Hey fellow CBer's,

Gf got me a Jawbone bluetooth earpiece - too bad it's not compatible with blackberry

I am always multitasking and am in need of a bluetooth earpiece.

I need some recommendations on the best ones!

Thanks!
    04-01-12 11:11 PM
    I don't have the 9900 - but various Moto models have always worked with BB phones for past several years.
    04-01-12 11:18 PM
    ^ Thanks, I am sure I can find models that will work with BB.

However I am looking for some of the top end stuff, the best bluetooth earpieces. I might as well need the great stuff out there because I will be using this on a constant basis.

Also, if this belongs in the accessories section, mods please move
    04-01-12 11:22 PM
    Hey fellow CBer's,

Gf got me a Jawbone bluetooth earpiece - too bad it's not compatible with blackberry

I am always multitasking and am in need of a bluetooth earpiece.

I need some recommendations on the best ones!

Thanks!
    Not compatible, I have a jawbone on my 9860 & it works great. Would not use any other. What exactly are you looking for in a Blue tooth.
    04-01-12 11:24 PM
    ^Are you questioning me saying it's not compatible? I don't understand lol sorry

I was reading online that the Jawbone is not compatible with the blackberry? You're saying you use it with your 9860?

How did you connect yours? The bluetooth won't pair with it because anytime I search, it says no device found...

Many thanks in advance for your help!
    04-01-12 11:32 PM
    ^Are you questioning me saying it's not compatible? I don't understand lol sorry

I was reading online that the Jawbone is not compatible with the blackberry? You're saying you use it with your 9860?

How did you connect yours? The bluetooth won't pair with it because anytime I search, it says no device found...

Many thanks in advance for your help!
    Do you have the user guide for the jawbone?
    04-01-12 11:42 PM
    No I don't
    04-02-12 12:10 AM
    ^ Thanks, I am sure I can find models that will work with BB.

However I am looking for some of the top end stuff, the best bluetooth earpieces. I might as well need the great stuff out there because I will be using this on a constant basis.

Also, if this belongs in the accessories section, mods please move
    I have been using Motorola headsets with my BB phones for many years. Think the first model was the H710, now use the H720 for past 3 years or so. Wife just got the H730. I wear mine all day and into the evening. Almost never take it off. Sound quality is excellent. They aren't expensive - under $40 on Amazon. I don't know how much better one could be that warrants the $80 to $100 some makers charge.
    The life time seems to range from 1 to 3 years. The one I have is well over 2 years old - but others haven't lasted as long. Wife just had her 720 die at about a year. Of course they average 10-14 hours a day.
    The batteries on headsets are not replaceable.
    04-02-12 12:24 AM
    I had the original Jawbone. I'm sorry, but that miserable lump of excrement was so profoundly hideous by any metric, there is simply no way the company responsible for it is in any way capable of creating even a modestly competent product.
    04-02-12 12:37 AM
    I have been using Motorola headsets with my BB phones for many years. Think the first model was the H710, now use the H720 for past 3 years or so. Wife just got the H730. I wear mine all day and into the evening. Almost never take it off. Sound quality is excellent. They aren't expensive - under $40 on Amazon. I don't know how much better one could be that warrants the $80 to $100 some makers charge.
    The life time seems to range from 1 to 3 years. The one I have is well over 2 years old - but others haven't lasted as long. Wife just had her 720 die at about a year. Of course they average 10-14 hours a day.
    The batteries on headsets are not replaceable.
    I concur. The reason I stopped using them is they are worthless in a noisy environment. I got a Plantronics Voyager Pro which will let me voice dial on the freeway with the window down, but it lacks the volume and comfort of the Motos.
    04-02-12 12:46 AM
    I have a 9930 and use a Jawbone ERA. Its a very nice bluetooth and works perfect. Top of the line for what I need it for.
    04-02-12 12:54 AM
    I have a blueant q1 which works okay with the blackberry.
    04-02-12 01:53 AM
    I've been using the Jawbone Icon with my 9900 for about 6 months now. It works great for me.
    04-02-12 05:08 AM
    I have a Moto H780, and I love it.

I carry my BB9900 in addition to a "company" issued Motorola phone, and the H780 is paired to both (one of the features that sold me on it). It reads both phones, and whichever one rings, I can answer it with the simple push of a button.

I usually only use it when I'm driving, and it works well in the car.

<Edit> Forgot to mention that I previously used it with my BB9700, and simply re-paired it to the 9900 when I got it about six months ago. Simple to do, and flawless.

04-02-12 06:44 AM
    I use a Blueparrott B250-XT. Yeah, it's an over the head set. But know what? It kicks any earpiece to the curb. You will be heard and understood no matter the background noise, and you can hear you caller with no problem ever. That boom microphone is the best way to do things.

Earpieces are OK in a quiet environment. But if you're in a car, you want the BT250.
    04-02-12 07:10 AM
    My jawbone works great with my 9900.
    And for music / alternative to my Jawbone I use a set of the SkullCandy earbuds. The volume/ pause inline control works great so my BB can stay in my pocket and I can control sound right from the wire.
    04-02-12 09:33 AM
    I've been using the Jawbone Icon with my 9900 for about 6 months now. It works great for me.
    Same for me. Prior to the 9900, I used the icon with my 9700.
    04-02-12 10:02 AM
    I got the jawbone connected. The dam thing just needed to be charged

I am using it now and everything seems great so far.

I don't need it in the car because my car has bluetooth. I need it when im on the go and when im sitting on the computer multitasking
    04-02-12 06:48 PM
    I use a Blueparrott B250-XT. Yeah, it's an over the head set. But know what? It kicks any earpiece to the curb. You will be heard and understood no matter the background noise, and you can hear you caller with no problem ever. That boom microphone is the best way to do things.

Earpieces are OK in a quiet environment. But if you're in a car, you want the BT250.
    Have one. The Plantronics Voyager Pro has better noise cancellation. Voice dialing is much easier than with the Parrot. Has to do with the clarity of the mic. If you don't believe me, ask the people you are talking to.
    04-02-12 08:13 PM
    Jawbone icon works just fine. I prefer my plantronics 975 discovery over my icon. Better sound in my ear.
    04-02-12 08:59 PM
    I actually use the same headset I use for my PS3, works great:
    Amazon.com: PS3 Bluetooth Headset: Video Games
    04-02-12 09:05 PM

You bet! Nothing beats that headset, except the new B250-XT+. Better talk time and better noise surpression with even better audio quality in the earpiece! Only issue it that it's so damn bulky, but I can live with that. Jawbone's suck big time - nothing beats this Blue Parrot device, nothing!
    Last edited by FBA; 04-09-12 at 06:08 PM.
    04-02-12 10:21 PM
    You bet! Nothing beats that headset, expect the new B250-XT+. Better talk time and better noise surpression with even better audio quality in the earpiece! Only issue it that it's so damn bulky, but I can live with that. Jawbone's suck big time - nothing beats this Blue Parrot device, nothing!
    Plantronics Voyager Pro kicks it right in the taco. I've owned about 20 different BT sets. Seriously. I do extensive evals on them. The noise suppression and quality of the mic on the Parrot is inferior. This makes voice dialing difficult and makes you sound like a tw*t to the person you are calling.
    04-03-12 10:21 AM
    Can't beat the Blue Ant Q2!! Phone book import from your phone for spoken caller ID, voice dialing, audio streaming, dual mics for wind/noise reduction - only issue is the little rubber "bumper" has lousy glue that lets go and gets "mushy".

There was a review of the BB bluetooth within the last 2-3 weeks, seemed pretty good, and it LOOKED good, too.
    04-03-12 10:30 AM
    I have the Jawbone Icon and it works fine with my 9850, but I can not sync it to my PB wich is a pain. Would be nice if this would work....just don't understand why BB products are not compataible across the board for things like this...
    04-09-12 12:17 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD