Hey everyone,

So yesterday and today I had a strange issue with my Bold 9900. All of a sudden, my battery dropped to 1%. And stayed there until I ran to a charger and plugged her in (which was right away). Once charging, it showed whatever it was realistically at before the sudden drop (today, it was 28%, yesterday maybe 10%).

This has only happened twice so far. But it was yesterday and today. I do use the BatteryWatch app, but it's only supposed to warn me at 10%. So when the phone shows that it's suddenly down to 1%, the warnings all go off.

As of right now, I have no idea what it could be. The only other things noteworthy about the situation was that I was taking several pictures before the drop happened. I do take pictures often, but the 2 times happened soon after taking some pics.

Anyone know any information on this? I'll update if it happens again. Also, if it happens again, I'll try letting my phone sit at the 1% and see if it really does die soon after.

Thanks!
    09-15-12 09:48 PM
    couple of users have noted recent drops in their batterys like you stated.. i would recommend trying another battery and if problem persist wipe device and reload os
    09-15-12 10:13 PM
    Thanks. Just saw this thread too:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...uickly-744845/

Can't imagine it's a battery issue of a bunch of people are having the same issue all at the same time, but who knows...
    09-15-12 10:15 PM
    Try wiping the device and reinstall the os. Good luck.
    09-15-12 11:40 PM
    Wipe it, then install a new OS.

Will fix it, if not leave the battery out for a good minute while you hold the power button.

Then put it back in.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-16-12 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD