as described in the title of this thread, the battery indicator on my phone doesn't go down so i am not able to see how much battery i have left. when i got a "battery too low for radio use" notification it displayed 97.

while this can be fixed by resetting the phone i'd like to know if there is a long-term solution for this issue. furthermore, even when i've reset it, i still get the "battery too low for radio use" when i least expect it. the last time it happened while indicating 33%

please tell me how i can fix this! tia
    12-25-12 12:31 PM
    It sounds like a battery sensor failure. I would start by testing a different battery in the phone, and/or your battery in another phone to discover whether the problem is in the battery or the phone itself.
    12-25-12 02:25 PM
    I have the same problem on my 9850. I haven't gotten around to ordering a new battery. Just wanted to chime in. Same exact symptoms.
    01-20-13 09:17 AM
    This started to happen with me on my 8300. It turned out the battery was almost dead (not just drained, but could no longer hold much charge). One day the phone just wouldn't turn on anymore.

When I closely examined the battery, I saw that it had become quite 'bulged' and not flat. So perhaps check to see if your battery is flat or has 'puffed out' in the middle. If it has puffed out, then it probably means you need a new one.
    01-23-13 12:46 AM
    sounds like you have a dead cell or two in the battery pak. i'd try a different one and see if the same thing happens.
    01-23-13 01:07 AM
    I wrote a bunch of posts about the included USB charger killing/not-charging batteries. Needless to say lots of people called me crazy.

My Wifes 9810 has the original battery and it still works like a charm. Her battery performance increased dramatically when moving away from the included USB charger and even went back to it after months of stellar performance, and after a week or so the battery was dying before she got home from work. She canned the BB charger and regained her normal battery performance and it is working just fine to this day.

I actually forgot about the "BB Charger Issue" and put the BB USB unit next to the bed about two weeks ago. A few days later I was noticing my battery at the critical (red) level just after lunch. About 10 days after switching back to the BB charger this is what my battery performance looks like.

It seems to me that "The Dying Of A Battery" would be a more gradual thing. Real life use of the BB charger as compared to other chargers has supported my suspicions 100%.

My suspicions? The Blackberry USB charger that came with the phone provides a substandard charge and shortens the life of the battery.

Ironic part? Karens 9810 is about 6 months older than my 9900.

I have a new battery coming from Crackberry, and it will never get used with the included BB charger.

FYI:

� "ACC-40871-301" is the OEM "RETAIL Packaging" for the battery and purchasing this will insure you are getting a "NEW" battery which is important. These will run you 20+ dollars.

� "BAT-30615-006" is also OEM but is "Not Retail Packaging" and includes used batteries. I'm not saying its impossible to get a good one this way but you should consider it "Pot Luck". These will run you 5+ dollars.
    L u i s likes this.
    01-23-13 11:12 PM