As I type this message, I will not erase anything to show how my Bold behaves as I type. As. Seen above and. Here, you see double spaces several places. I do not know if. It iis software or not, I tried downgrading 9900/7.1.0.391 to 9900/7.1.0.267 and it still does it, if. Not, a bit more.

Is anyone. Else encountering this issue or does CrackBerry. Think it's software. Since it seems all my keys. Do this including the back key.

Also, is. There a way to fully back up the phone as if I was just upgrading a software or. Is the only way to do it to fully backup, fully wipe and restore? Because it's not. The same as a software upgrade.

Thanks and I'm just writing this really fast to see if it will double prress keys and it is, hhahahahah, this is ridiculous!
    06-16-12 07:31 PM
    I had this problem and ended up getting a replacement from T-mobile US. It showed up after I had the 9900 for about four months.

There's another thread on this with the provocative title "Unexplained periods."
    06-16-12 07:47 PM
    Pretty sure its a hardware issue. How long have you had it? If its not under warranty, take it apart if you feel comfortable enough, and make sure there is no dust or crud under the keyboard.
    06-16-12 09:30 PM
    Do you think it's dust and what not?

It's still under warranty but I don't know if they'll take it in Canada since I unlocked it...

I've had it for about 2 months but it was pre-owned by someone for a month.

Has anyone ever solved it by dusting it or anything?

Thanks
    06-16-12 10:39 PM
    My 9930 does the same thing. Usually happens on the spacebar. I will be anxious to see what response are offered.
    06-17-12 04:39 AM
    It isn't due to the OS version you are running. I have this issue too and am still running the OS that was on my 9930 when I purchased it last summer. It seems to happen to me with the space bar though.
    06-17-12 06:54 AM
    Mine did that, I ended up taking it in, (however I was complaining of a lot more problems) they told me to update my software. But then again my carrier is a pain in the rear to get anything done. The dust seems more likely. I may try that.
    06-17-12 10:27 AM
    It isn't due to the OS version you are running. I have this issue too and am still running the OS that was on my 9930 when I purchased it last summer. It seems to happen to me with the space bar though.
    Same issue as you. It happens intermittently when I am typing really fast. It's the spacebar - like it is extra sensitive. Could be dust - who knows.
    06-17-12 11:30 AM
    Its the first I've heard of it but I think it may be a hardware issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-17-12 12:22 PM
    Getting a replacement handset fixed it for me, which certainly does suggest a hardware issue. I just hope it doesn't show up on this one after another few months.
    06-17-12 12:34 PM
    A friend had the same problem show up after months of use. Tried everything including new OS and it continued to get worst. Had to replace the device.
    06-17-12 12:52 PM
    You unlocked it, so maybe you can put the carriers most current OS on it and then bring it in for the warranty exchange. Most of them probably won't know its been unlocked
    06-17-12 08:37 PM
    Had the same issue as well as a few other keyboard issues... no warrenty so I replace the keyboard myself it was easy to do and now I have no issue at all while typing
    06-17-12 09:36 PM
    I have a company issued 9900 barely a month old which is now doing the whole weird character issue. Challenges start with logging into the device because as you type one letter you can literary watch it add in a couple more and when you hit the delete key it does the same. From all your posts it seems like I should be contacting my carrier for a replacement.
    07-11-13 05:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD