keyboard has a flex cable, all you have to do is attach it. You'll need a T5 screwdriver, small electronic tweezers, and a spudger tool. You will probably need to look at how to replace optical trackpads as most replacement keyboards will not have a new trackpad.
    02-14-12 07:29 PM
    The keyboard I have doesnt come with anything besides the keyboard itself
    02-14-12 07:35 PM
    well to be safe just read and double check everything what it comes with.
    so you won't be waiting for a longer time for your parts to get your keyboard fixed.
    02-14-12 07:38 PM
    The keyboard flex cable and trackpad flex cable fit into eachother
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    02-14-12 07:48 PM
    Alright. I guess i ordered a useless keyboard because it isnt the one with the flex cable behind it. I ordered a new keyboard with the flex cable this time. Thank you guys very much
    02-14-12 10:11 PM
    Alright. I guess i ordered a useless keyboard because it isnt the one with the flex cable behind it. I ordered a new keyboard with the flex cable this time. Thank you guys very much
    Good luck. It's a pretty easy fix, its just sad how hard it is to get the right parts.
    02-15-12 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD