My bold 9900 was freeze and dead many times while using it. If I pulled out battery and sim card then put them back, it would reboot. But most of the times freeze in Home screen. If I press 9, two digits automatically appeared. Sometimes it freeze in home screen and any key doesn't work. Sometimes , i can call and receive. But sometimes, it was dead while receiving the phone call. Please help me for this.

Lmm.
    03-13-13 10:06 PM
    have you dropped it or gotten water into it? (check the small white squares after removing the battery to check, they will be pink or red if they have been in contact with water)

download Blackberry Swiss Army Knife and the latest operating system from the sticky at the top of this forum

connect the phone to the computer via usb cable and open BBSAK, back up the phone and then wipe the OS (operating system). the phone should have "error 504" displayed on the screen.

disconnect and then reconnect to the computer and click load os (on BBSAK) and select the operating system you downloaded from its folder and let it load, then restore your apps one at a time by "install cod file" , this will let you check each apps compatibility with the phone and if the phone becomes unresponsive again after a particular app has loaded you can click "read system" and uninstall cod to remove it
    03-13-13 11:38 PM
    Thank you.Not gotten water on it. It was bought in India,Kolkata. It was grounded by car. It was working normal and screen was crash. In my city, country(Yangon,Myanmar), there is no blackberry center and services. I sent it to Singapore and Thailand to repair but didn't get it. I had to order parts of 9900 from Dubai and I sent it to mobile phone repairing services. They replaced the parts and then it was working. After a week, I got a Z10. So i have to cut my sim to become micro sim. But Z10 couldn't set up in my country. So i put my micro sim into 9900 difficultly to fit. After that my 9900 sometimes freeze and shutdown automatically. So I changed the SIM with normal size, then it was fix temporarily. But after next 3 days, it has become freeze in home screen and power off. If I pulled out SIM and battery then put them back,it was working for a while. In touch pad button, there is a small red light appeared while freezing in dark. Your helpful reply would be highly appreciated. thanks.
    03-14-13 12:06 AM
    I myself am a 9900 user and despite of droping it several times it still works flawlessly and is in perfect condition plus the latest 7.1 OS is also very stable so if I were in your place I'd back up my phone do a security wipe and then install the latest 7.1 update.
    If you don't have important data on your device then preferably install the OS without backing up your phone as doing so would help in a much more cleaner (free from any corrupt data) device.

This should fix the problem
    03-14-13 02:08 AM
    Thank you for your advice. I will do as you suggested. But now I sent it to the phone repair shop. Because I suspect that is there problem in SIM card holder or Battery. This problem has encountered after using with Micro sim without fitting. As i didn't know, I pulled out sim & battery many times at that time. And suspect to battery is that sometimes it goes down power off and dead. If phone repair shop can't do anything, I will do as your suggest. But it is running with OS 7.1.0.714 which was updated by myself last 4 or 5 months. Any how thank you so much.

lmm
    03-14-13 02:38 AM
    The freezing of the phone is not a hardware defect I recon there is some issue with the software and a software reload should fix this.

Anyways best of luck
    03-14-13 03:07 AM
    Now my phone is dead and can't wake up in spite of charging. So I can't reload OS and can't do anything. Anyhow thanks for your help.

Lmm
    03-14-13 04:44 AM
    Connect it to the computer without the battery and use BBSAK to reload the OS clean. That is a special rescue mode. You SHOULD be able to recover it. Else, I suggest getting another legacy blackberry bold 9900, curve 9360 or torch 9810 depending on your budget. Likely if you got the 9900 used and after getting run over by that vehicle, it was damaged somewhat. That probably led to it being FUBAR'd. No amount of reloading will fix it.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-17-13 08:27 PM
    Thank you for your advice. Now I am using BB z10 with some problems. But I really want to get back my bold 9900. So can you advise me the reliable repairing bb services in Singapore? Your kind support and help would be highly appreciated. Thank you, again.

LMM.
    03-17-13 11:41 PM
    Thank you for your advice. Now I am using BB z10 with some problems. But I really want to get back my bold 9900. So can you advise me the reliable repairing bb services in Singapore? Your kind support and help would be highly appreciated. Thank you, again.LMM.
    The best I can recommend is going to the mall. They usually have repair shops. Or asking around the city you live in.
    MaungLmm likes this.
    03-17-13 11:56 PM
    I don't understand that why you can't reload the OS as the BBSAK method is also a good one but anyhow go to any mall or market that deals in mobiles have your device placed before a mechanic ( any mobile repairing shop ) and ask them to install the latest OS firstly I don't think that there would be any problem in doing so and secondly even if ghere is some issue considering them professionals they would be able to guide you more appropriately being professionals.
    I hope that helps
    PS if you have any BB support centre in your city do visit it on a preferential basis.
    03-18-13 05:34 AM
    Thank you for your suggestion. My phone is completely dead. BBSAK showed an error message "No device is connected". So I can't reload OS. As I explained above, my phone was crash LCD but it was working well. I live in Yangon(Myanmar) where there is no blackberry services center and BIS. I already sent it to Singapore but blackberry center didn't accept to repair because my device was bought from India(kolkata). But I have no one to ask to carry it to Kolkata. So I oreder parts from Dubai and I asked to mobile serivces shop(not blackberry certified) to replace the LCD and bezel. The it worked well for 2 days. Then I used it with Micro SIM. My phone started sometimes freeze on Home screen and automatically power off many times. After that it was completely dead. If you know any reparing services in Singapore, please share me. Thanks.

LMM
    03-18-13 10:54 PM
    Since you bought your phone from India sending it to Singapore wouldn't be a good idea but in fact you should try some courier service to send it to India as I'm sure that there are BB service centres in India. I'm not from India so I can't guide about the exact whereabouts of where the service centre is but there is for sure and neither my country, Pakistan, has any otherwise i would've offered to get it repaired. So try to contact any service centre in India and ask them before hand on telephone or over the internet that will they repair your phone and if not then try to talk to shop from where you bought the phone in India and settle terms with them that you will send your phone from any courier service and after being repaired they will send it back to your address but bear in mind that you will have to pay shipment fee for both ways i.e sending and receiving so its better that you guys fix these things prior to agreement so as to avoid any difficulties.
    Best of luck
    MaungLmm likes this.
    03-19-13 12:47 AM