Hi Guys,

Experience problems with battery life , well at least i think its a problem.

Im getting around 8-10 hours battery and not even using the phone, this is with the phone just idling and answer the odd text message.

I cant see where this power is going, i have all the usuals setup lower backlight disable bluetooth ect. I have the wifi on. I have facebook so it does not update news feed and do not use twitter or any other apps. Simple email bbm facebook.

On Its first charge i managed over a day and for some reason now the battery has become a lot less. Any ideas

Thanks Lee
    10-12-11 12:47 PM
    I hear ya....my usage is similar to yours and I have changed all of my settings, too, to take less juice. Still, the battery life is abysmal. My old 8330 could go 15 hours straight on all cylinders and never need a charge. This is very disappointing.
    10-12-11 01:57 PM
    when you got the phone you charged of charged it for a night or so and the battery life would improve. My 9900 lasts me about a day and a half with heavy usage and wifi turned on most of the time. If you do not need wifi dont use it and if a place has a bad reception switch the whole thing off completely
    12-21-11 02:55 PM
    Upgrade your OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-11 02:57 PM
    When you say you have wifi on are you connected to a network or do you just have it turned on?

Try rebooting the phone in safe mode and not opening any apps, then let it idle. If the battery gets better then you have a bad app or a bad app upgrade like to BB app world or something.

Who knows you might have a bad battery.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-21-11 03:24 PM
    I have kept gps location to e911 and wifi off unles I'm using it. Mine came off the charger at 6:00 am. Several texts, emails, calls and using wifi for an average of 3 hrs at work. I am home at 5:30 with 60% and plan on surfing on the network, texting and calling some more, before putting it back on the charger at 10:30 pm and have yet to see it below 25%. I have several apps installed but only the standard 5 are running in the background (press and hold bb key to see). You could look at the Application manager and scroll right or left to the cpu, memory and usage panels to find the battery hog. Keep us posted. Oh and by the way I do a soft reboot once a day for good measure. I used to do it on my old curve because I had to. Now I do it because I don't have to! Haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-11 07:56 PM
    Hopefully the official 7.1 will extend the battery life significantly... doubt it ...
    12-21-11 07:58 PM
    Check the CPU usage of all installed apps, not just the ones you're knowingly running. You'll be surprised to find that some may be using CPU even when you haven't touched them. This may not be the cause of poor battery drain, but it's worth a look.
    12-21-11 08:26 PM
    Woo-Hoo! Used the Nokia AC-6U charger for the first time last night. Got up this morning and unplugged the phone at 7. It's been a heavy usage day...lots of phone calls, emails, note taking, and the media player running in the background (paused) all day long. Now, at 11 past 10 at night, I've got 35% remaining! That's good enough for me, folks. As long as I can make it though the day without a charge, I'm good. Thing is, it's only been one day...but I'm hopeful for the future. Oh yeah...I had wi-fi on too. I'm also running .440 if that matters....
    Last edited by sulcopete; 12-21-11 at 09:16 PM. Reason: more info
    12-21-11 09:13 PM
    Woo-Hoo! Used the Nokia AC-6U charger for the first time last night. Got up this morning and unplugged the phone at 7. It's been a heavy usage day...lots of phone calls, emails, note taking, and the media player running in the background (paused) all day long. Now, at 11 past 10 at night, I've got 35% remaining! That's good enough for me, folks. As long as I can make it though the day without a charge, I'm good. Thing is, it's only been one day...but I'm hopeful for the future. Oh yeah...I had wi-fi on too. I'm also running .440 if that matters....

You say wifi was on, but was it connected to a network or did you just leave the radio on?

If you were connected then getting through the day is easy with wifi.

If you had 3G only connection then I would be impressed well kinda

I am using the 8530 flip blade charger and can pull it off the charger @ 5:30 am and have 50% left by 10:00 pm.

Lots of bbm, tapatalk, some browser.

I am using a butchered .374

Has been working out well.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-22-11 12:24 PM
    3 things to check:
    -latest OS installed which has low idle consumption (503,540)
    -No bad apps drawing battery(check application manager for usage
    -good signal, this is harder to check or remedy. 2g is off course uses less battery.

Always remember that if your battery feels warm, then its a strong indication that you either have bad signal or draining apps. Try to get cold battery, then you are set forlong battery life.
    12-22-11 12:49 PM
    if you use the phone as a nice device to show off with your friends, you get 16 hours usage
    if you try to speak to this phone, 14 hours
    if you speak and browse, 12 hours
    if you really use that phone, 8-10 hours
    12-22-11 02:07 PM
    Today my Momax battery arrived!
    Yey!
    I will write a review later.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-23-11 04:24 AM
    Well, i opened the boxes, i've read the instructions.
    First time i have to fully charge the battery. It seems it needs 8 hours to fully charge it.
    After that, i am gonna clone the battery.
    So, in 1-2 days i will tell you how it works.
    12-23-11 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD