I've received 2 emails today that were completely blank in the text body. If I hit get images nothing happens. If I click get plain text I get text but its a mess and unreadable. Somehow these html emails aren't rendering correctly..and one of them was from RIM!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-24-12 11:53 PM
    I have faced this problem too..
    Text are all overlapped..
    I use web mail to view it.
    No cure till now...
    05-25-12 12:02 AM
    Ditto, same problem here. Blank HTML emails (some of them), text version works but this is useless. Also got an email from RIM that came through as blank. This is ridiculous...
    09-14-12 11:29 AM
    Glad I'm not the only one. Ironic how emails from RIM don't render on their own devices. The only other sender that has issues are update emails from Twitter.

09-14-12 12:30 PM
    Yes, I experience this with email from twitter once in a while.
    tmdz99 likes this.
    09-14-12 04:30 PM
    Yep, been having this problem since I upgraded to 7.1.0.580, on a Verizon 9930. I use "Show Me The Images," but it is not able to load the HTML, either. It seems to only be happening in my Hotmail account, but in my other email accounts I don't tend to get a whole lot of HTML emails, just text. Any of this in common with the rest of you?
    09-14-12 05:57 PM
    All of you guys, resend service books. Options/Device/Advanced System Settings/Host Routing Table/Menu/Register Now. The only time I had my email and text accounts both go sideways at the same time this fixed it almost instantly. Best of luck and I really hope this does you all some good!
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-14-12 09:46 PM
    All of you guys, resend service books. Options/Device/Advanced System Settings/Host Routing Table/Menu/Register Now. The only time I had my email and text accounts both go sideways at the same time this fixed it almost instantly. Best of luck and I really hope this does you all some good!
    Thanks! I tried it and it did solve the issue for me. Went back and tried to open emails that were blank previously, and they now open properly and download images. Something must have gotten messed up in the process of the software upgrade.
    09-18-12 12:29 AM
    Also get this when I get emails from Twitter
    09-18-12 03:24 AM
    I am now getting this problem from an increasing number of senders - anything from Apple, Twitter, Paypal etc. Some emails work, some don't so there appears to be no logic to the problem. What is even more confusing is that when I reboot the phone, the first html email I open renders fine but then if I exit and try to reopen the email again, it just displays blank.

This is crazy! Has anyone worked out a fix? I am starting to think this is a conspiracy by Apple et al. to get people to switch to iOS or Android devices!
    11-13-12 05:36 AM
    In email press menu/select get images.
    11-13-12 06:26 AM
    Me too, most emails from Twitter are blank.

I'm using the app "Show Me the Images" that automatically downloads the images in html emails.

I thought it was the app, but it seems like a lot of you aren't using that, so I guess its a Blackberry thing.
    11-15-12 09:54 AM
    In email press menu/select get images.
    Its not about images. The entire email comes in blank with just the subject heading and we are not able to isolate the problem on an HTML level as the same piece of code produces inconsistent result (show or no show). This is a total nightmare for me as I am the one coding the emails and not able to pinpoint the cause to this.

A question to those who are having the problem, are you using a company phone? through Exchange or some sort?
    11-20-12 02:16 PM
    I am using a yahoo account on BIS. Weird thing is that emails from Blackberry also do it too. It is kinda lame and frustrating. Someone suggested resending service books or deleting and adding back the email account. It worked but then would default back to the same problem. Sometimes if the email doesn't propagate, I close it and reopen and it will work.

11-20-12 02:29 PM
    Im on BIS using my personal Blackberry and still have this problem. It happens all the time with emails from Twitter, Apple, and iTunes.
    11-20-12 02:34 PM
    Seen this on my BIS, and also my girlfriend's BES. As stated above, closing the email and reopenning reveals the body.
    11-20-12 03:58 PM
    Double check this, in your email, press the BB 7buttons go to options then click on email preference and make sure enable html email box has a check mark.

Not 100% but worth a quick check
    11-20-12 06:22 PM
    Stab in the dark I'd have taken too, but definitely checked.
    11-20-12 06:55 PM
    Has anyone ever figured out a solution to the blank HTML emails that only happens with certain emails? Usually Twitter & RIM emails are affected. I have this problem with the marketing email engine we use at work, and it's very very frustrating! Has anyone who has had the problem seen it disappear with a newer OS, or a hybrid? Thanks.
    01-28-13 06:36 AM
    Yes I found a solution. I ditched my 9900 and got a Nexus 4. Problem solved. Hopefully BB10 won't have weird bugs like that.
    01-28-13 10:40 AM
    Did everyone miss the post about resending your service books? One user replied that it fixed their issue. Might be worth a shot.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    01-28-13 11:16 AM
    Yes resending service books will fix it temporarily. IMHO unacceptable for this day and age. I did that a few times and just gave up.
    01-28-13 12:24 PM
    Ahhh, right - I've been having this problem with emails from Twitter and 1 or 2 other email senders. I'm resending my service books now. Thanks for the reminder!
    01-28-13 01:13 PM
    One of our tech folks followed up with RIM. Their response isn't really acceptable, but it is what it is:

This is something we have definitely have heard of and tested, it is an issue with the BlackBerry OS 7.1.

As I am sure you have seen it is very intermittent such as if you restart your blackberry it works for the first open, sometimes if you open multiple email and then return to the ‘blank’ email it will open as well. It affects any HTML email with a higher level of HTML complexity such as those with META-tags and/or CSS. This is occurring for any email deployed with these HTML components regardless of platform or who is sending the mailing. From our understanding by talking to BlackBerry – this should not be a problem on the new BB10 and a VERY limited audience is on 7.1 – they gave me a percentage before but I have forgotten.

I guess we wait for BB10 ...
    01-29-13 10:06 AM
    This has been an ongoing problem for me as well... all twitter emails (RTs, DM, and @replies) show up blank. Have resent service books multiple times just to have the first email open fine but after that blank again. quite annoying....sucks i cant upgrade to BB10 anytime soon. Apple bandwagon here i come
    01-31-13 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD