wait I know this has been around a few times. but its not what you think.
    I have a change to get a BB 9930 on the sprint network. I can trade my iphone for 9930. what do you guy think of that trade. some people say Rim is circling the drain. thanks I haven't had a BB for over a year now and still miss it.
    07-09-12 08:28 PM
    I am confused. Most people are looking to go from a BB to an iPhone. Why are you looking to go from an iPhone to a BB? I have a Tour and I am waffling between a 9930 on Sprint or iPhone or the new GS3.
    07-09-12 08:47 PM
    what reasons do you have for making the trade. if you want a keyboard then the 99xx is prolly the best you can get. If you like taking pictures then the iphone is a clear winner IMO. Need some more info reall
    07-09-12 08:51 PM
    I am looking at doing the exact same thing. I want to get rid of my iPhone4 and get an 9900. Partly because my network is slow and want to change and also because I just don't like my iPhone anymore. I don't use 90% of the apps. My cameras were sh*t to begin with and I'm no photographer so idc about that. I'm really keen to get my hands on a touchscreen with a qwerty keyboard instead f a full touchscreen. But reading through the first few pages on this subforum has me worried about getting a 9900. They seem to be having a lot of kinks to work out and a lot of phones bricked or nuked..? Or is that just because people are just posting for help...

Sorry for threadjack lol
    07-09-12 09:01 PM
    I have all the apps from rexwireless only the TDM work on the iphone. and really cant use the other apps from apple all they are is games.
    07-09-12 09:11 PM
    I canned my iPhone 4 for a 9900 after 8 weeks with the iPhone. Haven't looked back and have had ZERO issues with my 9900. If you want it go for it.
    07-09-12 09:13 PM
    I'm either going from the 9930 to a iphone 5 or bb10. I want the iphone for xbox 360 app and netflix. If bb10 doesn't have these 2 small apps I'm done with blackberry. No one seems to make apps for blackberry anymore and it makes me sick. Everywhere you look "availible for iOS/Android".
    07-09-12 09:26 PM
    The 9930 is a great device. The combination of the keyboard and touchscreen. Go for it.
    07-09-12 09:50 PM
    uhm all i wanted was instagram. so i installed it on my moms tablet. now i have no reason for an iphone

i love my bb9900. the best device for communicating with others for sure. woot

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-09-12 10:03 PM
    Keep in mind you might read posts about folks with issues but I think there are a lot more of us who've had no problems with our 9900/9930's. I really enjoy my Bold, it's actually turned into a bit of a hobby as I keep learning about features etc. It's a great device imo and does everything I need.
    07-09-12 10:45 PM
    if u want a device that just works the bold is a great choice awesome keyboard, strong radio,great screen kinda small but it does not bother me. i have the PlayBook for games and serious web browsing. but have also had no problems with the browser on the 9930.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-09-12 11:26 PM
    I went from iphone 4s to 9930 and couldn't be happier. No issues at all. I missed my BB. Then I went and added a 64GB playbook and its like Crackberry on steroids

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    jweihrauch likes this.
    07-09-12 11:34 PM
    Both devices serve as my daily drivers and I am well-versed with both platforms. If I were to choose just one, it would be the 9900. 4G LTE support, connects to 802.11n 5 GHz / 40 MHz networks. Faster in every imaginable way than the 4S when multitasking. Jailbreak the 4S and the choice is a toss up. I have spent over $1000 on apps for the iPhone 3G/4/4S (App Store and Cydia), so I am quite familiar with what the iPhone can do. Probably spent about as much over the years on apps for various BB devices as well. With a Juice Pack Air/Plus (I use both), the 4S is simply more fun, particularly when jailbroken. If I am going out and about to places like Disneyland, I'll pocket the 4S. To school, or work, the 9900.
    Last edited by adamlau; 07-10-12 at 05:21 AM.
    07-10-12 02:47 AM
    The debate is endless....iphone this, BB that, Android something else.....I have had all of them, and found a home in BB devices.

I don't play games....I like freedom to use my device the way it works for me...love the BB user interface, and the PB is my tablet of choice...it all works...
    jweihrauch and chipalmtree37 like this.
    07-10-12 03:30 AM
    Both devices serve as my daily drivers and I am well-versed with both platforms. If I were to choose just one, it would be the 9900. 4G LTE support, connects to 802.11n 5 GHz / 40 MHz networks. Faster in every imaginable way than the 4S when multitasking. Jailbreak the 4S and the choice is a toss up. I have spent over $1000 on apps for the iPhone 3G/4/4S (App Store and Cydia), so I am quite familiar with what the iPhone can do. Probably spent about as much over the years on apps for various BB devices as well. With a Juice Pack Air/Plus (I use both), the 4S is simply more fun, particularly when jailbroken. If I am going out and about to places like Disneyland, I'll pocket the 4S. To school, or work, the 9900.
    the 99xx doesnt support LTE
    07-10-12 04:24 AM
    Correction made in my initial post .
    07-10-12 05:21 AM
    I am looking at doing the exact same thing. I want to get rid of my iPhone4 and get an 9900. Partly because my network is slow and want to change and also because I just don't like my iPhone anymore. I don't use 90% of the apps. My cameras were sh*t to begin with and I'm no photographer so idc about that. I'm really keen to get my hands on a touchscreen with a qwerty keyboard instead f a full touchscreen. But reading through the first few pages on this subforum has me worried about getting a 9900. They seem to be having a lot of kinks to work out and a lot of phones bricked or nuked..? Or is that just because people are just posting for help...

Sorry for threadjack lol
    Take it from a fellow 9900 owner, I much prefer this over my iPhone 4S. In fact, I don't even use my iPhone 4S anymore. It's now my work phone and my personal (Most used device) is the Bold 9900. I haven't had a single issue with my Bold 9900 and I've had it for a little while now. Paired with a Playbook, it doesn't get much better that that.

To be honest, I look for reasons to type on this keyboard.
    07-10-12 01:54 PM
    Bold 9900 hands down. I had an Iphone 4S for 3 weeks and ditched it for my old Bold 9780. Recently (9 weeks ago) upgraded to the 9900 and was honestly the best decision ever. Its obviously a matter of personal opinion. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    Sean*
    07-10-12 03:16 PM
    While not jailbroken:
    - iPhone doesn't have real multitasking, that's total crap. Also it has minimalistic informational functions (no home screen info panel, no home screen at all).
    - it has 600000+ applications, but did you see them? Yeah, a lot of games, but do you need a phone or a game console?
    Actually, I'm happy that bought BlackBerry (i have a lot of experience with iPhone, i'm developing for them since 2009), and I hope i'll have some time to write some missing apps for BB.
    07-10-12 03:19 PM
    All I'm going to say is 9930.
    07-10-12 11:41 PM
    Just to add my input to this conversation; I like the BB 99xx keyboard because I type like a crazy dunk monkey when I send text messages to friends. But this stone age Bold 9900 cannot load some of my school's grade tables and GPA tables. This is driving my crazy because I have to run to a computer to check my grades. So, why am I paying for data when BlackBerry can't even open a web page?

I am looking into selling my BB 9900 for Samsung GS III or a the next Samsung that hits the market. Never ever never ever I will buy the bully loving, suing everyone type Apple Cult Inc products as long as I live.
    07-10-12 11:54 PM
    i have both a 4s and a 9900, the micro sim card from the 4s will work on the 9900 you just have to center it properly in the sim slot. As long as you have a bb data plan you can use both. The 9900 is an awesome phone, I can say this without Bias because I sometimes switch to my 4s, each device has strengths and weaknesses. I switched from 9900 to iphone back and forth at least 4 times. I realized for me, I had to have both at my disposal lol. There were cheap 9900s on kijiji so I bought one for $150 with warranty for almost a year it was 1 month old.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    07-11-12 12:05 AM
    Hi there,

A couple of friends have recently dumped there iphone 4S and moved over to 9900,s they were initially worried about the battery life!

I managed to convince them that since 7.1 software upgrade that 9900 has improvising in all respects, it does not help when RIM are unable to get this message across to the retail outlets a carriers

If the JS1 1450ah battery from 9320 was made a available for the 9900/9930, how many more users would switch?

07-11-12 12:23 AM
    Iphone is superior compared to bb. Bb is nice device but os is crap. Painfully slow and somehow old. As i bought my 9900 i feel like im make time travel to 2005. Even my old htc magic with android 1.5 and 300mhz cpu works better than this.

Downloading installing and removing app is so slow. Also mostly apps that i downloaded need restart of the whole phone lol.

I like the keyboard the build quality but os is a joke.

The best will be if bb could run qnx like playbook. Well then we can talk about comparing iphone with bb.
    07-11-12 10:35 AM
    Not sure if this was stated, but are both options on the Sprint network? I am from Canada so I don't know what networks are with what companies in the USA.

If they are not both with Sprint I would choose the one with the best phone reception and service in my area.

My 2cnts.
    07-11-12 12:59 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD