Supposedly the iPhone 5 will be coming to T-Mobile..

To T-Mobile users:

• If T-Mobile manages to get the iPhone 5, will you stick with your Bold 9900 or switch to an iPhone 5?

Article link:
    New Claims of iPhone 5 Coming to T-Mobile USA - Mac Rumors
    08-24-11 12:47 PM
    Depends on if u like typing on a touchscreen or prefer a hardware keyboard.

Personally i cannot stand typing on my ip4 so i wont be replacing it with the ip5....9900 for me all the way.
    mssca likes this.
    08-24-11 12:52 PM
    I thought hard about this and my final decision was the new BB. The Iphone 4 (as it is now) is 1000 times better in performance, speed, camera, just about everything versus the BB. But the BB has two huge things that make it indispensible for me. One is the keyboard. Can't live without it and I've tried. Two is the removable battery -- it's actually huge for me when I travel even though it is useless to me now until somebody has an external charger in stock.
    mssca and BBxpress like this.
    08-24-11 12:56 PM
    Good point outs. I am actually debating right now. I, personally love both touchscreen and keyboard but I prefer the keyboard over touchscreen any day.

Debating if I should get an iPhone or Bold 9900 right now.
    08-24-11 01:00 PM
    Wait till the iPhone 6 because this new iPhone coming out isn't going to be much an improvement. Most of the improvements and innovations are coming from the OS. I would rather buy an iPhone 4 after it comes out because the price will be cheap.
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-24-11 01:06 PM
    Wait till the iPhone 6 because this new iPhone coming out isn't going to be much an improvement. Most of the improvements and innovations are coming from the OS. I would rather buy an iPhone 4 after it comes out because the price will be cheap.
    As if you really know what the new phone will be .
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-24-11 01:31 PM
    As if you really know what the new phone will be .
    I correctly months before iPad2 gussed the specs and they were exactly right
    The iPhone 4 is a good device there's really nothing much that you can add to it
    It has 1ghz,5mp,hd recording so iPhone 5 is this :
    -Curved display
    -Dual core processor A5
    -8mp
    -better antenna
    -Slimmest iPhone 4 till date
    -LTE

Bookmark this page, affter the sept annoucement come back to it
    There's nothging so much that you can add to iPhone 4

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 02:23 PM
    I correctly months before iPad2 gussed the specs and they were exactly right
    The iPhone 4 is a good device there's really nothing much that you can add to it
    It has 1ghz,5mp,hd recording so iPhone 5 is this :
    -Curved display
    -Dual core processor A5
    -8mp
    -better antenna
    -Slimmest iPhone 4 till date
    -LTE

Bookmark this page, affter the sept annoucement come back to it
    There's nothging so much that you can add to iPhone 4

lemme add some.
    Physi Keyboard.
    A design that won't shatter at first drop.
    Jailbreakable Firmwares.
    08-24-11 02:27 PM
    If you love the physical keyboard like I do, go with the Blackberry. But I would wait till may be December to buy the Bold 9900/9930 because I have seen huge manufacturing quality control issues with RIM. Even my own 9900 was changed twice and I am already using the third one in less than a week.

I don't know how bad or good the quality control in iPhones, but at this rate of issues with RIM phones, I am sure iPhone and other phones must be better than Blackberries. Apple has one of the best manufacturing qualities as far as I know. I may be wrong.

So, if you like apps and you don't mind typing on a screen display compared to a physical keyboard, I will go with the iPhone. I type really really slow on non-physical keyboard. I tried Android, iPhone and even HP phones and I don't like it because I type really slow.
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-24-11 02:37 PM
    lemme add some.
    Physi Keyboard.
    A design that won't shatter at first drop.
    Jailbreakable Firmwares.
    Now you are just living in a fantasy world
    moepelchen likes this.
    08-24-11 02:57 PM
    Everything on the iPhone is flashy and nice looking but, the core functions of a phone are horrible. Losing reception by holding it in a common way is un-exceptible. Not being able to send a song on my phone to someone else so they can listen to it is something an old flip phone could do. Or even save a song that was sent to me. Out of all the phones I've owned the iPhone 4 is the biggest let down. The iOS is restrictive in letting you customize your phone unless you jailbreak it. Even then it's lacking. I can honestly say this phone is nothing more than an over hyped mediocre phone that will be put down by android one day. I'll be very happy to get rid of it for a blackberry

Get the 9900
    08-24-11 03:16 PM
    My girlfriend just picked up the 9900. I was suprised, shocked actually, to see how much she loves it coming from an iPhone 4. Also suprising was the number of Bold 9900 that were being sold while she was buying hers.

Here is a sample of the unexpected comments she made:
    "This is way more intuitive than the iPhone"
    "It's feels nicer"
    "I can text way faster now"

It will be interesting to see which apps (if any) she will miss.
    Last edited by Just Me; 09-24-11 at 04:46 PM.
    09-24-11 04:40 PM
    I see this thread has been resurrected.

My 2 cents, get the Bold if you want a communications tool. Get the iPhone if you are more concerned with apps and media consumption.

I ditched my Torch for an iPhone 4 in July. Jailbroke it and played with it for the next 2.5 months. Even Jailbroken it didn't offer the customization that BB does out of the box. Last week I wanted to add a custom ringtone. It took 3 programs and almost an hour to accomplish this and even then I was limited as to where I could use said ringtone.

I also had many issues with messaging. Issues like hour long delays for messages to get sent, messages never arriving at all. So after 2 and half months I went out and got a new 9900 on Monday and I have not looked back. Don't get me wrong the iPhone is a nice unit but as a comm tool I found it very lacking for me.

And after getting the Bold on Monday I got a PlayBook on Wednesday. I am a VERY happy guy now!!!
    09-24-11 04:53 PM
    I would have gotten the 9900 today if it wasn't for the lack of auto-focus on the camera

I have an iPad2 and returned my BlackBerry PlayBook on the sole reason of TERRIBLE battery life
    09-24-11 05:02 PM
    Like said above it depends on your needs. No one can make the decision for you. These threads are complete troll bait.
    Wretch 12 likes this.
    09-24-11 05:07 PM
    I'd say go with what you feel is best. But I'm my honest opinion I would say the Bold 9930. I just put my iPhone in its box for the Bold. The iPhone is a good phone don't get me wrong. But the Bold is a much more functional phone. Everything is at you finger tips, the keypad is outstanding and the added touch screen adds that little �extra� to the phone.

But in the end I'd say if you have doubts you should wait till the new iPhone comes out and test them both to see which one suits you.

nova_8 likes this.
    09-24-11 05:08 PM
    Yerr ditto. I have a samsung galaxy s2. And want to come away from Android I don't get on with the os also like a brick in my pocket. Been into few shops in town to try the 9900 I can see this being my next phone but all my friends that have BBs say "Get A Iphone" i've had 3 of them and only thing going for the phone is the apps which is great. But surely just buy a Ipod touch or Ipad and have best of both worlds )

09-24-11 06:31 PM
    The BlackBerry 9900 & the iPhone are both great phones designed by two great North American companies. You already know your needs, so just match those needs to the phone that aligns with them and you will be pleased. These two phones are awesome, but they are very different from one another.

htm986 likes this.
    09-24-11 06:49 PM
    im getting the iphone 5 even know i have the iphone 4 and the bold 9900 already
    09-24-11 07:11 PM
    I would have gotten the 9900 today if it wasn't for the lack of auto-focus on the camera
    Me too. Loved my camera on the 9650. Afraid to make the 2 yr commitment for the 9930 now.
    09-24-11 07:43 PM
    I have just upgraded to the Bold 9900 from the iPhone 4, just got really bored of the iPhones since i have had them since the iPhone 2G, this will be my 1st BB and I cant wait to get it delivered
    09-25-11 11:12 AM
    Iphone is a very nice device and very easy to use. But I feel you gotta be an apple person to really want to keep it as your main device.

09-25-11 12:20 PM
    After 2 days outage (and continues) thinking about switching to iPhone + MS Exchange. This is a nightmare - stay without internet connection.

iOS 5 will contains iMessage instead of BBM, native Things client, MS Exchange supporting without any BES/BESX...
    Last edited by AlexXF; 09-25-11 at 02:42 PM.
    09-25-11 02:39 PM
    I've had Ios5 on my ipod touch now for about a month and I'm bored of it already

09-25-11 04:39 PM
    I thought about waiting for the iPhone, leaving my EVO, and found that a full screen wasn't what I needed. Don't play games much. BUT, my biggest gripe with apple is not coming clean with the tracking issue, instead to BS the users. Also, the lost prototype hit a nerve when apple employees searched someone's residence. Apple may be good, but they are not god and do as they please. I came back to BB getting a 9930. Must say this is an awesome phone. But, like posted above, if you need a full screen, get either the iPhone, or the full screen BB.
    09-25-11 08:56 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD