Hey guys. Really want to get a Bold 9900 but i am very picky about used cell phones. I just don't like them. I'd prefer to pay more for BNIB unit.

There was an ad for a brand new unused bold 9900 but when i looked at the pictures, it seems this could be a refurbished device. Can anybody who has gotten a sealed BNIB bold 9900 confirm that the screen and back plastic protector look like this? It looks a bit off, as if somebody just took a really new looking phone and put home-made screen protector to look it like its BNIB
    The guy selling it said Blackberry sent him this phone as a replacement (but it does have a retail box)

Please quickly, I will really appreciate it =)
    Here are the pics:

andy957 likes this.
    11-01-14 04:07 AM
    All I can say from those pictures is the plastic protectors have been reapplied badly. Factory original protectors do not have air bubbles and are properly aligned. Beyond that would be a guess.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 05:14 AM
    I agree. There is no way of telling what it really is. If you had it on hand then it would be really easy to tell by doing the following:
    Options/device/device and status info/. Now hold down the shift key (bottom left upper arrow) while typing "buyr" without the ditto marks. Scroll to bottom of screen and it will tell you the actual data and phone usage and will also say "refurbished" if indeed it is a refurb unit. And of course there should be close to zero data and phone usage if the device is supposed to be new. "buyr" stands for buyer's remorse.

I remember doing this same step on a BB9900 I once bought on Ebay which was supposed to be new but after I punched in the buyer, I saw lots of data and phone usage so I quickly returned it. The vendor apologized and sent me a new one which checked out ok when I tested it.
    11-01-14 07:30 AM
    Factory protectors do not have pink pull tabs or bubbles.
    11-01-14 04:58 PM