Do all extended batteries require the backdoor to be replaced?
    07-23-11 01:11 AM
    Not all, but most do. Seidio typically makes two for the poopular BlackBerrys, one with just a mikd increase to keep the original form and door, and a mondo extended version that requires the bigger door.

Other aftermarket batteries, majority do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-11 01:14 AM
    Not all, but most do. Seidio typically makes two for the poopular BlackBerrys, one with just a mikd increase to keep the original form and door, and a mondo extended version that requires the bigger door.

Other aftermarket batteries, majority do.

How many extra batteries do you reccomend i buy? for my droid i had 3 extra batteries im out like the whole day text alot use gps face book
    07-23-11 01:20 AM
    Probably one should work. I use my 9670 all day and it lasts a good majority of it (this is constant literally non stop use). If I had an extended it would last longer. Bold's tend to have more powerful batteries to begin with from what I am told. It's nothing like droid, BB is known for good battery life.
    07-23-11 01:25 AM
    How many extra batteries do you reccomend i buy? for my droid i had 3 extra batteries im out like the whole day text alot use gps face book
    I have one of the BlackBerry's with a low battery life, and I can get thru on 2-3 charges a day, but I'm a notorious battery serial killer.

Many folks get thru on a single charge, but I tend to be on my almost constantly. I know some basic users that get 2 days, but I run through 4-6 GB of data a month. Experiences will vary. When I used the Tour, I had a 2600 mah extended that would make it for a full day. With my Style, I top it off any chance I get, because as soon as I stop, I'm gonna be abusing it again.

07-23-11 01:34 AM
    I too use the style. Great phone but want the Bold Touch. hope angry farm works on it lol
    07-23-11 01:47 AM
    I too use the style. Great phone but want the Bold Touch. hope angry farm works on it lol
    Don't feel like you're the only one. My wife wants my Style. I want the BlackBerry Bold Touch. And I'm sure they'll port it over ASAP. But part of my reasoning is that I'm anticipating that it will be popular and widespread enough for Seidio and Mugen to kick out some hi-cap batteries to support it.

07-23-11 01:56 AM
    I want more accessories. I like cases with belt clips, particularly high impact cases. I work outside and need extra protection for the phone.
    07-23-11 01:58 AM
    I want more accessories. I like cases with belt clips, particularly high impact cases. I work outside and need extra protection for the phone.
    That's one of those other things mitigated by a device's popularity. That's one of the many reasons I'm hoping to see a broad-spectrum release instead of this 'exclusive' crapola. That is for the Angry Birds, frankly

I also find it interesting to see that it's a metal chassis. Here's to a successful venture!

07-23-11 02:25 AM
    So lets say i bought an extra standard battery what would last longer those two standard batteries or one extended batttery? or are they the same
    07-23-11 02:39 AM
    Oh another question i need a belt clip holster kind one like the one bb gives you in the box but i need one thats stable and wont fall off i tend to get into a lot of fights and hope it wont fall off any good ones you prefer?
    07-23-11 02:46 AM
    Last week I contacted Seidio with the following question:
    Dear Sir/Madam,

Though the Blackberry Bold 9900 has not been released yet, I was wondering if Seidio is planning to make a slim battery with extended battery life. Considering the sleek design of the 9900, would it even be possible to make a more powerful battery without having to replace the battery door? Thank you in advance.
    Their reply:
    Thank you for contacting Seidioonline.com. We have not finalized plans on making accessories for the Blackberry 9900, however we will forward your request to product development. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 832-204-1118.

Thank you,
    Customer Service

Seidio Customer Service
    So basically, they could/would not tell me if it's even possible to make an extended battery that fits with the original battery door. How long does it usually take for Seidio to come with battery replacements after release? How long did it take with 97xx Bolds?
    07-23-11 03:22 AM
    2 standard should last longer than 1 extended. But it all depends on the battery size used. Sorry you get in fights so much. That's not good hopefully you are alright. I tend to get in physical altercations from time to time at work as well. I prefer otterbox cases. Durable run around 50 bux for excellent protection, 25 for minimal. Very solid. Although they come with a holster not a slide in case. If you get one of the cases from otterbox and a large durable belt case you should be in really good shape

EVOP likes this.
    07-23-11 03:24 AM
    2 standard should last longer than 1 extended. But it all depends on the battery size used. Sorry you get in fights so much. That's not good hopefully you are alright. I tend to get in physical altercations from time to time at work as well. I prefer otterbox cases. Durable run around 50 bux for excellent protection, 25 for minimal. Very solid. Although they come with a holster not a slide in case. If you get one of the cases from otterbox and a large durable belt case you should be in really good shape

ah i get ya i dont plan on buying a case to protect it from dropping because it looses its looks plus a phone is replaceable id rahter just have a slide in case to look professional
    07-23-11 04:25 AM
    Oh another question i need a belt clip holster kind one like the one bb gives you in the box but i need one thats stable and wont fall off i tend to get into a lot of fights and hope it wont fall off any good ones you prefer?
    LOL! Otterbox. It will turn the sleek 9900 into a huge ugly rubberized brick so you can use it as a weapon.

I have never found any 3rd party battery that was the same size to deliver grater power than the original OEM. They are all using the same battery chemistry and getting more out of the same size would provide marginal if not imaginary gains in capacity.

It amazes me that you admit that you get into a lot of fights and tells us much.
    07-23-11 06:20 AM
    LOL! Otterbox. It will turn the sleek 9900 into a huge ugly rubberized brick so you can use it as a weapon.

I have never found any 3rd party battery that was the same size to deliver grater power than the original OEM. They are all using the same battery chemistry and getting more out of the same size would provide marginal if not imaginary gains in capacity.

It amazes me that you admit that you get into a lot of fights and tells us much.
    lol well yeah i thought id get better opinions if i included that information
    07-24-11 04:43 PM
    In this video it says the NFC antenna is in the battery door. I wonder how this will affect extended batteries that are larger than that of the OEM.
    08-03-11 07:17 PM
    Any special battery doors wreak havoc on 3rd party battery + door combos.

It makes them harder to manufacture and more expensive.
    08-03-11 07:20 PM
    I'm going to go for the spare battery / charger / splitter combo being sold here, assuming battery life becomes an issue. The 9900 battery looks very thin and small enough to slide into my wallet unnoticed until that time comes when I really need it.

08-03-11 07:33 PM
    I'm going to go for the spare battery / charger / splitter combo being sold here, assuming battery life becomes an issue. The 9900 battery looks very thin and small enough to slide into my wallet unnoticed until that time comes when I really need it.

Masahiro, when you get your hands on 9900. Can you provide some feedback. I might have to order from Rogers since AT&T might not get it later in the year. Let me know what your thoughts are when you get this device. How do you rate the keyboard and screen size etc...... Thanks!
    08-03-11 07:37 PM
    Haha. I'm sure you'll be hearing from me and tons of other people on this board. Then you never hear from most of those people again... Until the next Bold, that is. Haha.

data77 likes this.
    08-03-11 09:53 PM
    The real issue is going to be will Seidio make their extended battery door for the 9900/9930 with an integrated NFC antenna, if they don't its a non-starter. Whether or not you use it, why would you downgrade the features of your phone, I know I wouldn't.
    08-04-11 07:17 AM
    The real issue is going to be will Seidio make their extended battery door for the 9900/9930 with an integrated NFC antenna, if they don't its a non-starter. Whether or not you use it, why would you downgrade the features of your phone, I know I wouldn't.
    I have the Seidio extended battery on my 9650 to get through the day. I guess the NFC will either eliminate the Seidio or drive up the $$
    08-04-11 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD