My bluetooth headset (Jawbone Era) on my Verizon 9930 keeps shutting off for no reason during a call or even if I've got it on and am not talking to anyone. I don't drop the call - it comes through my speaker until I activate Bluetooth again - but am wondering if there's a way to fix this. The headset is charged well enough as well. The headset isn't turning off, it's the connection. It'll say "connection to Jawbone ERA terminated" and then it might say "would you like to connect to Jawbone ERA," and I'll click "yes" again and it works fine and I don't drop the call. I can even hit the BB key and click "activate bluetooth" on the phone during the call and it'll reactivate, but it's just a pain to deal with when I'm going 70 down the Interstate.
    And I've searched the forums and gotten some help, but I have no idea what a "cod" is or at least where to find it and change it, so if you can give me directions, I'm all eyes. I'm currently running OS7.0.0 Bundle 1739, so if that helps and anyone out there and if anyone can give me suggestions based on that, please do. Tks.
    11-26-11 09:06 PM
    My ATT 9900 does that with a Plantronics, so I guess we can rule out the Jawbone.
    11-26-11 10:25 PM
    Mine works great with UConnect in the car and also with a Bluetooth dongle on my desktop. Sorry to hear yours isn't working.

I would update the phone to 7.0.0.374, I believe that is the latest OS for the 9930.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by olblueyez; 11-26-11 at 10:41 PM.
    11-26-11 10:38 PM
    I think I know what it is. I think we are accidentally touching the touchscreen when holding our phones if on a call and hitting "speaker." I did it tonight and I saw that I did hit speaker on it and it switched to speaker phone. I hit "bluetooth" and it went right back. I'm new at the touchscreen, so I guess I'll have to take that into account when holding my phone when on a call. Although it might've happened when it was back in the case too, I guess I'll just have to see what happens again if it does it again, but for now I'm just gonna be extra-careful when using my bluetooth and holding my phone to take another call or something.
    11-27-11 01:25 AM
    I thought that too at first. It's not going to speaker. It's going to handset and forgetting it was ever connected to the BT headset. On mine it will do it with the screen locked. It drops calls on BT also.
    11-27-11 02:06 AM
    Newest OS available?
    11-27-11 04:41 PM
    Nope. OE 440 from ATT. I don't think it's an OS thing with these. One look at the build quality and it's obvious they must have put out a LOT of ****e hardware.
    11-27-11 06:00 PM
    I don't know, mine did it today and it seemed as if I was near enough to the touchscreen to hit "speaker." I love my new Bold 9930, but I'm not a big fan of the way they have the in-call menu set up. I guess I'll have to learn to deal with it. Of course, I stuck with my Bold 9650 up until two weeks ago and was still using OS 5, so I'm old school, but I'll get used to it eventually.
    11-27-11 06:06 PM
    Nope. OE 440 from ATT. I don't think it's an OS thing with these. One look at the build quality and it's obvious they must have put out a LOT of ****e hardware.
    440 to 540 is a big improvement in many ways. If you are a build quality expert and dissaprove of RIM's build quality than why not just return the phone and get an Apple or Android?
    Last edited by olblueyez; 11-28-11 at 08:40 PM.
    11-28-11 08:34 PM
    The leaked OS 7.1 still disconnects and reconnects out of no reason from my car GPS, Audio/Video system. This is annoying.
    11-28-11 09:19 PM
    540 Works great with mine. Never fails. I wonder if we all have the same car?
    11-28-11 10:36 PM
    440 to 540 is a big improvement in many ways. If you are a build quality expert and dissaprove of RIM's build quality than why not just return the phone and get an Apple or Android?
    One needn't be expert, only gifted with eyesight. and it's more than just sloppy manufacturing. Again, no expertise required to realize this. If I wanted an apple or an android I would have purchased one. So far the foibles on my 9900 are on the tolerable end of the scale.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 11-29-11 at 07:34 AM. Reason: language
    11-29-11 12:05 AM
    Focus on helping guys!

Anyways, my BT seems fine, BUT I have had BT issues on other devices, including those from Apple and the "Google" family. I think it's partly just the nature of bluetooth. Have you tried deleting the profile and then pairing it again?
    11-29-11 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD