A Tmo representative confirmed to me today that the Bold 9900 will be arriving August 17.
    She stated that this will be their first 4G capable BlackBerry Smartphone.

I'm 17 and anxiously awaiting this device. Hopefully AT&T releases this. Back-to-school is right around the corner for us here in the States.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-11 04:22 PM
    Oh my. Another "rep told me" thred.

Ill take it with a gallon of salt.

07-17-11 04:25 PM
    I hope you're right OP. I can't wait to buy this phone.
    07-17-11 04:26 PM
    No luck here.

bighap, curlyt1 and W1ll like this.
    07-17-11 04:48 PM
    A Tmo representative confirmed to me today that the Bold 9900 will be arriving August 17.

I'm 17 and anxiously awaiting this device. Hopefully AT&T releases this. Back-to-school is right around the corner for us here in the States.

Let's hope the 9930 comes out earlier for Verizon.
    07-17-11 08:05 PM
    No luck here.

That gave me a good laugh!
    07-17-11 08:13 PM
    i called RIM
    they said tomorrow...................
    jtom2343 likes this.
    07-17-11 08:36 PM
    remember how verizon or virgin tweeted that the phones coming out SUPERsoon , whaattta joke!
    07-17-11 08:46 PM
    No luck here.

You guys here at CrackBerry have every reason not to believe me. However, if you contact me I couldn't give you the representatives phone number at Tmo.
    I asked about pricing and she said to give her a call back around the 17th of August because she is unaware of the contract pricing yet.
    She clearly said AUGUST 17th or 20th. In in the Central valley here in California.
    juanherrerax (at) gmail (dot) com
    Gave me her card and everything. Contact me for her info and ask her for yourself.

07-17-11 09:19 PM
    So if T-mobile is going to advertise this phone as "4G", will AT&T do the same and perpetuate dividing their non-LTE vs [future] LTE "4G"?

(Posted via Tapatalk)
    07-17-11 10:15 PM
    Why not, all the other 14.4 mbps phones are being called 4G.
    07-17-11 10:21 PM
    You guys here at CrackBerry have every reason not to believe me. However, if you contact me I couldn't give you the representatives phone number at Tmo.
    I asked about pricing and she said to give her a call back around the 17th of August because she is unaware of the contract pricing yet.
    She clearly said AUGUST 17th or 20th. In in the Central valley here in California.
    juanherrerax (at) gmail (dot) com
    Gave me her card and everything. Contact me for her info and ask her for yourself.

I wasn't implying that I don't believe you, just thought I'd see if I could get a screenshot of them giving any kind of indication. I didn't have any luck, lol
    07-17-11 11:08 PM

The schizophrenic bum at the 7-11 told me the same thing
    07-17-11 11:39 PM
    Seriously, if you don't have anything good or positive to contribute to this thread just don't reply.

Someone posted a bit of information, if you don't believe him move on with your lives and stop making it sound like he commit to the most horrible crime with your disbelieve.
    vjuanx and Guatiao like this.
    07-18-11 01:05 AM
    While I don't think the OP should be torn to shreds for what he posted I also know that it's frustrating waiting for these devices, and the xxxxx told me xxxxx date gets old.
    Seriously, the reps don't know.
    vjuanx likes this.
    07-18-11 02:12 AM
    Before you guys dismiss juanherrerax, remember what CrackBerry themselves posted a few months back. It actually lines up perfectly.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bol...eaded-t-mobile

Now the rep could have had a release date on hand or just been referring to the same online source.

Personally, with many UK stores pointing at Aug 15 this does not sound far off. Hopefully we'll know for sure these next few weeks because the release is approaching for sure.
    vjuanx likes this.
    07-18-11 03:28 AM
    the rep said contact them about contract details the day of the release... that sound very promising, you'd have thought some fat cats would have them planned out already.

I pre ordered mine from phones4u Uk which has a release date of 15/8.
    Last edited by badger906; 07-18-11 at 09:25 AM.
    07-18-11 03:41 AM
    Before you guys dismiss juanherrerax, remember what CrackBerry themselves posted a few months back. It actually lines up perfectly.

BlackBerry Bold 9900, apollo and monza all headed to T-Mobile | CrackBerry.com

Now the rep could have had a release date on hand or just been referring to the same online source.

Personally, with many UK stores pointing at Aug 15 this does not sound far off. Hopefully we'll know for sure these next few weeks because the release is approaching for sure.
    Thank you. I appreciate what you've said. I forgot about that CrackBerry post.
    This is my first post here in the CrackBerry Forums, and people are not so nice around here. Bad experience lol
    I thought I'd share some information with the community. I learned my lesson. Thank you
    07-18-11 03:54 AM
    Thank you. I appreciate what you've said. I forgot about that CrackBerry post.
    This is my first post here in the CrackBerry Forums, and people are not so nice around here. Bad experience lol
    I thought I'd share some information with the community. I learned my lesson. Thank you
    Don't take it personally. I think there have been many of these posts showing up and people are bitter with uncertainty and impatience.

Thanks for posting what you heard and hopefully it ends up being true!
    07-18-11 04:05 AM
    While I don't think the OP should be torn to shreds for what he posted I also know that it's frustrating waiting for these devices, and the xxxxx told me xxxxx date gets old.
    Seriously, the reps don't know.
    Exactly. I have been doing this long enough to to know that reps don't know jack.
    07-18-11 05:50 AM
    I agree with the general sentiments - we shouldn't harrass the Op for posting info...but at the same time we all need to realize that most tmo reps (whether they work in retail stores or are on telephone support), are told nothing officially from tmo until just a couple of weeks before launch of a new device.

In addition, most of the tmo reps I've talked to on the phone don't even know about sites like tmonews.com and crackberry.com. So if they don't know about these sites, is it any wonder we're all frustrated when we know far more than they do?

Let's just hope that the 9900 comes out soon. But also, let's hope we get some better/believable insight into whether the 9850 will be coming to tmo as well. I'm seriously thinking about a full touch screen - foregoing the keyboard for a decent sized screen is a trade off that may be worth it...if only we knew for sure that it'll be coming to tmo!
    07-18-11 06:20 AM
    I cant wait to have it!
    07-18-11 06:40 AM
    I have a friend, who's cousins uncle walks Jim's dog every morning....and he told me that the Bold 9900 is coming out this afternoon.

True Story!!!
    anon(52425) likes this.
    07-18-11 07:44 AM
    yea ... jims dog told me the same thing
    diego.roscetti likes this.
    07-18-11 09:03 AM
    ok....what's **really old** is the smarta$$ comments above in every thread like this. Pi$$es me off wayyy more than an OP who may or may not be genuinely trying to add to the discussion.

That said, being glued to this board like the rest of you, I feel confident we (T-Mo peeps) will see this phone in a month's time.
    07-18-11 12:24 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD