Bluetooth connectivity issues after 7.1 9930 update
08-30-12 10:14 PM
- I've been having a connection problem when streaming music to my bluetooth stereo headset after this update that i've never had before. I didn't notice the problem until i tried playing a youtube video where there wouldn't be any audio in the first seconds of the video then once the audio would start it would seem to cut in and out every half second or so. Mind i had been streaming music through the media player just fine all day. Once the cutout starts to happen it effects all media streaming which is highly annoying. the only solution is to restart my headset or a batt pull. I've also deleted the bluetooth profile and created a new to one to see if that would work but no dice.
anyone else experiencing this??12-20-11 04:02 PM
- I have an issue with Voice Command over Bluetooth in this release as well...almost no volume in the prompts and very poor voice recognition, but I don't use streaming music so I can't say...
I'm sure your issue is due to the release...as I know mine is and quite often, RIM breaks things from one release to another. Poor software engineering, poor coders etc...12-22-11 12:53 AM
- no. honestly i cant believe this os got pushed to you guys cause after using 22.214.171.124 on my 9900 for two days, it's faaaaaar from ready. like, faaaaaaaaar lol. even urs. i had huge bluetooth and media problems right of the bat with my phone. i reco you go back to .585 or whatever ur last os release was and wait for at least the .2xx if not .3xx release. cause .74 was seriously some early beta stuff and i can't imagine the .16x whatever u guys have is staggeringly different. i miss the hotspot and wifi calling though lol.12-22-11 04:52 AM
- 9930/126.96.36.199 Bluetooth
I am having issues connecting my bluetooth to my phone after I upgraded my OS. It cant find my bluetooth. I could connect it with no problem before the upgrade, and I can connect it with other phones.
I was actually forced to upgrade when I received a error 102 and it was stuck in Reset mode.
Now I can't connect to my bluetooth.
Any suggestions besides going back in the OS?01-18-12 01:54 PM
- Ever since I upgraded my 9810 to OS 7.1 my Bluetooth connection to my car keeps failing. It would work and then it would stop pairing. I have to re-pair them up over and over again. I am so disappointed with this OS!! I was a BB faithful but now I am thinking of switching to another device!!03-15-12 01:33 PM
- I too have had the same annoying re-pairing with my car thru Bluetooth. Sometimes I don't have to re-pair but most of the time I do. I take it there is no fix yet?
I see RIM has lots on their plate now but it costs way more $$ to get new customers than keeping those they have happy. Sure hope they remember this basic fact...soon.03-31-12 10:41 AM
- Ditto on issues w the official Bell os 7.1 update. Oddly, I was OK w bt audio on the earlier leaked version. I may try a downgrade to os 7.0 and then go to the official 7.1. Failing that, I am going back to the leaked os 7.1.
I love the hotspot addition to the os. Nice way to tether my android wifi tablet to take advantage of my small business data plan.
Last edited by tarnold63; 04-04-12 at 07:33 PM. Reason: spelling04-04-12 07:12 PM
- So by pure fluke, while still having the continual pairing problems with my car, I happen to get into my car while on a call. I started my car and the thing connected right up. I continued my call thru the car-bluetooth and it stayed connected from then on...till I shut the car off. It is pretty frustrating so my workaround is going to be I'm calling my voicemail as I start my car. It connects. I hang up. Dumb... but still easier than going thru all the re-pairing BS every time.04-12-12 08:14 PM
- I had the same problem with my bluetooth on 2011 Kia Sportage. Apparently people with 1st generation bluetooth is fine. My car has 2nd generation bluetooth and it worked beautifully with older OS but when I upgraded my 9810 to 7.1 the pairing kept failing. I got fed up so downgraded to 7.0. Very disappointing that RIM failed on this OS upgrade (among others)!!!05-15-12 02:41 PM
- Not sure if anyone else is having continued issues with their bluetooth headsets...but i have tried 2 different plantronics headsets with my 9930 that has the most up to date software. The result is quite bad. Its so bad that it sounds like a really terrible quality phone call with intermittent fade in and out of the sound.
I"ve deleted and re-added each of these headsets a few times, did a battery pull, all to no effective improvement. What's weird is that the bluetooth phone call audio was working perfectly fine until the last week or so. Its almost like my bluetooth radio in the phone is slowly and gradually crapping out...is this possible?
Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? I hesitate to have the phone exchanged for a refurbished one as this one was brand new and activated just a month ago or so and working perfectly fine.08-29-12 11:05 PM
- FYI...after more testing...I have discovered my bluetooth headset with my 9930 work perfectly FINE if I am in my car / office / anywhere. As soon as I enter my apartment any headset begins to receive with what appears to be severe interference. This is quite surprising, as I do not believe I have any active bluetooth devices activated and running. I also though that bluetooth frequencies usually do not interfere with each other...but I must be wrong. My conclusion is that there must be somewhere below / next to my apartment, other residents that must have their computer bluetooth running. Hopefully, this will help anyone who has had similar issues.08-30-12 10:14 PMLike 1
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900
Bluetooth connectivity issues after 7.1 9930 update
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD