used my bold hard all day (9am-midnight). heavy use.

Still about 20% battery remaining. Man oh man is the battery life better now than when it launched!!

anyone else experiencing something similar?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-04-13 10:30 PM
    Well at the office, I usually have to plug it in a little after lunch at my desk. All in all, it comes down to the user, and his/her way they use the device. I get a sh!tload of emails, and roughly 80% are the ones that I HAVE to reply to, I'm constantly on BBM, checking Twitter, FaceBook, and news apps. To be quite honest, I'm surprised I get from 6AM[off charge], to 1:30PM until it gets to ~21%. That is when I plug that bad boy in to let it get some juice. Maybe you don't use your device that much. Who knows, I'm just saying...but to get that with a stock OS is pretty nifty
    02-04-13 10:52 PM
    Well maybe my "heavy" is not as heavy as yours haha. I get a decent amount of emails, mainly ones that don't require a response. But SMS, BBM, twitter and news app I do use a LOT.

I know it cannot explain the drastic difference we are reporting, but do emails drain your battery faster than other things (BBM etc?)
    02-05-13 12:17 AM
    I beat my to death until I got the playbook. That being said as of recently my b2rez (anyone remember that?) are not lasting so long. I'm charging twice daily and over night. At least it's not DROID bad. 5-6 times for my old moto x
    02-05-13 01:17 AM
    I never let mine get that low to be honest. When I get to 70 I start to panic and charge it if I'm around a charger.

I think I have a battery draining fear. Probably why I own 2 batteries, a spare battery charger and a seidio 3000mah battery and have rapid chargers laying around everywhere!

Sent from my game boy color
    02-05-13 11:21 PM
    Yeah. I've noticed that with 7.1 it has gotten a lot better untill the last vzw update it hasn't been on par. But still its got great battery life compared to a lot out there. But it also doesn't do as much as other. Still I wouldn't trade it for anything except a z or q 10
    02-07-13 01:24 AM
    I got a new battery for my 9900 Att after 14 months. Seems to last longer bewteen charges. One question-if I'm in a building with no phone reception but good Wifi, if I turn the Radio off , just have WIFI on, will it not drain my battery as bad having the radio on? Not searching for a signal or"SOS" ?
    02-07-13 03:39 AM
    I charge mine once a day and at night. It is still better than the iphone I had.
    02-07-13 08:01 AM
    mine lasts for a little around 12 hrs but my usage isnt as heavy.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Last edited by ojas541; 02-09-13 at 07:36 AM.
    02-07-13 08:27 AM
    i can get 9-10 hours hardcore use off mine. IF i turn OFF the wifi :-D with wifi, 6 or so before i have to plug it in, and thats while beating on it pretty good
    02-07-13 07:45 PM
    I have to say I'm impressed with my battery life. I'm coming from a Galaxy Note with a 2100 mah battery. When I sold it and decided to buy the BB 9900 I was worried that I wouldn't make a whole day of heavy usage. So I purchased a spare battery thinking it would come in handy, I have yet to use it. I unplug around 7am and with heavy usage, push notifications from Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Salesforce, Text messages and constant music, I usually hit low battery around 3 to 3:30 p.m. Out of curiosity I wondered how much longer until full empty. So, on two occasions I pushed the battery. I found out that not only did I make it home (6:00) the phone didn't technically die. It just turned the radio off. While not being able to make a call I was able to still listen to music! This phone is like the Little Engine that could! :-)
    02-07-13 08:26 PM
    My battery life has gotten better over time. Initially, it was so bad I got a spare. Now I can get thru work with heavy usage (lots of texting and emails, no calls) from 6am-3pm and still have 50% left.
    02-19-13 05:37 PM
    Turning your radio off will save considerable battery life. I turn mine off regularly when I'm not going to be using it for a while, or if I'm going to be in a bad reception area for a while which has wifi. The constant searching for a signal in a bad area really drains a battery fast.

02-20-13 12:08 AM
    Turning your radio off will save considerable battery life. I turn mine off regularly when I'm not going to be using it for a while, or if I'm going to be in a bad reception area for a while which has wifi. The constant searching for a signal in a bad area really drains a battery fast.

if thats the case dont buy a phone, it will be a waste of money.

I get through the whole day. 20% charge when i go to sleep.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    02-21-13 10:35 AM
    With two e-mail accounts, (send/receive 100 mails per day) - more or less constantly on the phone with clients (our company does not have land line, only cell phones) - checking and updating the calender at regular intervals - my terminal lasts me one full working day.

Wi-fi is on when in the office - and if have limited myself to EDGE for cellular data (good enough for e-mail).

I also sync Evernote and I use BlackBerry Travel.

Fairly good for a 1,23 amp battery.
    02-21-13 10:44 AM
    I just got the 9900 a couple days ago and have put it through some intensive use while setting it up, transferring hundreds of contacts, downloading and installing apps, customizing it, writing several texts and emails for work. And I have to say I'm impressed with the battery. I had charged it to full after I let it die on my first day. 21 hours later it was still at 5% when I was done for the day around midnight. Which impressed me because at 7pm I only had 17% battery and figured I'd have to charge it before my day was over, but between & and midnight it only dropped 12% and I was constantly back in forth messaging 4 people during that time. Just simply amazing. Didn't get that battery life on my iPhone 5 (for obvious reasons due to screen size and resolution, etc...). But I am happy to have a phone I can trust to last me the day and I don't feel as stressed when I leave my phone charger at home by accident!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    02-26-13 08:14 AM
    I just got the 9900 a couple days ago and have put it through some intensive use while setting it up, transferring hundreds of contacts, downloading and installing apps, customizing it, writing several texts and emails for work. And I have to say I'm impressed with the battery. I had charged it to full after I let it die on my first day. 21 hours later it was still at 5% when I was done for the day around midnight. Which impressed me because at 7pm I only had 17% battery and figured I'd have to charge it before my day was over, but between & and midnight it only dropped 12% and I was constantly back in forth messaging 4 people during that time. Just simply amazing. Didn't get that battery life on my iPhone 5 (for obvious reasons due to screen size and resolution, etc...). But I am happy to have a phone I can trust to last me the day and I don't feel as stressed when I leave my phone charger at home by accident!
    Buy a car charger, or bring a wall charger to work with you. Draining it that low then recharging it constantly will sufficiently reduce the lifespan of the battery
    svivs likes this.
    02-26-13 08:16 PM