Hey guys,

We have received the Bold 9900 in Vietnam today and tried it out. Come and check it out for yourselves. We put up some pics and videos for you to see.

BisVN - Vietnam's BIS Community

Cheers,

Khanh Nguyen
    Last edited by cmknight; 06-19-11 at 03:10 PM.
    06-19-11 02:52 PM
    Are you really in Vietnam??????
    06-19-11 03:06 PM
    Damn! Looks bad arse!
    06-19-11 03:11 PM
    Are you really in Vietnam??????
    Why would you doubt if he was in Vietnam? ****, who cares? he has a 9900!
    06-19-11 03:12 PM
    Thanks! I translated the writing and it's nice to hear they feel the screen response/sensitivity feels like the iphone. That's what I've been wanting on my BB for ages. Pretty positive review! Camera shot of the laptop looks great with very little grain. As we've heard, they are impressed with the build quality of the device as well.

Looking forward to Aug/Sept!
    06-19-11 03:19 PM
    That 5-unit physical comparison page is awesome showing the whole line-up. Does anyone here speak Vietnamese & could translate at least some of what's written (maybe even a paraphrase)? Has the 9900 been released over there or is it being manufactured over there (hence that unit being an eval unit)?
    cmknight likes this.
    06-19-11 03:20 PM
    That 5-unit physical comparison page is awesome showing the whole line-up. Does anyone here speak Vietnamese & could translate at least some of what's written (maybe even a paraphrase)? Has the 9900 been released over there or is it being manufactured over there (hence that unit being an eval unit)?
    hey Adam,

I'll try to translate some of what I wrote tomorrow. It's 3:23AM. Got early meeting tomorrow.
    06-19-11 03:22 PM
    Looks nice! I can't wait to get my hands on the Sprint 9930!
    06-19-11 03:40 PM
    Holy crap! Thanks for sharing!
    06-19-11 03:47 PM
    Translation below.

------------------

Today, Sunday June 19, 2011, at 15:00 in Hanoi, the members of the forum BisVN.vn had a meeting to see and experience firsthand the Blackberry Bold 9900 (code Dakota) also known as RIM's Bold Touch.

Bold 9900 smartphone is a worthy RIM's most anticipated in the near future. The Bold 9900 that the forum members have been on hand BisVN Bold 9900 is the first in Vietnam, and this is the prototype of RIM. The Bold 9900 is due to members' littlestone90 "BisVN forum posts from the Australian forum to test you. Currently no commercial version. The official is expected to be available in September next.

Proceed to check out the clip from the plug to try your sim's time to start:

Comment The first machine was so beautiful. From design to the weight and the overall structure of the machine is both a quintessential combination of RIM's form so far, but it has also led to many improvements to match the general trend to bring to the user features of the Vietnamese capital has priority RIM technology integrated with leading the world today such as multi-touch screen (multi-touch), NFC chips.

A masculine design of the RIM-specific, business-class show

May love birds. Designed to the RIM 9000 has been used for 9900, however, butter is made with designs like a block of metal (unibody) should not be scratched like benzel round of 9000. 9000 Slab of back skin of the back wall has been replaced by the carbon plastic. However, the removable back wall of the 9900 piece (battery cover) is very small, not even the back. On the back wall with integrated NFC payment are electronic chip.

Inside the back of the tiles are integrated NFC chips (the ring road in the black side)

9900's touch screen is great. I was impressed with the machine's touch screen, sharp and deep as the Playbook, as well as the iPhone so sensitive. Due to the high speed processor 1.2 Ghz, there is no lag phenomena such as 9800 or other lines. When not holding, I thought was not impressed with the touchscreen Blackberry 9900 very small. But really after use, the feeling of sliding is smoother than using the trackpad.

9900's keyboard is similar to the 9000 keyboard. However, the keyboard is a bit flatter resourceful, and have a bounce rate is quite interesting. If the keyboard of the Bold 9000 is considered to be smooth, the Bold 9900 will bring the feeling that there may be people like, who do not. For objectivity, so I'll leave you to experience.

9000 junior standing. We can see similarities in the design of the two phones. But the 9900 quite a bit thinner than 9000

Its battery is 1230 mAh. Because testing time is limited, do not really know if the battery runs up to how long. However, the experience of individuals and members of the forum BisVN, then the later models like 9780, 9800; RIM has made significant improvements in quality pin.

The inside of the machine (SIM slots in yellow, green card slot)

5MP camera which was shooting so well, invite you to view attached photos for quality photographic Bold 9900:

Photographs from the camera of 9900

The ability to talk, instant messaging is very good (Blackberry that: P). Please attach the clip you see a call from another machine. Anh Hoang (Mod of the forum) is called to Australia to thank Long "littlestone90" sent the machine back to an hem.

Software, because this is beta so the missing files. Cod in the rom. However, I tried to run the Browser is still run by both 3G and Wifi. Do use sim BIS, when plugged into your sim, service book is automatically pushed to your device. BBM is in the process before the review, a member of the forum BisVN accidentally wipe device should not have to test. All other applications are running smoothly, icons on OS 7.0 was much smoother than OS 6.0. We can say only a few small changes or complete ROM, the RIM can sell the product to market, and we can own a smartphone really the pinnacle of technology and configuration.

The receiving of Viettel 3G + full Bis (wallpaper is the logo of the forum BisVN)

Summarize, Bold Touch 9900 is indeed a very desirable product. Maybe design is not new, can you believe that RIM is exhausted or sleeping on the idea of ​​winning if only given a few simple phones. But for her, that's enough. If you possess these lower life forms, or want to born 9780 or 9800, then my honest advice is to wait to buy 9900. And with the privileges of BisVN community forum, as it did with the tests, once again we will be the owners of the Bold 9900 commercial version soon. And also hope and wish for RIM will soon return to stronger with the success of the Bold 9900.

Starred opposite two "junior" 9700 + 9800

A "team" Brothers Blackberry forum BisVN (9000, 9700, 9780, 9800, 9900)
    sg8330, JUSTQUAN2, GeneKam and 6 others like this.
    06-19-11 04:30 PM
    Thank you for the translation

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LuisCast likes this.
    06-19-11 04:50 PM
    Thank you! That's a rough translation, but I think I got the gist

06-19-11 04:56 PM
    Open it in Google Chrome and it'll offer to it translate for you. Nice little tool..
    experiment 626 likes this.
    06-19-11 07:10 PM
    Fantastic article, and BlackBerry. For those of you who ever need to translate, this works great, even on your phone:

Google Translate
    06-19-11 07:11 PM
    Man that phone is is just flat out got me drooling for real. I was going to get the evo 3d til the bold came out. But I'm going to wait it out til aug 21 for sprint. Bring me my 9930!!!
    06-19-11 08:00 PM
    +10

06-19-11 08:24 PM
    I'm excited to try my new 9900 open line to some international phone cards.
    06-19-11 09:27 PM
    I'm excited to try my new 9900 open line to some international phone cards.
    What about data?

Edit 9:36pm: still no mention of hot spot. So I'm just going to assume they didn't include that feature. Hopefully a hack is out there cause my tabs need that hotspot action .
    Last edited by JUSTQUAN2; 06-19-11 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Forgot to ask original question
    06-19-11 09:35 PM
    What about data?

Edit 9:36pm: still no mention of hot spot. So I'm just going to assume they didn't include that feature. Hopefully a hack is out there cause my tabs need that hotspot action .
    Hey Justquan

Unfortunately, there is no hotspot function on this OS 7.0 yet. Hopefully it will available in an OS update. We are doing a couple more videos so stay tuned for updates.
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    06-19-11 09:59 PM
    Hey Justquan

Unfortunately, there is no hotspot function on this OS 7.0 yet. Hopefully it will available in an OS update. We are doing a couple more videos so stay tuned for updates.
    Thx for the quick reply.
    Is bb bridge included? If that's included then I can trade my iPad for a playbook. Being always on the move I need mynweb access on a bigger screen other Than the phone.
    06-19-11 10:08 PM
    Thx for the quick reply.
    Is bb bridge included? If that's included then I can trade my iPad for a playbook. Being always on the move I need mynweb access on a bigger screen other Than the phone.
    Hello Justquan,

As you have probably read from the rough Google translation, the phone that we have, being a protoype, is missing a lot of .cod system files. Also, we have a lot of restrictions here in Vietnam (no access to app world being an example). However, with the help of other forum's members oversea, we were able to to download BB Bridge through BB Beta Zone.

We might do a video showing it connecting to the Playbook, so again, stay tuned for updates. Sign up on our forum for more exclusive sneak peaks and preview videos coming up
    JUSTQUAN2 and LuisCast like this.
    06-19-11 10:18 PM
    thanks very much to op! ill read all about it when I get in from work. a positive sign when a forum member gets their hands on one!!

06-20-11 03:22 AM
    hey all,

a little update on the device.

First, let me just say that we've gotten into a lot of troubles with RIM for leaking photos/videos yesterday. They even tried to look us up (who we are, where we work, our connects, how did we get our hands on the device). But we could care less. We are doing this because we love Blackberry devices and we want RIM to bring all the Blackberry services to us. If anything, they are just encouraging us to leak more info. I personally am thinking about cracking this blackberry (no pun intended) open, sort like "ifixit" style to see what's inside the device.

Anyway, back to phone itself:

The touch screen is definitely a nice touch. The screen is as bright and beautiful as the Playbook. Compare it to the iPhone 4, on the scale of 10 with iPhone 4 being 10, the Bold 9900 could easily be a 9. The only reason why IMO i think it's not as good as the iPhone's screen is because
    1) it's smaller
    2) pinch-to-zoom or multitouch sometimes shows lag (but not as bad as Android's devices)

The battery door is no longer made of leather material like the 9000. It's instead plastic with a carbon-fiber type of coating. And it's not the entire back cover that could be opened, only the part that covers the battery that could be opened.

MicroSD card slot has a flaw. You cannot hot swap it like the the 9000. With the battery in place, you cannot remove the microSD card. We almost made a mistake by trying to pulling the MicroSD card out without removing the battery, and it got stuck; we had to use the tips of 2 toothpicks to push the MicroSD card back in, removed to battery before we could discharge the card.

NFC chip is placed on the back on battery cover. Unfortunately we do not have a NFC system in Vietnam yet, so there's no way we could test it for you guys.

Battery is 1230 mAh, made in Korea. It's been on for 10 hours from the first full charge now with 3G on all the time, so it's good enough for me.

The bezel is definitely an upgrade from the 9000. It is designed like Apple's unibody and it's made out of some kinda of metal (not sure if it is stainless steel or not), it's definitely not gonna be scratched up easily like the 9000's. So that's a plus.

That's it so far, hopefully this is easier to understand than the cripple Google translation. We will do more testing and post up some new videos on our forum. So visit BIS Vietnam for more previews coming up.

God bless,
    06-20-11 04:32 AM
    Keep up the good work cmknight. Don't worry about rim trying to stop you, its ridiculous. We have been waiting for this phone for ages and now we have to wait even longer.

A few more videos and write ups are not going to hurt at all. It might actuallly help sales of the phone . Lol !!

06-20-11 05:07 AM
    Thanks for the updates, CM.......looking forward to more.
    06-20-11 06:17 AM
205 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD