Bold 9900 Freezing When Saving Contacts
Hey there everyone ... Since upgrading my os on my 9900 (220.127.116.116) I've noticed whenever I add a contact (or edit exisiting one) the phone will freeze when I click "save". It was stay in limbo ... Completely un-useable for about 2 minutes before it frees up. Contact ends up saving fine but it's the freezing that bothers me.
Anyone experiencing the same thing? Fixes? Known issues? Thanks in advance to all that reply.
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-17-12, 03:52 AM #3
- 202 Posts
agree with TB. and another 2 possibility are :
1. that sometimes lag/freeze can be a result of a 3rd party apps that crash with the os.
2. low memory space left. because from my experience for some latest os, the memory leak is quite big, plus if you are hard bb user, it will definitely lower your free memory even faster.
maybe you can :
1. try deleted all 3rd apps you have installed, if the problem still occurs, then it probably from your os.
2. try reload the os gain but before you reload it, try to factory reset your bb followed by wipe than try reload the os again.
Thank you for all the replies. I will try to do a complete OS re-load and will wipe the device first after backing everything up. I am quite light on apps. I only use twitter, facebook, Rogers visual voicemail and Score Mobile. I'll try and report. Thanks.
Here's what I've done....
Backed up device
Did a security wipe to restore to factory settings
Re-installed the latest operating system
I only use Twitter, Facebook and BBM .I'm not an app freak
I restored my phone.
I un-installed BBM7
I installed BBM 6.2
It all worked fine .....
I upgraded back to BBM7
Now, address book still freezes when either adding a new contact or editing existing one. It only freezes when I "save"
I think there is a conflict of some sorts with BBM7 because with BBM 6.2 installed, I got no freezing issues.
I might be wrong but I would appreciate any other trouble shooting steps.
Thanks in advance.
- CrackBerry Addict
01-03-13, 05:00 AM #8
- 661 Posts
i noticed my phone freezing for 10-15 seconds at a time after bbm7 update. not necessarily while saving contacts but even when just using the phone.
i tried a wipe and reloading the OS and it all work fine and normal until i install bbm7.
i hope rim releases a fix/update for this in the next version.....
- By x143x in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 7Last Post: 11-23-11, 08:40 AM
- By PRINCEJUDAH in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 04-07-09, 04:59 AM
- By PRINCEJUDAH in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 6Last Post: 04-06-09, 01:47 PM
- By ironlion in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 0Last Post: 01-31-09, 12:47 PM
- By verduzconi in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 2Last Post: 03-03-08, 12:37 AM