Hi,

I threw my Bold 9900 against the wall and messed up the speaker and microphone. The microphone no longer works when I use the phone or when I attempt to record a voice note. The interesting thing is when I use the video camera the phone picks up the sounds without any issues. Is there a second microphone on the Bold 9900? If there is, why can't I find any information regarding this mysterious mic? I'm certain that the mic by the mic hole on my device is broken, so how is the camera recording sounds?
    08-07-12 02:32 PM
    Throwing phones?
    Anger managment problems maybe?

Could have 2 mic's can't see any other way it could record if mic is broken
    08-07-12 03:21 PM
    According to the description of my Otterbox Commuter Case, there is a microphone on the back of the device, right below the LED flash. This case has a cut-out for that mic. You can't actually see anything on the Bold itself though - no holes or anything.
    08-07-12 04:04 PM
    I got same problem with you, until now i can't fix it the big problem for me when people call me, people can't hear my voice.
    08-08-12 01:23 AM
    There is supposed to be an extra one for noise cancelation.Not sure if there is one but it does a very good job at cancelation. Since I quit using my iphone for primary use she can't believe I'm driving my service truck when she talks to me. Its very loud (wind noise from ladders, stuff banging around etc.). So finally I called my other phone and recorded messages and played them back just to see. And was extremely clear. The only background noise I heard was from hitting a very rough railroad track and everything in the truck shook. It sounded like a pen dropping on a desk on the other end.
    08-08-12 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD