So I had Bold 9700 for over 2 years and I LOVED it.
    everyone always tell me blackberry is dead technology and to switch over to iphones or android, and i tell them they can shove those up their
    recently my blackberry 9700 just died, it stopped charging and stuff...

so im thinking of investing on a 9900.. but i feel really scared cuz of bad quality reviews i been hearing..
    like at amazon review, people been saying that it breaks fast, and at crackberry, i been reading about the phone being bricked and stuff..

I just want it to last me long time (atleast 2 - 3 years).
    what do you guys think ? should it be able to ?

Also, I like to use hybrid os on my device for battery life and such, but i feel like that contribute more to the problem of bricking or something.
    anon(749368) likes this.
    01-14-12 12:37 AM
    I have gone through 7 9900's, I would avoid.
    r3faat1 likes this.
    01-14-12 12:53 AM
    Thanks !
    that's all i wanted to hear..
    now I dont know what phone to get
    01-14-12 12:57 AM
    I have gone through 7 9900's, I would avoid.
    i m still on my first.... for some odd reason (being a frequent cb member) it seems to me that the bricking issue seems to happen to the same people OVER and OVER again.... Perhaps sample is skewed and they are doing something wrong (or the store they are getting these from have somethign wrong.)

Lacking Autofocus does suck a bit but otherwise im happy with my 9900
    01-14-12 12:58 AM
    If you loved the 9700, I think the jump to 9900 would suit you really well.
    I've been using a Mexico 4 model on T-Mobile USA for a couple months now and have had no problems except the no auto-focus issue with close-up pictures.
    I'm already looking forward to buying a brand spanking new 9900 again in 2 years when the price drops and my friends are carrying around tablet phones with portable keyboard docks lol
    01-14-12 02:13 AM
    Blackberries are like range rovers really nice but it's hit or miss when it comes to quality.
    anon(749368) likes this.
    01-14-12 03:15 PM
    Blackberries are like range rovers really nice but it's hit or miss when it comes to quality.
    What the ?! :')
    01-14-12 03:32 PM
    Mine is great, wouldn't hesitate to buy a new one. I rarely do macro shots, so the camera works just fine for me.

I was out busting drifts a week or two ago, taken with the 9900:
    Elbojemio likes this.
    01-14-12 04:49 PM
    I have had mine since launch and it is still going strong. No returns or bricking. Running OS .576 on AT&T.
    01-15-12 09:23 AM
    i had both 9700 and 9780... and i brought 9900
    and i am very happy...
    no problems at all...
    no nuke/bricking issues...
    9900 is very fruitful for people use smartphones for communication (email, IM, BBM, SMS, PIM, etc).
    keyboard is a luxury..
    best ever...
    01-15-12 10:51 AM
    Depending on your carrier, you could try it for a week or so and return it if you don't like it. I know with verizon you have two weeks which seems fair. After that, its under warrenty should something go wrong. If you're really concerned, get the insurance.

I've had my 9930 for two months now. I'm very happy although understand your concern about bricking, etc issues. And I don't understand people swapping out 5, 6, 7 phones. I can't help but wonder if they are messing around with them too much or trying to use apps that don't work on OS7. But overall, I'm happy with this phone and the keyboard is awesome!
    01-15-12 11:08 AM
    i am very cautious of getting one also. i was just recently at my buddies house and i went to show him the # finger salute and it didn't brick the phone but completely wiped everything. had a 517 error so ihad to reload everything even the os for him.

i wasn't a happy camper and it still left me skeptical.

and for what its worth he has no apps on the phone, he uses it strictly for work so not like it is a app causing the issues.
    01-15-12 11:19 AM
    Buy a backup 99xx, solved.
    Aomar7 likes this.
    01-15-12 11:35 AM
    I have had my bold 9900 since the day it has came out. I have had no issues with it at all. I don't know home some people can go through phones like that. I have had 4 blackberry's and had no problems on any one of those phones. I don't know whether people try to get it to brick or want it to, but honestly problems like bricking is one in a hundred thing. What about all those people that phones haven't brick who haven't posted on the internet. Bad news travels fast. Look at the playbook when it released, more bad then good was posted but now everyone loves them(almost?)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    PanaSama likes this.
    01-15-12 11:54 AM
    Had one since launch, no problems.
    01-15-12 12:21 PM
    had mine since the AT&T release on the 6th of November, and I'm running the stock OS that came with it. No problems here, and loving it!!!
    01-15-12 12:42 PM
    I think the folks who have had several go bad are doing something interesting with the phone. Think "kinky."
    01-15-12 12:55 PM
    I have had no issues with My 9900 on Bell Canada. Bought it the first week it was out, have lots of 3rd party apps, always load up the latest leaked os, I have let the battery completely drain a number of times, use it heavily and have never had an issue.

My kids have my old 9700 and 9780, they are great phones, when they start playing with the 9900 they love it especially the key board.

A lot of friends have the iphone which is a great phone too, for me personally I am old and decrepit so I need the qwerty hard keyboard. Having said that if my phone were to brick it will be replaced under Bell insurance but I would then sell it and get an iphone and learn to type on a glass keyboard.

Don't let a fear of bricking stear you away. I think it is a very few that have had problems. And unfortunately it can happen on any phone - Iphone, droid etc.

good luck with whatever you decide.
    01-15-12 02:00 PM
    I have had no problems with my 9930!! I have had mine since Verizon launched them and IMO its just gets better with time. I do a lot of beta testing on it for some app developers and still never had any problems. This to me is the best BB I have owned. Like other people have said b4 the people who hve gone thru 6 or 7 different 99xx have just been super unlucky. Good luck if u decide to go with the 99xx but I think u will truly enjoy it!!
    01-15-12 02:13 PM
    I've had my 9900 for 1 1/2 months now and absolutely no problems. I came from a 9700, which I loved. The 9900 is very well built and a joy to use. I can only tell you I used to do a lot more emailing from my computer than my phone when I had the 9700. Now I do the opposite.
    01-15-12 02:48 PM
    I would be very afraid and not even give it a chance. I even heard people call the 99XX Phones "The Boogie Man".
    01-15-12 03:12 PM
    supposedly the new QNX 9900 will be out this year. I would probably wait for that one. I personally am going through my first 9900 and am getting it replaced due to a defective camera (It shows lines). the 9900 is an amazing phone though and i feel like i will stick with this phone for awhile and that is something as most people know me as someone who changes their phones every 2-3 months (NOT EXAGGERATED!). hhaha
    01-15-12 05:16 PM
    Who said anything about a qnx 9900? All I've heard is a full touch one so far.
    01-16-12 07:04 PM
    No problems here Rogers 9900 Mexico 4 runs sweet !!!
    01-16-12 07:15 PM
    Any piece of technology out there is susceptible to issues, regardless of what brand or maker. That's why warranties exist. I wouldn't lose sleep over the ever-present remote possibility of your phone suddenly breaking.
    01-16-12 07:22 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD