Hello everyone,
    Im living in Vietnam and due to humidity or something else etc etc in here, the paint in 4 lines between the keyboard layouts start to fade away.

Resulting that in some place the paint fades away and you can see black dots wich is very very annoying. So some of the guys already either replace the keyboard coz of this (while it still works perfectly!) or just remove the whole paint.

Regardless of device carrier: AT&T, Verizon, Rogers, etc etc, all may have this problem.

While the bezel is made from inox itself, it will not have the issue as it have no paint in it lols. but the 4 stripes are made of plastic

So now the Blackberry is trully BLACK

Last edited by hieupham; 05-09-12 at 10:53 PM.
    05-09-12 10:50 PM
    Not sure how to help you. But it looks like a StealthBerry. Good luck. Someone here will have some help for you.

Sent from my VZW 9330.
    05-09-12 10:55 PM
    Not sure how to help you. But it looks like a StealthBerry. Good luck. Someone here will have some help for you.

Sent from my VZW 9330.
    It looks worse if you have let's say half black and half silver in stripes, or 1 stripe is black and the rest 3 is dotted etc etc

Btw we do have fancy ones that make golden benzen and stripes to their beloved BB 99

05-09-12 11:14 PM
    I have the same problem. My phone is a Mexico-4, not sure if that has something to with it. I also have the problrm where the paint is worn off the edges of the T and Y keys.
    05-10-12 02:42 AM
    I have the same problem. My phone is a Mexico-4, not sure if that has something to with it. I also have the problrm where the paint is worn off the edges of the T and Y keys.
    Doh thats too bad, even worse than the worn off of the silver paint in the stripes.
    05-10-12 02:47 AM
    The all black looks pretty cool. Congrats?
    05-10-12 10:53 AM
    I would love to have that. Looks like it's almost painted lmao. Look pretty nice on it!
    And that gold one looks nice, i'm currently looking for a good gold quality bezel though.
    05-10-12 11:52 AM
    With all that Gold plating, I would be too afraid to use the thing...LoL
    Spencerdl likes this.
    05-10-12 12:49 PM
    To the OP, I personally like that all black keypad look . What was the time frame (age) of the device when that started happening......KODOS to the GOLD 99xx, that looks good also.
    Last edited by spencerdl; 05-10-12 at 01:04 PM.
    05-10-12 01:01 PM
    Hey that looks pretty good
    I too am curious as to how long before your device started to shed it's shine.
    05-11-12 10:23 PM
    Some people have a higher ph and are more corrosive than others. No pun intended! . I have a friend who can corrode a nickle plated guitar bridge in 1 month. (True story). Personally I like the all black look. Don't feel cheated, I want one!
    05-11-12 11:27 PM
    I also like the all black look, good job I'd say! Although this for me is just another proof that RIM obviously has quality problems. Someing like this can happen either to el-cheapo "dumpphones" or maybe low-cost smartphones. But not to a 500,-� flagship device. That's simply annoying.

On another sidenote:
    How did you remove the paint? Did you carefully scratch it off with a knive? If so, I would be too much concerned to damage the keys when doing so. Also parts of the scratched paint might get in between or under the keys which might not be that good either.
    05-12-12 03:02 AM
    My keyboard on the bb is holding still for the moment but it already has some small black dots in the top stripe, i think its dut to near location to the trackpad. Vodafone uk device, i always prefer the Eu devices moar btw
    05-12-12 10:28 AM
    I also like the all black look, good job I'd say! Although this for me is just another proof that RIM obviously has quality problems. Someing like this can happen either to el-cheapo "dumpphones" or maybe low-cost smartphones. But not to a 500,-� flagship device. That's simply annoying.

On another sidenote:
    How did you remove the paint? Did you carefully scratch it off with a knive? If so, I would be too much concerned to damage the keys when doing so. Also parts of the scratched paint might get in between or under the keys which might not be that good either.
    I dont know the word but the man used a woman instrument for nails, a sharp one. After removing about 1 cm of the pait he clean it and continue. In the end he use a special paper to polish it
    05-12-12 10:31 AM
    mine is holding up well....all my prior bolds and tour def stripped paint...that gold bold is bad tho....
    05-12-12 10:55 AM
    mine came off within a month of careful use, the first batch of 9900 to arrive in malaysia by brightstar, hungary 2 model , hope rim can address this peeling for the future bb10 version of 9900! can't wait
    05-13-12 02:32 AM
    The black frets between the keys look cool. Kind of reminds me of when RIM came out with the 9780, which had that dark black look to it, not the chrome look of the 9700...
    05-13-12 04:07 AM
    The paint is kind of easy to shed off tho. Anyways I believe the degree is related to the climate, way of usage and ofc the batch, might be.
    Anyway the bb9900 and 9930 is not as tank-built like the 9700, 9780. The brick problem and never come back alive again is a very popular issue, its seems ro be fixed in the latter models from 11/2011 tho. We have lot of dead bb99 and the latter models and esp the white ones hold really well. All the previous Batches are related to L U C K
    05-13-12 06:43 AM
    Every blackberry I have ever owned has had this issue especially with the keys. The T and Y keys are the worst on my 9930.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-13-12 07:22 AM
    Switch to gold, you bought the 9900 to pimp. So pimp properly.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    05-13-12 10:53 PM
    Seems like a slight cosmetic issue. Doe it really bother you that much?
    05-14-12 11:54 AM
    If the stripes are totally blacked out it actually looks good that way.
    05-14-12 02:59 PM
    Seems like a slight cosmetic issue. Doe it really bother you that much?
    Absolutely, as the BB99 is designed for bussinesmen, the built quality and the look should be top-notch, that's what IMAGE is concerned and any issues like this is not acceptable!
    Imagine you see a partner with a phone/car etc etc in poor condition?
    05-14-12 10:25 PM
    That's odd. My keyboard is stock chrome plated.
    05-15-12 06:53 PM
    Still weird though, i have my 9900 for quite some time now but no way i can spot black paint fades on the silver stripes.
    05-15-12 06:56 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD