Hi

I don't know if anyone knows this but I noticed the bold 9900 couldn't connect to the WiFi hotspot shared from an iPhone. It couldn't even see it. Has anyone else noticed this? I wonder if it can't connect to these kind of share as its different to a router?

Thanks in advance!
    Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    11-25-12 12:10 PM
    You want to connect a bolds WiFi using a iPhone hot spot?

It works, if your carrier enables hotspot tethering on your SIM then put it in the iPhone. After that, go tk hot spot in settings and turn it on (set a password if you need).

Then turn on WiFi ln your bold and it should show the iPhone on the list.

I share my devices data with all sorts of devices.
    11-25-12 05:04 PM
    thanks for the reply but unfortunately that's not possible. the iphone 4 uses microsim, unlike the bold 9900. considering sim contact pins are documented as breaking easy with adaptors its a risk I won't take. I wasn't really looking for a workaround as such. I was just wondering if anyone knew if this inability to connect to a hotspot in another phone is general or specific to my bold. I think the personal hotspot functionality in iphones and a lot of phones creates the wifi access point in peer to peer mode rather than infrastructure mode (I think I'm using the right terminology) like home routers do. I'm guessing bolds ignore peer to peer style AP's. or maybe its just mine.

cheers anyway

Sent from my Blackberry Playbook
    11-25-12 05:13 PM
    actually forget most of what I just said, for some reason I read that as swapping things the other way around.... apologies......

11-25-12 05:30 PM
    thanks for the reply but unfortunately that's not possible. the iphone 4 uses microsim, unlike the bold 9900. considering sim contact pins are documented as breaking easy with adaptors its a risk I won't take. I wasn't really looking for a workaround as such. I was just wondering if anyone knew if this inability to connect to a hotspot in another phone is general or specific to my bold. I think the personal hotspot functionality in iphones and a lot of phones creates the wifi access point in peer to peer mode rather than infrastructure mode (I think I'm using the right terminology) like home routers do. I'm guessing bolds ignore peer to peer style AP's. or maybe its just mine.

cheers anyway

Not what I wrote but...

You can just put the micro SIM into the bold without an adapter, along as you center it in the middle she works. You won't break any pins or anything.

Anyway what I wrote should work
    11-25-12 06:18 PM
    Like I say - apologies, and thanks. On this one it won't pick it up though sadly
    11-26-12 04:05 AM
    There's no reason it won't pickup the iPHONE hotspot, unless the hotspot is set to "not visible", as some of my WAP's are set to in my home. The 9900 works on 2.4 and 5 GHZ, and the iPHONE 1-4S broadcasts / connects at 2.4. I have connected to iPHONE hot spots more than once. I believe the 5 can now work at both 2.4 and 5, like the 9900.
    11-26-12 07:14 PM
    iphone jailbroken?
    11-27-12 04:13 AM
    No not jail broken. Good to hear its working for you though. Means its just mine. Which is just another reason to replace this one for another thanks guys
    11-28-12 01:42 PM