so i noticed that its been taking awhile because they have been filed testing this phone for no bugs im wondering why all the other phones being released by droid and stuff doesnt take so long to be field tested and do you think cus its taking so long to field test there will be minimum or 0 bugs to the phone?
    07-27-11 06:00 PM
    Android devices are tested in the same fashion as RIM products, Apple products, etc etc. You just don't hear about them. Even more so is that said companies don't announce products way ahead of time, they wait until they're all but ready.
    07-27-11 06:26 PM
    You would be hard pressed to find a device that didn't have a bug or two at release. This includes, RIM, Apple and Android platforms. The field testing tries to identify and eliminate as many glitches as possible but they still occur. I've been using a 9900 with OS 7.0.0.261 and haven't noticed anything I would consider a deal breakker. I started using the 9860 today with OS 7.0.0.277 and so far it's running very smooth.
    07-27-11 06:31 PM
    You would be hard pressed to find a device that didn't have a bug or two at release. This includes, RIM, Apple and Android platforms. The field testing tries to identify and eliminate as many glitches as possible but they still occur. I've been using a 9900 with OS 7.0.0.261 and haven't noticed anything I would consider a deal breakker. I started using the 9860 today with OS 7.0.0.277 and so far it's running very smooth.

So it does have bugs.

BlackBerry 9000 & Tapatalk
    07-27-11 10:14 PM
    So it does have bugs.

BlackBerry 9000 & Tapatalk
    Everything has bugs. It is physically impossible to have any device that is completely bug free. Field trial is the last line at identifying critical bugs in a real world environment, we catch the majority of the bugs but they get prioritized based on criticality by the mfg/carrier. They jointly decide the importance of what to fix first.

PG
    Spawn12 likes this.
    07-27-11 10:45 PM
    Everything has bugs. It is physically impossible to have any device that is completely bug free. Field trial is the last line at identifying critical bugs in a real world environment, we catch the majority of the bugs but they get prioritized based on criticality by the mfg/carrier. They jointly decide the importance of what to fix first.

PG
    Pleaaaseee tell me you have heard by now when the 9900 is going into field testing??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-11 10:48 PM
    Pleaaaseee tell me you have heard by now when the 9900 is going into field testing.
    It has been said by multiple sources in the know who always share this kind of news that these devices are currently in fieldtesting for multiple carriers.
    07-27-11 11:27 PM
    It has been said by multiple sources in the know who always share this kind of news that these devices are currently in fieldtesting for multiple carriers.
    Multiple carriers doesn't mean AT&T unless phonegeek says its field testing I won't believe it.

07-27-11 11:49 PM
    Multiple carriers doesn't mean AT&T unless phonegeek says its field testing I won't believe it.
    Sorry. It won't go to fieldtesting for ATT until December 2013. Better? I don't know what you could possibly be so stubborn over if you've been following the forums here. There are at least three-four users here with most excellent trackrecords in this vein who have stated as such. It's being tested.
    07-27-11 11:54 PM
    Sorry. It won't go to fieldtesting for ATT until December 2013. Better? I don't know what you could possibly be so stubborn over if you've been following the forums here. There are at least three-four users here with most excellent trackrecords in this vein who have stated as such. It's being tested.
    Yea being tested in the labs not in the field if you followed the forums you would know that. Find me a credible poster who can say the phone is currently in the field testing phase with AT&T.

07-28-11 12:22 AM
    I am thinking that AT&T will introduce two others phones BEFORE the 9900. I hope not but I got a "feeling".
    07-28-11 05:08 AM

PG
    Indeed every device ive used from iOS, Android and even windows mobile had bugs...there is no such thing as a perfect device due to the software that its running.

Personally i think the 9900 will have bugs, some maybe deal breakers for some and for others not so much. As long as the 9900 does what it says on the tin then im a happy bunny.
    07-28-11 07:31 AM

Sorry to disappoint but no it is not in field trial yet with AT&T.

PG
    07-28-11 07:44 AM
    Thanks PG. I stand corrected.
    Blanc71 can rest peacefully now. PG has spoken!
    07-28-11 07:50 AM
    I am thinking that AT&T will introduce two others phones BEFORE the 9900. I hope not but I got a "feeling".
    I would assume your talking about both the torches? Once verizon and tmobile start releasing the 9900 I think that will put the pressure on AT&T to also release it hopefully. Once the torch comes out I think its safe to assume AT&T will want at least a month where that's the only new blackberry available.

07-28-11 08:47 AM

PG
    How about the Torch2 and the 9860
    07-28-11 08:52 AM
    so i noticed that its been taking awhile because they have been filed testing this phone for no bugs im wondering why all the other phones being released by droid and stuff doesnt take so long to be field tested and do you think cus its taking so long to field test there will be minimum or 0 bugs to the phone?
    I am not sure the carriers worry about the hardware as much as the software, which is evident on how slow they are to release patches to production devices where we see leaks all the time. In the case of Android phones the OS is the same, just different hardware which changes the evaluation process time frame.
    07-28-11 09:05 AM
    the BUGS is that 9900 can;t autofocus..which is not good for some users.......hope rim will fix it asap/.
    07-28-11 12:28 PM
    the BUGS is that 9900 can;t autofocus..which is not good for some users.......hope rim will fix it asap/.
    That's NOT a bug, it's a hardware feature... and it cannot be fixed

07-28-11 02:42 PM
    So then say that's the case..between releasing the torch2, all touch and iphone 5 what time frame do u see the 9900 on Att? Thanks
    07-28-11 04:32 PM
    I would assume your talking about both the torches? Once verizon and tmobile start releasing the 9900 I think that will put the pressure on AT&T to also release it hopefully. Once the torch comes out I think its safe to assume AT&T will want at least a month where that's the only new blackberry available.

There is only one new Torch coming out, it is called the Torch 2
    07-28-11 04:41 PM
    So then say that's the case..between releasing the torch2, all touch and iphone 5 what time frame do u see the 9900 on Att? Thanks
    Late September
    motor96 likes this.
    07-28-11 04:43 PM
    Late September
    I guess I can live with that. I was just hoping it wasn't pushed to that November rumor date. 3 more months would be torturous. I guess I will get my fix playing with another carrier version and the T2. Thanks for the quick reply
    Last edited by motor96; 07-28-11 at 04:52 PM.
    07-28-11 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD